- LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender set launches alongside New Land Rover Defender at 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show
- 2,573-piece LEGO model developed with Land Rover to include authentic bodywork and a host of realistic functions
- Features in-line six-cylinder engine, gearbox with high and low ratios, independent suspension, expedition roof rack and working winch
- LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender on sale globally from 1 October 2019
The new LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender is an automotive icon you can build at home.
Developed in partnership with Land Rover and launched alongside the New Defender at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the 2,573-piece model combines the boundless creativity of LEGO with New Defender’s instantly recognisable silhouette and unrivalled capability.
The LEGO Technic vehicle echoes New Defender with a host of realistic elements and functions, including authentic body panels and rims, four-wheel drive with three differentials, fully independent suspension, a working winch and LEGO Technic’s most sophisticated gearbox yet – all designed to provide an engrossing and rewarding building experience for car lovers and LEGO fans alike.
Niels Henrik Horsted, Marketing Director at the LEGO Group, said: “With every LEGO element, children can build anything they can imagine. I’m very excited about this new model – a truly impressive job done by our LEGO designers. Together with Land Rover, we’ve blended elements, design and innovative engineering into a set that shows the boundless creativity of LEGO play, and that with LEGO Technic you can build for real.”
Joe Sinclair, Director of Branded Goods and Licensing at Jaguar Land Rover, said: “The Land Rover Defender and LEGO brand are both iconic across the world, and the launch of New Defender felt like the perfect time to bring them together. The level of detail and engineering that has gone into creating this LEGO model perfectly reflects the work of our own designers and engineers who have been so dedicated to bringing a motoring icon back for the 21st century.”
Opening doors allow access to the model’s elaborate cabin with its working steering wheel and detailed dashboard. A new transmission system has two levers for engaging high or low ratios and a selector for changing gear – LEGO Technic’s most sophisticated gearbox yet.
You can also fold the rear seat forward to view the four-speed sequential gearbox, lift the bonnet to view the in-line six-cylinder engine with moving pistons and turn the rear-mounted spare wheel to open the rear door.
Reflecting the action-fuelled accessories available for the full-size New Defender, the model is finished with a working winch, removable roof rack with storage box, pannier, ladder and traction mats.
The LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender set will be available globally from 1 October 2019.
About the LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender
- The LEGO Technic Land Rover Defender measures over 8in (22cm) high, 16in (42cm) long and 7in (20cm) wide, and includes 2,573 pieces
- The set comes in olive green, grey and black colour scheme.
- It includes a collection of authentic stickers.
- Available globally on 1 October
- Price: 199.99 USD, 179.99 EUR, 159.99 GBP
- Age 11+
About Land Rover
Since 1948 Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that represent true ‘breadth of capability’ across the model range. Defender, Discovery, Discovery Sport, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover Velar and Range Rover Evoque each define the world’s SUV sectors, with 80 per cent of this model range exported to over 100 countries.