The LEGO® DUPLO® 10874 Steam Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a train station, coal tipper, 2 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and a simple toy train track included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes train driver and child LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a squirrel figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, passenger carriage, 5 color-coded action bricks, train station, coal tipper, tree and 16 pieces of track.
- Accessory elements include a refueling can, suitcase, bread and a spade.
- Any toddler can start the steam train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place and move the 5 colored action bricks around the track so the train follows their instructions to sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Develop imagination and early role-play skills using the LEGO® DUPLO® figures to create endless journeys and adventures.
- Extend the play possibilities of this LEGO® DUPLO® set by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10875 Cargo Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Steam train with passenger car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Station measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- December 31st, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great App Integrationdtrev |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonSanta gave my 18mo this for Christmas. It is simple to set up and use. We bought it so that our older son could play together with youngest. Works perfectly for that. Making the set is easy, i’d recommend getting extra sets so there’s more track. App Set up is easy and straightforward and worked straight away on our Apple devices (IoS 12) Youngest loves the push and go so no app needed. Our 4yo loves the app and the extra interactive games. We had a lot of old style black track from years ago, it works perfectly with that. Ths only issue is the old style bridge doesn’t have enough grip. This was fixed with a thin wipe of PVA of the track surface! We now have a hump back bridge!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Steam Train
- September 22nd, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Love the new trains, both Duplo and Powered Up!I would recommend this to a friend!This train is cute as a button, and the action bricks are a brilliant feature. I'm looking forward to using this as part of an upcoming LEGO library Display & Play Event. The modest price makes it a great way to get started with Duplo trains, or even use it as an expansion pack with other train sets. My only reservation is the design of the battery compartment. It took several tries to get the batteries all seated properly and the lid closed without one of the batteries popping loose again. Once everything was in place, though, I had *no* problem with the amount of power available in the engine, and it is a pleasure to operate!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Steam Train
- November 25th, 2018Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Frustrating locomotive and incompatible tracksPurchased for: SonThe electric locomotive does not move easily without the batteries. This product is labelled as for 2-5 year age category. Although our 2-year old loves pushing trains along tracks, he doesn’t yet understand the electronics. It is not a nice experience for him without batteries and with them he gets frustrated at the (in his perception) random start /stop behaviour of the train. As a parent, it is also very frustrating that the train tracks (in particular the bridge in a separate set) are not compatible with ‘my first number train’ or some other trains and vehicles currently available. In my opinion it was a mistake to phase out the locomotive without electronics.27 November 2018Keith, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I’m sorry to hear that this LEGO® DUPLO® Steam Train wasn’t the right fit for your son. We always value our fans’ feedback and will take it into consideration when designing future sets. This set is intended to be an introduction to battery-powered trains for young children. We designed a simple mechanism where pushing the train in a direction will cause it start moving that way on its own. This is intuitive for young builders, who are naturally inclined to try pushing the train. This design decision means that the set is only intended for use when powered; we offer other sets like the DUPLO Number Train for traditional play. The Number Train itself not compatible with DUPLO tracks because it is meant for an audience of builders as young as 18 months. We’ve found that these builders don’t like to be limited to a track, so we designed the train to move smoothly on flat surfaces instead.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 5 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Steam Train
- September 3rd, 2018Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Not Strong Enough MotorI bought this together with the Train Bridge and Tracks (10872) and the engine with an empty car can't make it to the top of the bridge 30%-40% of the time. When using the app, the motor is noticeably weaker and stops 90% of the time before reaching the bridges's top. The tracks+bridge were setup on a flat, solid surface. Fresh AAA Energizer batteries were used. This is just nitpicking on an otherwise amazing set.
Response from LEGO SHOP3 September 2018Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience. Our Customer Service team would be happy to troubleshoot the train with you. You can get in touch at LEGO.com/Service.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Build Time: 20 minsWas this helpful?35Steam Train