Epic Battle Set - Kai vs. SkulkinNINJAGO®
Monkie Kid’s Underwater Journey gift with LEGO® Monkie Kid™ and/or NINJAGO® purchase over 40 €, valid 10/01 – 27/01, while stocks last.*Learn more
Get kids playing out ultimate good-versus-evil battles between hero Kai and his nemesis Skulkin with this Epic Battle Set – Kai vs. Skulkin (71730) playset. Featuring a cool spinning platform battle toy and a small brick-built temple, this ninja toy makes a great treat and will inspire kids to enjoy hours of captivating role play.
Everything kids need for imaginative play
This buildable toy features 2 minifigures: a new-for-January-2021 Kai and a Legacy Skulkin from Seasons 1 and 2 of the LEGO® NINJAGO® TV series, while the included 4 red weapons add an extra dimension to the battle play.
The best buildable toys for creative kids
NINJAGO playsets encourage kids to step away from their screens to enjoy daring adventures in a fantasy world. They will love learning valuable life skills and teaming up with their ninja heroes as they play with an exciting collection of ninja toys including mechs, planes and dragons.
- LEGO® NINJAGO® Epic Battle Set – Kai vs. Skulkin (71730) lets kids stage exciting all-action battles between their hero Kai and the evil Skulkin.
- Ninja playset features 2 minifigures: a new-for-January-2021 Kai and a Legacy Skulkin from Seasons 1 and 2 of the LEGO® NINJAGO® TV series and 4 red weapons.
- Also includes a detailed brick-built temple and a cool battle platform for Kai to spin into the action and use as a powerful weapon to knock over Skulkin.
- With 61 pieces, this playset is a fun building experience for kids aged 6 and up and the perfect ‘just because’ treat they will want to play with over and over again.
- Temple measures over 1 in. (3 cm) high, 4.5 in. (12 cm) wide and 2.5 in. (6 cm) deep – the perfect size to play with at home or to take to a friend's house for more fun.
- Recreate even bigger LEGO® NINJAGO® epic battles with other sets: Zane vs. Nindroid (71731), Jay vs. Serpentine (71732) and Cole vs. Ghost Warrior (71733).
- LEGO® NINJAGO® sets take kids away from their screens into a world of imaginative play where they can learn positive life skills on adventures with their ninja heroes.
- For more than six decades, LEGO® bricks have been made from the highest-quality materials to ensure they pull apart consistently, every time. Ninja skills not needed!
- LEGO® building bricks meet the highest safety standards in the world.
- January 15th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A very good set that's worth your moneyUnicut1 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOne of the newest sets for The Ninjago line in 2021 is the "Epic Battle" series, compiling the four original ninja against the foes they faced in the story. In this set, Kai, the Elemental Master of Fire faces off againest Wyplash. The main bulid is some sort entrance to a monastery or temple, the side build is a training dummy that can spin and the extra build is a "Spinjitzu Battle Platform" that can spin in a flat surface. The minifigures included are Kai and Wyplash, the Kai minifigure has a exclusive torso and leg printing however the head and half mask aren't exclusive, but the hair piece is new with a bandana wrapped over Kai's hair (this hair piece will be used later for the Season 14 sets). The only part exclusive to Wyplash is a different head print so the Wyplash migifigure technically isn't exclusive. Overall, this builds are nice, the minifigures all hit (no misses) and this set will do nice to any LEGO fan's collectionPlay Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Epic Battle Set - Kai vs. Skulkin
- February 8th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Ha! 32-Thread Count!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: FriendThe Kai Epic Battle Set is a neat pack that any LEGO Ninjago fan can appreciate. It comes with several different buildable features, including two minifigures, a miniature fire temple, eight fire weapons, a kendo dummy, and a Spinjitzu spinner. To start, the minifigures are excellent. Legacy Kai has an exclusive outfit consisting of a torn white shirt with the Ninjagon letters V and S printed on it, special fire themed red pants, a red mask, and a new hair piece with a red bandana (which can be found in upcoming LEGO Ninjago “The Island” sets) that is very reminiscent of Kai’s headband in season 5 of the Ninjago TV series. Wyplash is a quite ordinary Skulkin minifigure with a rice hat, one who can be found in other sets such as the Monastery of Spinjitzu. The temple is a quick little build and adds to the ambiance of the battle. Kai’s fire weapons include two each of katanas, shurikens, nunchucks, and scythes. If one has a flat, smooth surface, they can roll the Spinjitzu spinner on that surface to aid Kai in his battle against Wyplash with a Spinjitzu punch. Overall, it is a great Legacy set, one that is sure to please both those who are long-time fans of Ninjago, and those who have just joined in the ninja action.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Epic Battle Set - Kai vs. Skulkin
- March 23rd, 2021Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0FineI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfMain issue I have with this set is the misleading advertising. This along with Ninjago city gardens clearly show gold pieces that look drum lacquered and shiny like the gold pieces on the monkey kid mech. I don't mind pearl gold and the average kid is not even going to notice. But still the photoshopping should be reigned in or maybe put a disclaimer.Play Experience3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Epic Battle Set - Kai vs. Skulkin
- May 30th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0I love these NinjasI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI’m an adult Lego fan with no knowledge of the Ninjago story or the TV series. Bought this and some other Ninjago sets because it looks cool and the theme seems like it would open a door to creative play with my daughter. My 3 year old daughter patiently sat on my lap while I opened this, just so she could play with the “Skeleton Guy” that was on the cover of the box. I put the Skeleton figure together first, and my daughter immediately grabbed it and started playing with him while I built the rest of the set. That was worth the $10 right there. She likes the Kai figure too, but only wants his happy face showing, and always wants his mask on. The little temple looks great when built. I like the Oriental designs Lego has developed for this Ninjago line. They look great. The weapons are very nice and the spinner tool is well made too. It’s a good set for anybody getting into the line, or who wants a simple, cheap set to play around with. I also recommend the Cole set, which I picked up at the same time. The two dioramas look good displayed together.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Epic Battle Set - Kai vs. Skulkin