New play experienceExciting new way to play with LEGO® toys by combining a LEGO model with a game app for a fully interactive experience.
Playset filled with ghost-hunting actionScan the LEGO® model with a phone to make it come alive. Interacting with the model makes things happen in the app.
A fun building challenge
Building this large model starts the fun play experience.
Find and capture ghosts
Use the app to find and capture ghosts floating around the model.
Color wheel interacts with app
Turning the color wheel interacts with the mini game in the app.
Train can be changed into a possessed flying train.
Unlock the boss ghost
Add a fun in-app play challenge with boss ghost Bawa.
Expand role-play into the digital realm
Combine physical play with digital fun for hours of extra playtime.
Includes Parker and Jack minifiguresPlus J.B., train driver Chuck, ticket lady Ms. Santos and passenger minifigures, 3 smartphones elements and more.
Immerse kids in the ultimate augmented-reality play experience with this exciting LEGO® Hidden Side™ 70424 Ghost Train Express playset. This awesome toy combines a buildable LEGO model with an augmented reality app to deliver a fully interactive play experience. Download the Hidden Side app and scan the model with a phone to make it come alive – interacting with the model makes things happen in the app. And with continuous updates, a unique boss ghost to battle in each set, new mysteries to solve, cool items to find, games to play and ghosts to collect, this LEGO Hidden Side set gives kids a whole new way to play and interact with LEGO bricks! This awesome train playset features cool, high-tech, ghost-catching details to inspire hours of imaginative play. And with 5 minifigures, including heroes Jack and Parker, there are a lot of play-starters so the action can start right away.
- This LEGO® Hidden Side™ train toy combines the open creative play of LEGO building playsets with an app for an amazing single or multiplayer augmented-reality (AR) play experience. Ideal for kids aged 8 and up.
- Download the LEGO® Hidden Side™ app and point your phone at the Ghost Train Express to make this train set for kids come alive. Move the phone around to discover an ever-changing environment hidden around the model.
- This augmented reality toy includes 5 figures: Jack Davids with a smartphone and girl minifigure Parker L. Jackson with a smartphone, tech genius J.B., ticket agent Ms. Santos, and ticket guy Chuck.
- This train has lots of play-starting features, like ghost wings that fold-out with the flip of a lever, a chamber to pretend to remove the ghosts haunting Ms. Santos, and a ‘de-haunting' cannon to help defeat the ghosts and return the old train station to normal.
- Set in the fictional town of Newbury, where ghosts haunt people and buildings, LEGO® Hidden Side™ playsets let kids play out exciting ghost-hunting adventures that combine physical LEGO models with fully-interactive augmented reality.
- Build and play with the physical building set and then bring it to life as you interact with the set while viewing it through the AR app.
- Using the LEGO® Hidden Side™ app is like looking through a window to a cool and spooky Hidden Side filled with challenging mysteries to solve, ghosts to defeat and unique ghost bosses, like The Bawa, to overcome in each set.
- To get the full augmented reality experience, a tablet or mobile phone is required, but not included. Compatible with selected iOS and Android devices. Check compatibility at www.LEGO.com/devicecheck. Children should ask permission before going online.
- Ghost train and station measure over 5” (14cm) high, 5” (15cm) wide and 24” (61cm) long when haunted.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- May 27th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0What an amazing setgrowithxpisto | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: FriendFirst hidden side set, what a bang for the buck! This set has so many play functions and just really looks great on the collection shelf.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ghost Train Express
- July 16th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0All LEGO trains should be built with motorizationLegoManiacCA | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfJust some constructive criticism from a fan. I noticed LEGO responded to some reviewers about this train not being intended for motorization. In my opinion, all LEGO trains should be motorized or at least designed to be easily converted for motors, especially since you already sell other motorized trains and track. It would definitely be more consistent. It is confusing and disappointing to have some trains with motors and some without. Why wouldn't you want to maximize the compatibility and play value of your "cool" train sets? It can't be that difficult to make a few mods to the build to allow for the convenience of a motor in the trains. Just a thought from a train collector and LEGO fan. Even better would be to provide a simple motor upgrade package that one can order when the train is released or just include the motor. If you are trying to reach a price point then I understand not including the motor but at least make it easy to upgrade for those of us that would want it. It means happy customers and more sales for LEGO.30 July 2020Samuel, LEGO Customer ServiceThank you for taking the time to write a review. We're always looking to improve our products and services, so your comments are greatly appreciated, thank you!Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Ghost Train Express
- August 8th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Awesome looking trainmoggy001 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI agree with the previous reviewer in that the new train wheels without metal axle are quite rubbish. I think their advantage is simply that they are much easier for younger kids to put together. But then the new couplers (non-magnetic) are a fiddle so that negates the above. Otherwise, this set is quite fun. It looks awesome in my opinion and provides a decent amount of playability. Pretty straight-forward to build so will suit a diverse range of builders. I love trains so this had to be added to my collection, but I should warn that it requires quite a big mod to motorise it. This was also the first of the hidden side sets that i have built and so far I like the theme. The overall feel of the theme is well designed and the characters are fantastic. The augmented reality app is pretty cool, and although it became boring for me quite quickly I think it would entertain a younger audience well.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Ghost Train Express
- April 29th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazingbrickman20 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis lego is great value for money and i recommend it for the ages 8 to 16. The app works well with my device but it may not for everyone. The feature that make it spooky are super cool so you can have a demon train. I bought extra tracks for it and it fits on them. I havent tried to power it but i may in future. Great set, Highly Highly recommend as a birthday present or christmas present.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ghost Train Express