Enjoy a rewarding build-and-play experience with this robust and detailed 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic Container Yard set, featuring an articulated truck with working steering, opening doors, detachable trailer and two loadable containers, plus a container loader with working steering and extendable boom with working grabber. This set can be rebuilt to create a Container Straddle-Carrier with truck and container. Both models can be built using the free interactive, 3D digital LEGO Building Instructions app, available online.
- Features an articulated truck with working steering, opening doors, detachable trailer and two loadable containers, plus a container loader with working steering and an extendable boom with working grabber.
- Truck features a blue and white color scheme.
- Container loader features an orange and black color scheme.
- Steer the articulated truck into position.
- Operate the loader's boom to grab the containers and lift them into position.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 9+.
- Free interactive, 3D Digital LEGO® Building Instructions app available online for both A and B models. Ask your parents' permission.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Container Straddle-Carrier with truck and container.
- Truck with trailer measures over 4” (11cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Container loader with boom extended measures over 9” (23cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide, and over 3” (10cm) high and 9” (23cm) long with boom retracted.
- Each container measures over 1” (5cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
- Container Straddle-Carrier (fully extended) measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (11cm) long and 9” (24cm) wide, and over 6” (17cm) high and 4” (11cm) wide when retracted.
- Container Straddle-Carrier truck with container measures over 3” (9cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide, and over 2” (7cm) high without the container.
- April 7th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Overall, this set is just funI would recommend this to a friend!The set goes together easily, once built the two vehicles are really fun to play with. The cargo containers can be manipulated easily by the loader. The boom on the lift is adjustable and telescopes, a very nice design. Almost as fun as the Telehandler. This kit is the start of a really nice airport for me. Great design and excellent playability, much recommended.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard
- September 30th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Packs a lot of play into a simple ideaCraigV |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfCons: The truck is lacking - 3 axles instead of 2 would be better, plus 2 instead of 1 on the trailer. Truck steering is limited, too. Containers too thin, scale is off with the truck trailer. Pros: Easy build, simple, mechanics work well, play value is good (5 year old enjoyed loading and unloading containers for a while after it was done). Colours are pleasing and the models look good together. Value: I paid AUD$71.20. Although discounted from the $89.95 RRP, it's still on the upper limit of what feels reasonable. Overall: I'm glad I bought it. The build was my first in 20 years to test the water. Now, I'm going to spend an uncomfortable amount of money on bigger sets!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard
- June 24th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great SetBrodiess |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set was one of my favourite builds, and I can continue to play this set with the kids for hours after the build was complete!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard
- December 18th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun build with great results.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis build was pretty straightforward from the beginning. In typical LEGO fashion, it was separated into 3 stages. The truck is pretty cool, and coupled with the trailer and containers, is a good size. The container loader is neat, and contains plenty of interactive features. The boom is extendable, and can be elevated and lowered. The realistic rear wheel steering keeps your loader on track to load the cargo containers. Overall, a great build, I think, and a wonderful addition to the LEGO Technic collection.Play Experience4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard