Explore state-of-the-art engineering and design with the LEGO® Technic 42078 Mack Anthem truck. Developed in partnership with Mack® Trucks Inc., this authentic replica model comes with an array of realistic technical details and functions, including front-axle steering, rear wheel drive and a 6 cylinder straight engine with working pistons and spinning radiator fan. The detachable trailer has extendable outriggers, working landing legs, synchronized crane arms with side loading capability, and a loadable container with lockable doors, while the accessible driver’s cab has opening doors, adjustable seats, detailed dashboard, steering wheel, sun visors and a bunk bed. This 2-in-1 advanced builder set also features a Mack bulldog hood ornament, and can be rebuilt into a detailed replica of the iconic Mack LR garbage truck.
- Features authentically designed bodywork, front-axle steering, rear wheel drive, 6 cylinder straight engine with moving pistons and spinning radiator fan, detailed driver’s cab with opening doors, adjustable seats, steering wheel, dashboard, sun visors and a bunk bed, and adjustable wing mirrors.
- Also features a detachable trailer with extendable outriggers, landing legs, synchronized crane arms and a container with lockable doors.
- Includes special decorated elements and manufacturer´s logo, plus an iconic Mack® bulldog hood ornament and a collection of authentic stickers.
- Check out the authentic gray, black, white and green color scheme.
- Steer the truck into position, lower the landing legs, extend the outriggers and operate the synchronized crane arms to side-load the container onto the trailer.
- Lift the hood to reveal a detailed 6 cylinder straight engine with moving pistons and spinning radiator fan.
- Open the side panels to access the fuel tanks.
- This LEGO® Technic advanced building set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set includes over 2,590 pieces and is suitable for ages 11-16.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a replica of the iconic Mack LR garbage truck.
- Building instructions for the Mack LR garbage truck are available at LEGO.com/technic.
- Mack Anthem truck and trailer with crane boom and landing legs extended measures over 10” (27cm) high, 32” (83cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide, and over 8” (22cm) high and 5” (15cm) wide with the crane boom and landing legs retracted.
- Mack LR measures over 7” (19cm) high, 22” (58cm) long and 6” (17cm) wide with forks and container lowered, and over 12” (33cm) high with forks and container raised.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over $199!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 180 days of receipt of your order.
- January 1st, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Excellent 2018 additionMarvinBrickLayer | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt was cool to see this offering for 2018, a big fan of technic trucks. I also have the Acros Truck too and it would be good to compare the two The build was straight forward but it took some time. The most intense part was building the cab, there were a lot of small parts for it construction. Comparing it against the Acros, there are two main differences, one is the control of the vehicle. The Mack control system is more stable than the Acros, where the Acros system gives you the feel it was going to break based on the tension being applied. the accessibility to the engine is relativity the same as the Acros. I was initially disappointed with the engine in the Mack, using standard pieces to build the cylinders rather than the engine mimics as in other products. But after building it I was quite happy with the turnout, gives you a nice clicking sound and is the right size. I find the hitch to be strong in the Mack, the Acros kept falling off during the drive. What I do not understand is the insertion of the bed in the cab with no easy access to use it. The mechanisms for the cargo hold is nice, I think it was best not to include the motors, the movement is overall very strong and stable through the whole process. While I like the pumps and motors, the can complicate the design For playing, I find the engine hood to be sensitive with part easily falling off. As with Acros, I have some parts missing. now on to the garbage truck... :-)Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mack Anthem
- April 7th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0I love the steering wheelSparkyKen | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfEveryone who has seen this has taken it off the shelf and played with it, it looks outstanding! The hardest part of the build is the fourth set of bags, I spent about four and a half hours on it. My favorite part of this is thae way the steering wheel tilts and turns as the steering on the rear of the truck is turned. The hood tilts up showing the engine which is not the usual V engine, it is a nice look. My only real complaints are that the antennae on the doors come off easily as does the front of the truck. I can't let most people play with it as they are not going to be careful with it. Also the cranes have a problem lifting the cargo container, maybe I am not doing it right, but the cargo box with the chains almost tips the truck over when taking the container off of the truck. As stated before it looks amazing, the features are cool. The steering and the engine are a welcome change. Whoever designed this it looks great and the steering is cool to play with. The engine is nice to look at. The outriggers and winches are not ideal for me. All in all, I love this for display.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 9 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mack Anthem
- January 7th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The Garbage Man CanMasterBuilder84 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs the title implies, I bought this set solely for the front-loading garbage truck model. For being a 2-in-1 set, I was very impressed. A few corners were cut to keep the piece count reasonable. But as it stands, you will have a lot of pieces left over if you build the garbage truck model. Based on the stickers/instructions, it’s obvious the Mack Anthem is the star of the show, as the Mack LR (garbage truck) instructions a) are only available online, and b) instruct you to put a few stickers on that really aren’t applicable to a garbage truck. Word of advice to other future garbage truck builders: Do not bother trying to open the pieces in the order the bags are numbered. The numbers apply to the Anthem model only. Parts you need early on will be spread among all the bags. Save yourself time and headache and open all the bags from the get-go. I was impressed with how sturdy the truck is, even just the chassis. Other large Technic vehicles, like the Mercedes Arocs, seem to have a bit more flex to them. I was also impressed on how smooth the compactor/ejector operates, as well as the fact that it slides the whole length of the hopper. It would be nice if controls for the compactor/ejector would have been provided on both sides of the truck, as are provided for the lifting arms. I also would have liked different gearing for the lifting arms, as the linear actuators are quite slow to operate. I think pneumatics would have been better, but would have been much messier in design, with all the necessary hoses. The locking control for the lifting forks is nice, but unfortunately prevents the forks from being able to fold up all the way, like they would on a real truck. I did make a design that would allow the forks to fold more, but unfortunately, does not lock the forks into place (the locking is needed to keep the dumpster from flopping-over when the arms are emptying the dumpster into the truck). While I prefer the traditional Lego Technic piston engine, the 6-cylinder design for this set is an ingenious compromise, given the limited amount of space. An interesting piece was used for the engine fan. It feels kinda flimsy and looks a little odd, but is nearly completely hidden once the cab is fully-assembled. It would have been nice if the cab would have had operable doors, but there’s already a lot of moving functions, in addition to limited space. I was pleasantly surprised at the smaller details included on the truck: - Dual [non-functioning] steering wheels in the cab (not sure why they have two different logos in the center of the wheel) - Realistic bulldog "brick" - Spot lights on the sides of the truck - Lots of warning/taillights on the rear tailgate. - Highly detailed exhaust system I do wish the garbage truck would have had a few more model-specific stickers, like some of the standard warning placards found on the rear of most real garbage trucks. The dumpster is a little disappointing, as it’s a miss-match of extra pieces. IMO, it looks better if you leave the stickers off. I did make one small improvement. For the hatch door on the roof, I used a few of the extra pieces to help close some of the gaps in the original design. I did also have to swap out a couple of the pieces from the dumpster (the guides that the lifting arm forks slide into) in order to make the colors match on the roof of the truck (see photos). Criticisms aside, it’s a great value for the money, and a great addition to any Technic truck collection.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mack Anthem
- February 24th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Mack Anthem 42078Elwood | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfJust building Legos as a hobby this was one of my first Technic sets i have built i think its very detailed on the truck part, I’m a fan of simi trucks this one looks great and is fun to build a little high priced but over all it's worth it would recommend to truck fans. I am now on my third set it was that much fun to build. The only recommendation i have to Lego is for there next set is to have the truck full R.C. with a light set that would be stunning.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 30+ daysBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mack Anthem