Even big imaginations need a place to start--and our baseplates do the job.
- Measures 15" (38.1cm) x 15" (38.1cm).
- Bricks not included.
84% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- June 22nd, 2019Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Disappointed. Very thin, poor quality for DuploLifer |Purchased for: DaughterThis is not what Lego quality used to be, or should be. Very disappointed with this product. The thickness of this baseplate is too thin, let alone for 2 year old child to play with. Duplos need to be easy to use/build with for little children. This plate is so thin it bends every time we try to take a brick off and makes getting bricks off more difficult. My child accidentally steps on part of it and I fear it's going to break into pieces. The baseplate I have from my childhood was more than1/4 inch thick, this one is less than 1/8. For a baseplate, it should have more of a BASE. $15 for this? You can't use feel bad about using petroleum to make your products but lower the quality to something with a short lifespan like this. Come on Lego, I'll go with other compatible brands online if you can't do betterJune 25, 2019Emily, Customer ServiceI'm sorry to hear that our LEGO® Baseplate didn't meet your expectations. The older piece you have is something a little different - a plate - which serves a different sort of purpose. Baseplates, like this one, are meant purely to serve as the very bottom of your build. That's why they're thinner and aren't made to attach anything underneath. They're perfect for creating a build on a contained space or for making a play table. Baseplates are also awesome for filling in spaces around your builds, giving you the look of grass. Plates, however, come in loads of sizes and colors and are included in many DUPLO® sets. They're designed to be used anywhere in a build and will allow pieces to attach below them. They are, however, smaller than baseplates since they're meant to fit in lots of different places; that means they're not as good at filling in larger spaces. As for the quality, our toys are made to last for generations, and we've tested and retested them to make sure they're A-Okay. It's rare for any of our toys to break during normal use, but if anything ever does happen, we're here to help at LEGO.build/Service.Play Experience3.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?25LEGO® DUPLO® Green Baseplate
- December 22nd, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Nice base for hours of building and playI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterMy daughters have 4 of these, one that I have paintsprayed blue for playing on ocean/water (I highly recommend other parents to do this). There is no problem that the plate is thin as other writes. The plates have survived 1.5 years of energic play without any signs of wear or tear. Building large zoo, park, playground etc on the plate helps my children play for longer time than on the floor. And less mess.Play Experience5.0Value for Money4.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® DUPLO® Green Baseplate
- November 2nd, 2018Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0necessary to have this, but...I would recommend this to a friend!The cost of this item, relative to other Duplo products, just does not make sense! How could one flat piece of plastic cost more than other boxes? As a consumer I feel ripped off as it is a necessary item to anchor the bricks when young children are playing with them.Value for Money1.0Was this helpful?15LEGO® DUPLO® Green Baseplate
- November 23rd, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0QuestionI would recommend this to a friend!We are going to make our son a lego table and I am just wondering if the base plate sizes are actually 15x15 or if that is just the size of the package?
Response from LEGO SHOPNovember 26, 2017Jordan, Consumer ServicesOur measurements are always a little funny when it comes to actual measurements as we have historically measured everything in stud length. So this baseplate is a 24 studs by 24 studs (minus one stud in each rounded corner). It is approximately a 15 inch square but we would never recommend building your table then buying this baseplate to fit in it. We would recommend buying the baseplate first so that you can verify how it works prior to building or buying the table. I hope that makes sense.Was this helpful?45LEGO® DUPLO® Green Baseplate
Shop more like this: