Temporarily out of stock
A Vintage Taxi gift with LEGO® purchase over 1490 kr., valid 28/01 – 13/02, while stocks last.*Learn more
The LEGO® DUPLO® 10874 Steam Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a train station, coal tipper, 2 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and a simple toy train track included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes train driver and child LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a squirrel figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, passenger carriage, 5 color-coded action bricks, train station, coal tipper, tree and 16 pieces of track.
- Accessory elements include a refueling can, suitcase, bread and a spade.
- Any toddler can start the steam train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place and move the 5 colored action bricks around the track so the train follows their instructions to sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Develop imagination and early role-play skills using the LEGO® DUPLO® figures to create endless journeys and adventures.
- Extend the play possibilities of this LEGO® DUPLO® set by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10875 Cargo Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Steam train with passenger car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Station measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- December 31st, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great App Integrationdtrev |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonSanta gave my 18mo this for Christmas. It is simple to set up and use. We bought it so that our older son could play together with youngest. Works perfectly for that. Making the set is easy, i’d recommend getting extra sets so there’s more track. App Set up is easy and straightforward and worked straight away on our Apple devices (IoS 12) Youngest loves the push and go so no app needed. Our 4yo loves the app and the extra interactive games. We had a lot of old style black track from years ago, it works perfectly with that. Ths only issue is the old style bridge doesn’t have enough grip. This was fixed with a thin wipe of PVA of the track surface! We now have a hump back bridge!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Steam Train
- September 22nd, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Love the new trains, both Duplo and Powered Up!I would recommend this to a friend!This train is cute as a button, and the action bricks are a brilliant feature. I'm looking forward to using this as part of an upcoming LEGO library Display & Play Event. The modest price makes it a great way to get started with Duplo trains, or even use it as an expansion pack with other train sets. My only reservation is the design of the battery compartment. It took several tries to get the batteries all seated properly and the lid closed without one of the batteries popping loose again. Once everything was in place, though, I had *no* problem with the amount of power available in the engine, and it is a pleasure to operate!Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Steam Train
- February 1st, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Great but.....Daayna |Purchased for: SonMy 3 year old loves this train but unfortunately it's also caused a lot of tears by breaking down twice within 8 weeks. With the first set we got, the sound stopped working after 2 days. Luckily we were able to get a replacement from the store we bought it from, after a lot of arguing on our part and it took 3 weeks for the replacement set get to us. 2 weeks into the new set the action bricks have now stopped working and the store won't replace it again so we either just have to live with it not really working or shell out another $99 for a whole new set. It's a shame because it's great fun and we already bought a couple of the extension options.3 February 2020Emily, Customer ServiceOh no! We're really sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience with your train. If your train isn't reacting to the action bricks, double-check that nothing's gotten caught in the sensor on the underside. You can also wipe the sensor off with a clean cloth (make sure you're gentle, though!). And make sure the room your son's playing in doesn't have too much light. If it's too bright, the sensor won't be able to distinguish between colors. If those tips don't do the trick, then please get in touch at LEGO.com/service. We'd be happy to help with further troubleshooting.Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Steam Train
- May 8th, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Not worth buyingPurchased for: SonThis train was purchased for my then 2 year old to replace the older style Duplo train that we'd had for about 4ish years that was great but had stopped working. So we had heaps of tracks including the bridge. We are not at all impressed with the new train. The batteries don't sit in properly so it doesn't work sometimes, its difficult for him to turn on (when the batteries do sit in properly), it has no power to tow one wagon up the bridge (the old one did 4 no worries) and just ends up with a frustrated child (his big brother 6 doesn't like the new train either). Even with the new features it's not worth the trouble, its hardly been used.
Response from LEGO SHOP3 June 2020Marine, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear that, we'd love to help! Please get in touch with us directly on LEGO.build/Service-BV.Play Experience1.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Steam Train