High-end excavator replica modelHigh-fidelity replica model, operated via the LEGO® TECHNIC CONTROL+ app and powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs and 7 motors.
Realistic features and motorised functionsRotate the superstructure, operate the boom and bucket, drive forwards and backwards and record movements using a smart device.
LEGO® TECHNIC™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
Explore innovative engineering
Developed in partnership with Liebherr, with over 4,000 parts.
Includes access ways, cockpit, extensible ladder and more.
Powered by advanced technologies
3 XL motors and 4 L motors for realistic functionality.
Advanced smart hubs
Includes 2 smart hubs for control using a smart device.
Operated through the free LEGO® TECHNIC CONTROL+ app.
Perform complex manoeuvres with ease.
A highly rewarding building experienceLEGO® builders are introduced to advanced elements of engineering as they build this Liebherr R 9800 Excavator replica.
Get ready for a colossal LEGO® build and play experience with the 4,108-piece LEGO Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator. Developed in partnership with Liebherr, this replica model is operated via the intuitive LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app and powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs with 7 motors. The sophisticated app technology enables super-precise movement and amazing functionality, while delivering endless authentic digital play combinations via 4 different control screens with cool graphics. The Multi-function control screen enables users to drive the machine in all directions, rotate the superstructure, extend and raise the boom, open and tilt the bucket, play realistic sound effects and get real-time feedback, such as boom position, power usage and drive distance. With the One-touch screen, users can use drag patterns to control the boom, arm and bucket, while the Custom-built movements screen enables them to choose pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements. And, with the Challenges & achievements screen, users can complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- This excavator model features the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app for a more immersive and realistic play experience and hours of fun.
- The app-controlled LEGO® Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator is operated via a smart device with 4 alternative control screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible smart devices.
- Multi-function control: Drive forward, reverse, steer, rotate the superstructure, extend, raise and lower the boom, open and tilt the bucket and get model feedback, such as boom and superstructure position, power usage and drive distance.
- One-touch control: Select an on-screen drag pattern and see the excavator respond to your command.
- Custom-built movements: Use pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements.
- Challenges & achievements: Complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- Replica of the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator with an array of true-to-life features and functions, finished with an authentic color scheme and cool sticker detailing.
- Includes 3 XL Motors, 4 L Motors and 2 Bluetooth-controlled Smart Hubs.
- Smart Hubs feature Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, activation button, 6 axis sensor (3 gyro and 3 accelerometer sensors) and 4 connectivity ports.
- The app allows users to connect to multiple hubs, ensuring precise and true-to-life movements.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- This excavator toy requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- This LEGO® Technic™ construction toy introduces LEGO builders to advanced elements of engineering.
- Not compatible with the Power Functions systems.
- Liebherr R 9800 Excavator measures over 15” (39cm) high, 25” (65cm) long and 10” (27cm) wide.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- October 11th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Better to play with after it is builtOldFogeyKen | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe build is not the most pieces of any set, nor is it the most complex, there were no real problems building it and it was pretty straightforward. The only problem I had was solved when it turns out you ned to have all motors connected to the second hub to test it. This is not in the instructions, but calling support they are aware of it and just plugging the motors in will allow you to test part two. The thing is pretty heavy, the bag of 100 "rocks" is a good touch and it is how the LEGO group is able to claim that this is the largest set by piece count. Those pieces are not in the model unlike the rough terrain crane so I don't count them. When playing with it, make sure to stow the steps and lock them in place, I did not do that originally and caught it in the carpet. The controls are well explained and the app works fine on my phone. The model is very smooth compared to most power functions sets as there are not a lot of complex gears in the boom. The boom and bucket are all moved by linear actuators. The new longer linear actuator is soing to be something to play with in the future. All in all, a nice build, fun and heavy. Lots of replay value. Most of the expense is in the electronics and the license I suspect. But it is really fun to play with.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 11 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- June 23rd, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Painfully slow, yet entertainingJKeys | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA compelling build with precise instructions. Set up of the Power up hubs and motors with your smart phone (iPhone 11 in my case ) relatively easy as long as you follow the instructions on when to do this. The model itself is a marvel to look at especially if big diggers are your thing Detailing (hand rails, hydraulic hoses and drivers cab) add to the look. Stickers as usual are a pain, be careful with the 9800 sticker that goes on the lower jibe, this can easily be slightly obscured during the build if placed central on it's panel. Place this one higher up. Building the gears and drive trains are very reminiscent of the old meccano (when it was engineering based) though a bit slack in the housings for power operation making the model annoyingly noisy in this department (turning up your phone for the machine sound effects or wearing ear defenders masks this ) Perhaps for these kind of models adding bearings and some form of grease would fix this annoyance in them. The greatest aspect of the model is its functional attributes The digging, jibe lifting, body rotation and bucket swings are most fun and entertaining But the track operation lets it down Very clicky as it jumps the drive sprocket on full turning (worrying you into knowing your excessively wearing down the gears), works best on smooth wooden floors Slightest bit of carpet will start the worry when turning. Comically its slow in a scale speed way, it will take approx, ten minutes to pick up a dropped lego piece and hand it to you. its a lot quicker to just get off your chair and pick it up yourself. Yet it would make a perfect running partner for a tortoise.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 9 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- November 2nd, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great setBeirao66 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA fantastic set! I was expecting him (as well as 42110) since his announcement and I placed the order at 00:01 on 10/01/2019. Complex this set. Its construction was a challenge, with some mistakes, but it was worth it. Seeing the full capabilities of its 7 engines and 2 hubs was fantastic. And the simultaneous execution of various movements controlled by the Lego Control + App is new. Many possibilities offers the set, through firmware and software upgrades. Congratulations and continue on this path. One missing piece that the friendly and effective Lego Support service promptly sent. 5 stars for this service.4 November 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. It's very unusual for a LEGO® set to be missing any pieces. (Usually they're found stuck in the packaging or hiding on the floor!) But in the rare case something is missing, we're always here to help at LEGO.build/Service. We're glad you got in touch, and happy building!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Liebherr R 9800 Excavator
- June 23rd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great BuildGrumpyPaPiEddie | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Great model to build, instructions are clear and easy to follow the only problem we found was in testing 2nd stage was, you need to have all the motors connected, but this was a minor glitch. The down side we came across was, missing pieces, in bags 1,2 and 3, so needed to wait for replacement parts to arrive before we could complete.Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Liebherr R 9800 Excavator