App-Controlled Top Gear Rally CarPowered UP
Back orders accepted, will be shipped by 25 June 2021
Know a race car fan who would love to drive like the Stig from TV’s BBC Top Gear? Let them put their skills to the test with this awesome LEGO® Technic™ (42109) App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car. First, they can have fun building the rally car toy, discovering all the elements that make this Rally Car model work. Then the adrenaline builds as they try out cool moves – all using the LEGO Technic CONTROL+ App. Powered by a smart hub, the app allows super-precise movement, giving endless play combinations with authentic sound effects. Choose from different control screens to drive forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake and tackle obstacles. They will also get real-time feedback, including a speed and tilt log and can test out their skills in the app’s racing challenges section. There’s inspirational content and videos to discover in the app too! LEGO Technic sets bring an advanced building challenge for kids and adults who love to learn new engineering skills.
- Let race car fans take on a driving challenge with this LEGO® Technic™ app-controlled Top Gear Rally Car (42109). It’s operated via a smart device with 3 screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for compatible devices.
- This toy rally car model is controlled via the LEGO® Technic™ CONTROL+ app and powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 1 XL motor and 1 L motor for a more immersive play experience, authentic movements and hours of fun.
- Build the car. Download the app. Get ready for action. With multi-function control, drivers can go forward, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake, or play sound effects and get real-time feedback!
- Looking for Top Gear gifts or LEGO® gifts? Racing fans aged 9+ will love this toy building set.
- At over 10” (26cm) long, 3” (10cm) high and 5” (14cm) wide, this motorised toy car is the perfect size for driving or for display. Please note: this set is not compatible with LEGO® Power Functions systems.
- Building can start without batteries but to enjoy the full power of digital play with the app controls, you’ll need to pop 6 x AA 1.5V batteries into the Smart Hub.
- Getting started with this app-controlled toy is super-fast as full, easy-to-follow instructions are included in the box.
- LEGO® Technic™ plastic model kits are thoroughly tested to make sure every one of these unique toys meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- March 26th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Front tires rub fendersI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfSo 130 dollars is just to the point of being a little on the steep side. But i was pleased with this fun little build. It has a very interesting differential. This is probably the sturdiest lego technic car released. I see people complain about the speed but i think it goes fast enough. You just hold the app "accelerator" and it will take off. Now my only complaint is the front tires rub against the fender when you have the full and half bush on the exle. I solved this problem by just removing the yellow half bushing and now the front tires will miss the fenders by millimeters.27 March 2020Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. Sounds like something might be just a bit out of place. The best thing to do is double-check your build. Sometimes there may be a piece just a little off from where it should be, which can cause things to not line up as they should. You’ll also want to make sure that all the pieces are pressed tightly together (except gears, which need some room to turn). If you'd like a hand troubleshooting the build, give us a shout at LEGO.build/Service-BV.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- March 9th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Great little buildPurchased for: DaughterGreat little car for the price and really looks the part . But when played with the fun soon stops as the sounds off the app are great and make it sound fast and fun .. which it isn’t .. it’s far too slow exactly the same as the 4X4 we bought very slow will look at changing the gearing to get more speed out of the motor.. but please lego let’s get the kids into lego as it’s your future customers .. so please next time speed them up on new releases.. if you want to try out a new product send it along we will willingly try it out before it goes on sale .. as a 9 year old is very honest lol ..Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- January 15th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Tonight.. I build a rally car!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs I would've never purchased this set for the RRP, I luckily got it as a birthday present. The building of the car is actually really exciting and sports a few techniques amd features I have never seen before. Connection with a mobile device is really easy, I cannot wait to actually take the car outdoors to see what is it capable of as space indoors is quite limited for me. I think the price could have been a bit lower and I understand those who refuse to buy the set because of it. BUT I always try to compare this £25-30 to a few pints or a pizza dinner that disappears really quickly.. So what are you waiting for..? Order the set! :-)Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car
- February 21st, 2021Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0It's middle of the road.I received this as a gift for my birthday and had a good enough time building it. I was shocked it needed 6 AA batteries to use but thats minor as I enjoyed playing with it but not enough to permanently devote all those batteries to it full time. My personal beef with it is the high price for the small amount of pieces the set contains and ease of the build. While i'm grateful for the set, I personally would have recommended spending the money on a different set.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 3 hrs 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35App-Controlled Top Gear Rally Car