Build the iconic Crocodile LocomotiveIf you love trains, you'll adore this building challenge, creating an authentic LEGO® model version of a vintage classic.
Unwind with an immersive buildEnjoy a spot of quality relaxation as you bring the beautiful Crocodile Locomotive to life.
A treat for train enthusiastsWith 1,271 pieces, this LEGO® set offers a wonderful building challenge for adults and makes a great gift.
Clear your mind and escape the daily grind with this fulfilling building project. If your passion for toy train sets has never really left you, you’ll love recreating the amazing details of the Crocodile Locomotive, a vintage classic from the golden age of rail travel.
Impressive attention to detail
Inspired by the Class Ce 6/8 II locomotive, first built for the Swiss Federal Railways between 1919 and 1927, this beautiful LEGO® model is packed with realistic details. With side rods that move as the wheels turn and posable pantographs that move up and down, there’s lots to explore. Lift the roof to access the crew compartment and use the 2 minifigures to bring the story of this iconic train to life. Add the Powered Up components (sold separately) to motorize your locomotive.
Spark your passion for building
The Crocodile Locomotive (10277) is part of a collection of LEGO® model building kits for adults who love beautiful design. This model also makes a great gift for anyone who loves model trains.
- This LEGO® Crocodile Locomotive (10277) model kit is perfect for adults looking to build a vintage locomotive model or for anyone who loves trains and is looking for their next hobby project.
- Enjoy a rewarding challenge as you bring this buildable model train to life. Then explore the features and functions packed into this set, which celebrates the classic Crocodile Locomotive train.
- Discover amazing details with authentic features true to the original Crocodile Locomotive. The 2 LEGO®minifigures with tools, display track and plaque provide lots to explore after building the classic train.
- Ideal for model train fans, railway enthusiasts and LEGO® lovers, this building kit for adults makes a creative gift or birthday present to transport building fans to a world of total relaxation.
- This train model measures over 6” (16cm) high, 20.5” (52cm) long and 3.5” (8cm) wide, making it a beautiful display piece to show off with pride.
- You can jump right into this immersive building project since no batteries are required. To motorize your locomotive, add 1 x 8809 and 1 x 88013 Powered Up components (sold separately).
- This building set for adults comes with coffee-table-style building instructions with design details to encourage and inspire you.
- Part of a series of inspiring LEGO® building model sets for adults, designed for LEGO building fans, and hobbyists who love elegant design, beautiful architecture and models packed with detail.
- LEGO® building bricks meet the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to ensure that every building set meets the highest safety and quality standards, so you can be sure that this set is designed to last.
- Free standard 2-3 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- October 2nd, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Powered up or Power functionsAdso222 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a good build and I hope Lego add to the series with some more classic trains like the Flying Scotsman. If you are adding the Power up motor #88013 and you use it with the Train Remote control #88010, you will find you have to keep your thumb on the plus button otherwise the motor will stop going. You can add the Power Functions L-motor #88003 but this will require a roof modification to add the IR receiver but this can be done see posted images, with this modification the train works as normal and you can vary the trains speed. Both motors seem to give the same speed output.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Crocodile Locomotive
- July 6th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great Display SetPJEZ | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a great display set, However, the play-ability factor is limited due to the required articulating parts, which total 4 connectors. This breaks the engine wheels into 5 segments. And this set is big. So when picking it up to move, it is a two handed operation. As for instructions, they are well done, but I would have preferred a white background instead of the black. I am looking forward to installing a technic motor, as the gears required to drive the train are part of the build. This is a really cool feature that I liked, and was my favourite part of the set. At different points we had three of our kids helping to build, which is priceless. Again, this is a great display set, and I look forward to more Creator LEGO trains in the future.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Crocodile Locomotive
- October 7th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0As impressive as the originalKari1982 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLEGO created a wonderful LEGO locomotive based on the real thing, the Swiss 6/8 III Crocodile. This is what AFOLs (and probably elder kids) were waiting for many years after the great Creator Expert trains. Stunning details, lovely solutions everywhere. It looks like the real thing and with Powered Up application it sounds like the real thing. Personally I don't need the display stand but understand the logic behind it. Well, if this is the way that ensures more purchases by AFOLs (and more Train sets later by LEGO) then be it. I like that it can be motorized easily, enjoyed building the set and love to see it going around. One thing I would change is the instructions: it is hard to read due to the black background. It was not a good choice as the dark reddish brown and dark bluish gray pieces cannot be seen even in sunlight. I would stay with light blue colour as instructions' background. The other annoying thing is that the loco derails easily in curves which could be eliminated by using some ballast as was the case in the good old 12v era. Last thing is that there is no light for the loco out of the box but I am sure experienced builders can add it. The verdict: it is a must buy for all adult LEGO and Train fans. I like it so much that I plan to purchase another copy.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Crocodile Locomotive
- July 7th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent locomotive --- first in a series I hope!MikeTrainMan | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWhat a wonderful surprise the Crocidile Locomotive was. Lego nailed the design, color palette, brick selection and overall design. Congrats to the designer for a job well-done. The build was challenging for certain, however, most will find that the most challenging aspect is to achieve the perfection as shown with the imagery on the package, in the instructions or the picture found on lego.com. The positioning of the wheels prior to adding the cross bars, for example, differs from side-to-side to achieve a realistic effect. The brown brick selection used as the main color is simply perfect, and changes in appearance depending on the light in the space. I especially appreciate the display track included with this set. I will not operate this locomotive with the optional power functions, I have the set on display on my desk where it will remain. The display track is substantial, detailed and elevates the overall quality of the locomotive itself. Great job, Lego team, on this set. I hope you consider future locomotives and create a bit of a series. I will purchase all of them if you do. With so many locomotives to select from, from around the globe, I'm certain you'll have no trouble growing the series and interest from your global consumer base.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Crocodile Locomotive