Travel back to the 1980s with this LEGO® Technic™ Off-Road Buggy (42124) – it’s fun for all ages from 10 and up. After creating the model, bring it to life using the free CONTROL+ app. The buggy is angled at the front to give stability when jumping and performing tricks, just like classic RC toy cars. With front and back suspension (a first for LEGO Technic), plus huge tires, an opening hood, antenna and retro stickers, this car is packed with attitude.
Unleash epic stunts with the app
Download the free CONTROL+ app to really put this Off-Road Buggy car to the test. Use the app to drive forwards and backwards, steer and perform stunts. With different controls, sound effects, challenges, achievements and more, there’s so much to explore.
A rewarding build
LEGO Technic sets feature realistic movement and mechanisms that introduce LEGO builders to the universe of engineering in an approachable and realistic way.
- Unleash hours of fun with the LEGO® Off-Road Buggy (42124) building kit. This RC Off-Road Buggy car is packed with features inspired by the original 1980s RC toy cars.
- Amazing tricks are easy to perform thanks to the car’s front and rear suspension, massive tires and angled front.
- Download the free CONTROL+ app to add a new dimension to this remote-control buggy. Use the app to control the car, perform stunts and unlock challenges, sound effects and more.
- This Off-Road Buggy is an awesome gift for kids aged 10 and up. Adults who remember the classic 1980s RC toy cars will love it too, making it a fun experience for all generations to enjoy together.
- Check out the retro color scheme, complete with 1980s-inspired sticker details.
- The RC Off-Road Buggy model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high to roof, 7.5 in. (19 cm) high including antenna, 11 in. (28 cm) long and 6.5 in. (16 cm) wide.
- To enjoy all the features of this app-controlled toy you'll need to add 6 x LR6/AA batteries (not included).
- The LEGO® Technic™ universe offers advanced building toys for LEGO fans who are ready for their next building challenge.
- LEGO® Technic™ components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it's been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® Technic™ components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet stringent global safety standards.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- January 15th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0What a great product!KingEye |I would recommend this to a friend!It’s scary at first because of all the parts but honestly the instructions are so easy to follow that it makes everything so easy to build. My son and I built it together and it was neat watching him build this with me. He was so excited when we finished and hasn’t put it away since! It’s a great bang for your buck! My son has been playing with it all over the house and even took it outside and let me tell you, it’s very sturdy!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Off-Road Buggy
- January 9th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Awsome carKris86 |I would recommend this to a friend!I got this for my son for Christmas he was very excited. It took us about 3 hrs to put together so being a 10 year old he got very impatient. There was alot of tiny pieces and the directions were somewhat easy for me to understand but for my 10 year old son it was kind of difficult for him to understand. I did have to put most of it together. The pieces did snapp together very easy and if you put the wrong piece on it was easy to unsnap and fix it. It was very easy to set up once you got it put together. You just download the app and turn the Bluetooth on and let it sync. It is hard to steer its very touchy. It is neat cause it tells you the speed and the incline which makes it very neat. If you hit the car off somthing though the piece the holds the wheel on likes to keep popping off so this is a car that you have to be very gentle with. Other than that my son loves it.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Off-Road Buggy
- January 23rd, 2021Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Consider why you buy itJumbles | 45-54Purchased for: SelfAs a lego purchase, is has very few parts for a $200 model. Though thats due to the expensive motors. Its pretty quick and simple to build. I made the whole thing while my kids watched Despicable Me 3. Fun and not too time consuming. As an RC car, my son's 4 RC cars were faster and they cost about $40 each. They dont have suspension, though you could argue the lego model's is almost academic as the spring are super stiff, if the springs did move, the, impact would be enough to pull the car apart. The mobile controls are horrible, as many people have stated. Apparently there are instructions on youTube to program something better, just haven't got there yet. As a lego model that has RC functions, its great except for the app, which could, hopefully be fixed by lego. As an RC car, its slow, stiff and looks like the old Tamiya cars of the 80s, though this doesn't like grass or loose dirt and simply wont move on it. I've added a photo of it with bigger wheels, which make it faster and more versatile, though you ideally need to extend the axel with other parts. Would I recommend this?? Not Yet A huge amount of potential here, just not quite there yet. Maybe wait a bit until they fix the app, because its the single biggest downside to this model and if the app was better, this would definitely get thumbs up.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Off-Road Buggy
- January 4th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Solid model, less than great controlsDmk57 | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe buggy itself is a nice kit. The build, while not complicated, was fun, and the resulting car was solid. Although I do think it's a bit pricey given the brick count. I also like how fast it moves. For an indoor RC toy it's moves at a nice clip. Unfortunately the controls are not great. The single joystick controlling both speed and direction make it difficult to control given how fast it moves. I understand Lego was going for a bit of a retro feel with this kit, but any older RC vehicle I used always had separate speed and steering controls. I echo other reviewers who hope a software update will include a second controller option.13 January 2021Jon, Customer ServiceHi there. If you're having trouble with the controls for this model we would suggest making smaller, more precise movements with the virtual joystick to help maneuver the buggy, especially when at speed!Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Off-Road Buggy