Build the Change
What is build the change?
Build the Change is a powerful way for children to express their hopes and dreams for the future with LEGO® bricks and other creative materials, plus their own imagination. And it’s all done via Learning through Play!
We’re on a mission to give children a voice and use their ideas and visions to inspire leaders around the world, so start here and join us…by joining our challenges!
Create something that brings all people together whatever their activities and hobbies. Big smiles all round!
Try the challenges
Try the expanded experience
If you have more time and want to try other challenges, check out the Build the Change expanded experience. Here’s all you need to get started:
- LEGO® bricks and/or other creative materials
- Time – set aside at least 45 minutes
- And a bit of space to get creative in!
Recommended for 7-12 year olds
Inspiration from other builders
- This eco-friendly cabin has several environmentally sustainable features. It has solar panels on the roof, water mill for energy, a roof top garden, rain barrel, butterfly garden, and apple tree.
- Meet the robot that runs on garbage. The dog with the jet-pack flies and collects garbage and puts it in the robot’s garbage bin. The garbage collected goes through the green-gun that reuses objects.
- It can protect itself from climate change with a sun reflective skin and coat. It can also move quickly from one bad place to another to find better relationships and others to have kids with.
- The hose is for sucking ice up from the actis, which is then heated in the brown container, and sucked in by the window, and examined how clean the ice / water is.
- Funkadelic Batman’s flying turtle nest protector. He fly’s around the world and uses his beacon to find nests. His black weapon cools the nest w special cooling fluid (to make more she turtles) and the yellow gun shoots a protective Shield over the nest that releases when the turtles hatch.
- Solar powered Portable iceberg. The wheels propel it through the water and it becomes polar bear homes when their iceberg melts.
How to Build the Change?
Tips to get startedThe ideal age for Build the Change is 7 – 12 years, but don’t let that limit you! Then, just follow these handy tips to get the most from your experience
Even more Build the Change challengesWe know that play is integral to a child’s development and the way they interact with the world. It’s our brain’s favourite way to learn! Find play inspiration and check our theme fact sheets about biodiversity.
Are you an educator?Download our free resource pack for educators. In this 10-session course, students ages 7-12 will learn about biodiversity and climate change, while creating and sharing imaginative solutions to real-world challenges.