Verified Parental Consent
Verified Parental ConsentEnsuring a safe environment for our children
Providing a safe online environmentAt the LEGO Group we have always strived to be best in class when it comes to our users’ online safety. We have always been, and will continue to be, one of the first to implement the latest standards and adhere to the latest GDPR and COPPA regulations.
Making Child Safety Our PriorityAs part of ensuring child safety, we have introduced Verified Parental Consent, enabling parents to verify themselves and give consent for their child to play and share in our LEGO experiences such as LEGO Life, LEGO® Super Mario™, LEGO Ideas and LEGO VIDIYO.
Parental VerificationTo create a safe environment for kids, verification needs to be given by an adult. Until now, we have verified parents or guardians using email, but safety standards continue to improve. We have opted for a more secure way by now asking for ID verification or credit/debit card details. Verification is free and we will not store your personal details.
Verification Steps in just a few minutes
- The easiest way to get started is to ask your child to share a photo on a LEGO experience
- A screen will appear telling your child to ask a parent or guardian for verification
- Have your ID or credit/debit card ready and then follow the on-screen instructions. Types of ID include government-issued passport, national ID or your driver’s license
Your LEGO® AccountThe verification process will allow you to sign up for a LEGO Account and link this with your child’s account. You will then have access to parental control.
Verification enables exciting featuresHere are a few examples of the things that your child can enjoy with a verified account, depending on the LEGO experience they are in:
- Upload and share photos/videos
- Enter competitions
- Comment with free text
- Tag their friends
- Receive notifications about new activities
- Get a personalized experience.