Enter the world of water sports with this amazing LEGO® Technic 42074 Racing Yacht, featuring a sporty yellow and blue color scheme with maritime racing stickers, colorfully printed sails with lines and winches, and a detailed hull. Turn the ship’s wheel or move the tiller to operate the rudder and wind the winches to move the sails. This sturdy 2-in-1 advanced building set can be rebuilt to create a highly detailed Catamaran.
- Authentic replica of a real-life racing yacht, featuring colorfully printed sails with lines and winches, detailed hull and a working rudder with wheel and tiller steering.
- Check out the sporty yellow and blue color scheme with maritime racing stickers.
- Turn the winches to trim the sail and harness the power of the wind.
- Turn the ship's wheel or man the tiller to operate the rudder.
- This LEGO® Technic advanced building set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- Does not float.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Catamaran.
- Suitable for ages 8-14.
- Racing Yacht measures over 11” (29cm) high, 14” (36cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- Catamaran measures over 10” (27cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 4” (11cm) wide.
- March 18th, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Built this while getting car inspwctedI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI went to get my state inspection done today,I brought something to do so I did not get bored. It is an interesting build, well thought out and very colorful. The rudder mechanism is very clever. The sail outriggers, well, the rubber bands slip and the sail does not turn as it should, but the idea is very clever, It builds very quickly, and it is pretty to look at. Good effort designers.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 1 hrs 15 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Racing Yacht
- July 21st, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Model Number 2 please...DoCDoC |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was at the mall and had my eye on getting this kit. I like the catamaran version better then the single hull. I was sad to find that it did not have a active steering setup that I seen in the first model. I took some time and added it in myself. I have included pictures for those that may also want to add a steering wheel. I moved a chair to the back as well, to tie the addition into the model better. Would love to see a larger Technic model of a sailboat with a weighted keel and stand. A taller and more to scale main sail and jib would also be nice.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 1 hrs 40 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Racing Yacht
- January 14th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Race to be won.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI saw this set in the Leicester Square store this week , thought it looked a good set for the price. I enjoyed building it, not a long no build to do. Sails and rudder move which is nice. Great set for price.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Racing Yacht
- December 3rd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0I call it the SS GeorgieI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI ordered this when it came out, came about 3-4 days later. Really the only negative was the sails was a little crumbled up probably from being in a box with other things. Had to be careful with taking the plastic off the sails. Good to say that this set does not disappoint. The cranks are cool to spin to move the sail. I'm not a fan of the steering wheel moving side to side, but it's not an issue. Its a decent size and height and it's still a pretty cool set.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Racing Yacht