Looking for a fun toy or gift for boys and girls who love Monster Jam® trucks? The LEGO® Technic™ Monster Jam Grave Digger® 42118 pull-back truck is packed with features that kids will love. Authentic touches include Grave Digger graphics with ghost and fire details, plus huge tires, a movable flag and red headlights. See the exciting world of Monster Jam come to life as kids recreate the epic stunts of one of the most famous and iconic monster trucks of all time.
Awesome 2-in-1 toy
Time for a new challenge? Great news! The Grave Digger model rebuilds into an off-road buggy for even more building fun. Check out the free LEGO Building Instructions app to find Instructions PLUS. This interactive guide includes zoom and rotate tools to help kids get building.
Inspiring the next generation of engineers
With vehicles that look and function like the real thing, the LEGO Technic universe offers a great introduction to engineering and mechanics for young LEGO fans.
- Let monster truck fans recreate favorite stunts with the LEGO® Technic™ Monster Jam® Grave Digger®(42118) building kit. Authentic features include huge tires, sticker details and more.
- Twice the fun! The monster truck toy rebuilds into an off-road buggy so kids can enjoy 2 building challenges and heaps of vehicle role-play action.
- With a pull-back motor, the monster truck and off-road buggy speed along easily, just like the real-life vehicles.
- Looking for the best gifts for kids who love monster truck toys? This set is ideal for kids aged 7 and up who love Monster Jam® shows or awesome toy vehicles.
- Cool features include the bendable flag which moves up and down and red headlights, just like on the real Grave Digger® truck.
- This Monster Jam® toy measures over 4 in. (11 cm) high, 9.5 in. (24 cm) long (with flag) and 4 in. (11 cm) wide.
- Instructions for the Grave Digger® model are included. You'll also find digital Instructions PLUS in the free LEGO® Building Instructions app. Instructions for the off-road buggy are available online.
- The LEGO® Technic™ universe offers advanced buildable models for young LEGO fans ready for their next building challenge.
- LEGO® Technic™ components meet stringent industry standards to ensure they are consistent, compatible and connect reliably every time – it's been that way since 1958.
- LEGO® Technic™ components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure they meet stringent global safety standards.
- January 3rd, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0MONSTER Action "Jam"med Into $20LEGOAviator | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was excited to see monster trucks listed in the early leaks of 2021 sets. When pictures and price points were released I grew a little skeptical. At the time, I wished they were bigger, more towards the new Jeep Wrangler or McLaren Senna size. But they're both great! Price is perfect for kids (and adults), and the size is perfect for the price. Build time was about an hour for me. I'd expect an hour to an hour and a half for children to build. About 10 or so stickers come in the pack but they're all relatively big stickers. Build is solid and ready for lots of rough play as a monster truck would receive. Pull back function is a fun plus and goes great with some makeshift ramps. All in all, these are perfect little sets and hope to see a continued line of 12 or so different trucks to collect.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Monster Jam® Grave Digger®
- April 14th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Technic, you have a new followerTrun | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfLike many people, Lego has been a part of my life since I was a little kid. It had been a long time since I had built any, and the Technic line didn't exist when I was an active builder. I was a little intimidated by it! My first build honestly felt really difficult despite being a small kit, mostly because I didn't know the pieces and expected bricks XD. This was my second Technic build, and I feel so much better about it now. It prompted a third (the skid loader which is really fun) and I'm now eyeballing the excavator, because I love construction equipment and big vehicles. You don't get much bigger than monster trucks! Not in terms of personality and fun factor, at least. I grew up with Bigfoot and Grave Digger on TV and remember them fondly. My partner and I purchased a monster truck each, and we now race them on the sidewalk outside or in the hall of our apartment. The pull-back action on these is fantastic -- you don't get a short pull and then the clicking of it being fully wound. You can give it a really long pull, and the speed and distance it goes is truly impressive! It makes for easy stunts and lots of fun with obstacles like loosely stacked lego/wooden brick walls or sticks and rocks to roll over, and of course it's perfect for ramps. We usually hit the end of the hall before they stop. Honestly, our biggest concern on the sidewalk is losing one into traffic, as it's a really high traffic area and they could easily zoom right across the street, even with parking spots on both sides! We have a ball hockey net up to prevent tragic accidents. I'd love to play with these with my nephew, but our city's been in lockdown for over a year now. We've sent him videos though. He says he doesn't like building the technic kits, but this one interests him, mostly for the finished product. (He's 10, started Lego at 5 or so). My cat is terrified of it. Our dog REALLY wants to chase it and eat it. Since Lego doesn't come in Barium colour, we're not big on the idea. I would actually recommend this kit over the smaller Technic kits! The price point is still good, it's not a long build (I put 2hrs as I listen to audio books while I build so am slower, plus I don't organize the pieces because ADHD brain says it's more fun to hunt for every single one, sigh), but a really satisfying one with a nice big monster truck to show for it. Displays really well on shelves, but thanks to the heavy fenders it also holds up to plenty of crashes into walls, other trucks, flips off ramps, cats, etc. I expect they'll get battered a bit, but they protect the rest of the truck. I added tail lights for safety.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Monster Jam® Grave Digger®
- January 24th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Awesome toyTheresak |I would recommend this to a friend!My son loves monster jam. And just him building this monster truck was absolutely enjoyable. It took us awhile but we got it done and now he put it on his collection shelf with all his other collectibles!!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Monster Jam® Grave Digger®
- January 6th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Cool Lego BuildI would recommend this to a friend!Even though this took an hour and a half to put together, which was expected upon opening, it was super fun to do with my kids and the end product turned out amazing! My son loves it so much and it actually pulls back and rolls on its own forward. It’s pretty neat!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Monster Jam® Grave Digger®