Looking for a special gift for kids who love construction toy sets? This 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-Duty Excavator (42121) toy has plenty of features for hours of creative play. Boys and girls aged 8 and up will enjoy an immersive building challenge before exploring the digger toy's realistic features.
See how an excavator works
Digging, driving, rotating; there's so much to discover in this cool kids' excavator toy. Check out the shovel that moves up and down, plus the movable arm, running belts and rotating body. There’s also a detailed cabin with a driver’s seat and control panel. The set comes with extra LEGO brick ‘stones’ to dig and 4 cones. When it’s time for a new challenge, the model rebuilds into a tracked tractor with backhoe.
A rewarding build for young LEGO fans
The LEGO Technic universe offers advanced building toys for LEGO fans ready for their next challenge. With realistic mechanisms, these rewarding sets are a great way to introduce kids to the world of engineering.
- Whether it’s a birthday, Christmas, or ‘just because’ gift, young construction fans will love building and exploring this 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Heavy-Duty Excavator (42121) toy set.
- Packed with realistic features, this digger toy set lets kids see how construction vehicles really work. Check out the moving shovel and arm, plus running belts, just like on a real excavator.
- When kids are ready for a new challenge, the 2-in-1 toy model rebuilds into a tracked tractor with backhoe.
- This cool excavator toy for kids is ideal for boys and girls aged 8 and up who love construction vehicles.
- With the authentic cabin and control panel to explore, it’s easy for kids to imagine life on a construction site with this cool excavator toy.
- Role-play is easy with this cool set. There are 4 cones to manage the building site, plus extra LEGO® pieces to use as bricks for scooping up with the digger truck toy.
- This kids' excavator toy model measures over 9 in. (23 cm) high, with arm up,14.5 in. (37 cm) long, with arm fully extended, and 4 in. (11 cm) wide.
- The LEGO® Technic™ universe opens up the world of engineering for young LEGO fans ready for their next building challenge.
- LEGO® components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it's been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet strict global safety standards.
- March 14th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazing Little Machine!!!Kenner |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have dozens of Lego sets of all varieties and have been building and collecting them for nearly 50 years! This is however my first review. when I saw this set come up I knew at once I would purchase it and I was in no way disappointed in doing so. In my estimation it is a great set at a great price point and I highly recommend it. That being said there is in my opinion one flaw... Good news, it is easily corrected with existing pieces from the set! The flaw resides in the "curl" function of the bucket which impairs its ability to adequately pick up or maintain a load. I have attached pictures which hopefully will aid anyone wishing to make the change. Thanks for reading and enjoy!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Heavy-Duty Excavator
- April 3rd, 2021Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0More interesting than expected but unfortunate QCAlexO12 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe set in general was great! I bought it because the mechanisms interested me and it had parts that I didn't have in my collection. The build took more attention to detail than I thought and the arm was more complex as well - both good things! It wasn't over quickly which makes it more enjoyable. However when adding a few pieces to the vehicle's body, there were several that didn't alight properly when placed beside eachother on one of the technic axles. The hole for the axle must be just a few degrees off. Noticeable only if you look closely. I wouldn't attribute this to the set itself, just some unfortunate mixing of parts.Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Heavy-Duty Excavator
- April 2nd, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Minifig scale, would fit well in a City layoutfranctas |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAt first glance, I was not going to buy this set, just another excavator, but on closer inspection, noted that it was possibly minifig scale. The set was a fun build, not too complicated, but with plenty of Technic features. On completion, I did note that the cab was minifig scale, some small modifications and I was able to put a minifig in the cab. This adds to the playability in my opinion, maybe the designers could have considered this when designing the model. The completed model fits well in a city layout, this adds to the versatility of the model. It is not just a Technic model for display.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Heavy-Duty Excavator
- March 6th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent ExcavatorI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a very nice build, and I was really impressed by how highly detailed this is for a smaller technic build. Unlike some other previous excavators which are a bit skeletal this has very few panel gaps. The only issue I had was that the bucket has a bit of a limited range so you can’t use it to it’s full capacity when picking stuff up. Other than that I can’t fault it. It looks right at home next to modular buildings too!Play Experience4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Heavy-Duty Excavator