Heat up the competitive LEGO® Super Mario™ action with Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set (71364). This modular LEGO Super Mario playset features a sliding platform, Whomp figure guarding a P Switch (found only in this set!) and a brick-built, shell-shaped system to topple the Lava Bubble figure. It’s the ideal gift toy for kids who own the LEGO® Mario™ figure found in the Adventures with Mario Starter Course (71360).
The free LEGO Super Mario app has intuitive Instructions PLUS, featuring cool viewing tools to help build this module. It also offers suggestions for creative ways to build, rebuild and play, and is a safe platform for kids to share ideas with other Mario fans.
Great for competitions with friends and family or solo gameplay, collectible LEGO Super Mario toy playsets bring a unique, family-favorite character into the real world. The Starter Course, Expansion Sets and Power-Up Packs let fans construct their own levels for unlimited creative fun.
- Kids can create an action-packed new level to add to their LEGO® Super Mario™ Adventures with Mario Starter Course and compete against friends with this Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set (71364).
- The player can build their own challenging course with a sliding platform for LEGO® Mario™ (figure not included) to balance on, Whomp and Lava Bubble figures, and the P Switch, which is found only in this set.
- Kids will love seeing and hearing the different ways LEGO® Mario™ reacts as he encounters each enemy and earns a shower of digital coins for doing tricks after defeating the Whomp and activating the P Switch.
- This 133-piece, creative LEGO® toy playset makes a fun birthday or holiday gift for kids aged 6 and up to add to their Adventures with Mario Starter Course (71360), inspiring them to build and customize their own levels.
- Measuring over 3” (8.5cm) high, 8.5” (22cm) wide and 6.5” (16.5cm) deep in its basic formation, this module can be rebuilt and combined with the Starter Course and other Expansion Sets in multivarious ways.
- No batteries required for this playset – combine it with the LEGO® Mario™ figure in the Starter Course to power up the action.
- Kids can find building instructions, cool digital viewing tools and a safe platform to share their ideas on the free LEGO® Super Mario™ app. For a list of compatible Android and iOS devices, visit LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- Collectible LEGO® Super Mario™ toy building sets bring an iconic character into the real world. They allow fans to expand and rebuild to create their own levels to enjoy solo or in competition against friends and family.
- Builders won’t need a Super Star’s power to connect or pull apart LEGO® bricks! Ever since 1958, the bricks have met the highest industry standards to ensure consistency and a perfect connection.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are extensively tested and analyzed to ensure that every LEGO building toy meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- Free standard 2-3 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- September 8th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fire DodgingValerian70 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfNice addition to the course with a slide element and a large Whomp character. Even better, no stickers all the details are pre-printed on to the blocks so it makes building much more fun (have I mentioned I hate putting stickers on?) The build was fun and relatively straightforward to put together. The big downside for me was that you have no build instructions in the kit it all has to be downloaded through the app. Make sure your device has full battery before you start, especially if you are building multiple sets in the series at the same time or else you can get in the situation I was in where 2 bags from the end my battery died. You don't have to incorporate the set as is in to your course, you can easily take sections and pop them in different locations. Definitely good for creativity. Number Of Pieces: 133 Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.14 Build Time: 30 MinutesPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set
- August 7th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The new sets are beautiful and fun App easy to useCaptainnn | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonEasy to build instructions with the new application where you don't have to be a "Rocket scientist" to build these sets fun for the whole family and gorgeous work Lego thank you very much please produce more. And keep shelling out the instructions on the app because they are truly very very very easy to use and it took me little time to assemble ^_^Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set
- August 6th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Time to give this set some justice!ChillMcCool | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set deserves a proper review considering compared to other people who have touched on this set, I believe it is a very good expansion and should be the first expansion set you should go out to buy on a low budget. We will of course go over buildable figures, play-ability, design, value and overall opinion. Without further ado, lets-a-go! Buildable Figures: For what you are getting in this set alone, it is excellent if you want to add an extra boss to your course and whomp is no exception, I believe his design is excellently put together and has some extra posability in the arms which is nice to get. He takes 6 hits from Mario, already more than what Bowser Junior has, making him an ultimately stronger boss to handle. This set also comes with a mass-able figure of Lava Bubble as while he takes 1 hit by Mario similar to how a Goomba does, I believe it should be similar to a Boo where if you try to hit a Lava Bubble it sets Mario on fire however with a star power he can knock it out and get plenty of coins. Overall well put together figures with very good designs. (4/5) Playability: You of course get the balance bridge mini challenge from the Toad's Treasure Hunt but in a cheaper $20 set which is great for those who want another challenge for a small price. There is also a platform where you can place LEGO Mario (not included) on a platform and knock the lava bubble out which I found a cool small addition to a great set, including a shell piece which is nice to get in such a small set. There is also a P-Block (exclusive to this set) where you can have Mario jump around and collect tons of coins while moving him around and dancing and collecting "coins" in the air. (5/5) For the playability is obviously very good as you can also add it to your course and give it more depth compared to what the starter set already give you. Design: As for design, there isn't much to it. I like how the small towers look with the flames being held by those red stamp pieces, admittedly I wish there was more open spaced platforms for LEGO Mario to jump around in seeing as this whole set is just challenges or enemies but again it is LEGO so you are easily able to customize your course the way you like it, which says the design alone. (4/5). Value: $20 for 133 might seem overpriced but compared to other LEGO Super Mario sets, specifically the Boomer Bill Barrage, You are getting one more piece for $10 less than a set that doesn't offer too much other than a Shy Guy and a neat little challenge. The amount of plastic that you get in this set for $20 alone is fine and is a swell price for those on a budget. (4/5) Overall Opinion: This $20 set feels much more valuable than either of the $30 sets, simply for the nice challenge, a fun boss, a cheap way to get a fire bubble, and includes a mini-boss as well as a freebie block included that amps up the experience of your starter course alone. Rounding up all the numbers, this set deserves a solid (4/5). If you are out looking for LEGO Mario, pick this set up with it and maybe the Desert Pokey. That way you can make a whole Mario world with Grasslands, Deserts, Waters and Castles, without being too large to be able to complete it and being the cheapest way to do so (unless you get the free Monty Mole promo (set 40414)). Thank you all for reading through my review and catch you later! :DPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set
- August 8th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Brilliant setKer23 |I would recommend this to a friend!This is a really great add on the the starter pack. Lots of fun to be had for many. I’m 30 and absolutely loved playing with this with the kids. Easy to set up and lots to do. It kept us amused for ages.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set