Celebrate the iconic VW Beetle with this awesome LEGO® Creator Expert reproduction. This detailed model comprises a number of special features and elements that help recreate the distinctive Beetle characteristics, including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, flat windshield, VW logo, and an authentic 4-cylinder air-cooled engine and fuel tank. The accessible interior features beige-colored, forward-tilting seats, dashboard and steering wheel, and the roof-mounted surfboard and a cooler box can be removed. This model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia.
- Build the world’s most popular car, packed with authentic 1960’s details!
- Includes curved fenders, distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals, surfer accessories, opening hood, trunk and doors
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The Beetle is over 5” high, 11” long and 4” wide
- 1167 pieces – For LEGO fans over 16 years old
- Free standard 2-3 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- July 20th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Another Great Creator VehicleLegoMySimpsons | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfBack in June, one of the employee at the Lego store informed me that this was coming out soon. Then some time later, I saw that this was coming soon on August 1st. Ever since, I kept my eye on it and BOOM! it was on sale for VIP members. I picked this up right away and built this in no-time-flat... well maybe 3~4 hours while watching some TV. This was a simple build. All the bags were numbered #1~#3. It included some brand new pieces that I have never seen like the wheel arches. Lego did a great job improving the old VW Beetle set with this one. Awesome techniques were used to create the body curves and functional hood/trunk areas. It was definitely a great addition to my Lego vehicle collection. Only thing I still don't like are the stickers, although this set didn't have many. Specially the window ones. Once you put them on, you better hope you don't make a mistake like putting them on slightly oblique. Instruction booklet was bent and the edge where the pages were glued were wrinkled. With my OCD, things like that bothers me so, please, don't mind me LOL. Even with that said, the set was well worth it. Great job Lego. Keep 'em coming! (Can we get a smaller Porsche GT3RS? *wink*)Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen Beetle
- September 8th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great set, worth every pennyBibbers | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe Lego Beetle is a must have for any Lego collector. At £69.99 it's got great value for money (unlike other sets *cough* new Death Star *cough*) and also has great play value, being able to hold at least 4 minifigures with ease. It's brick built design and attention to detail provides a great building experience, with very little repetition, it's a truly enjoyable set to build, and an equally great set for display or play. There's also some customization options, such as different number plates to choose from, as well as some stickers that can go on either the bumper, or windows, and if you don't like stickers, they don't really detract from the look if you decide to leave them off. It's impressively accurate to the original, Lego went as far as to create new pieces for this set, which really help capture the feel of the ever popular, and very familiar design of the Volkswagen Beetle. My only gripes are with the surfboard and beach mat. This is only a tiny nitpick, but I'll include it anyway. The beach mat has nothing to hold it, so when it's rolled up, no matter how hard you try, it'll always unroll slightly in the back of the car, leaving it a little untidy. The other, slightly bigger gripe, is with the way the surfboard is held onto the roof, whereas the cooler box next to it is held on by jumper studs, the surfboard is simply held on by 2 rubber pieces pushing it against a rail, this means that it is quite difficult to get to sit flat, and can also come loose during play. Overall, I can't recommend this set enough. Pros: Great brick built design. Amazing attention to detail Little repetition New pieces Accurate to real life model Offers some levels of customization Great play value Relatively low price Cons: Beach mat can unroll slightly Surfboard has nothing to hold it on properlyPlay ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen Beetle
- May 3rd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0HerbieMini007 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!I love Herbie, so I did almost the same thing, I did with Mini Cooper and build a Herbie LEGO Beetle, and a Scarlett version as wellPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen Beetle
- August 5th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazing!Claudia821 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis Lego set is one of the best! I bought it when it was for VIP's only. I love this Lego set! When my mom came home I showed her my collection. My Mom was like wow! I enjoyed building it a lot! This set was very easy for me to build. I think I might get the Porsche next. I love Lego!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrs 3 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Volkswagen Beetle