In the LEGO® Hidden Side universe, physical and digital worlds merge to provide an incredible single or multiplayer augmented reality (AR) experience. This Newbury Abandoned Prison (70435) playset combines the open creative play of LEGO building toys with an app so that interaction with the model triggers events in the digital world.
Cool interactive building toy for kids
Scan the digitally interactive Newbury Abandoned Prison model with a smart device, equipped with the free Hidden Side ARapp, to reveal an amazing digital world. Here, kids can explore and solve mysteries, hunt ghosts and battle boss ghost Bart Chaney. Kids can also transform the model to ‘possessed mode’ and enjoy hands-on LEGO play with the 3 minifigures and 2 dog figures.
The LEGO Hidden Side universe is set in the fictional town of Newbury, where ghosts haunt people and buildings. The augmented reality play experience is constantly enhanced through new content, ghosts and special events.
- Children aged 7 and up can enjoy an immersive, single or multiplayer, augmented reality (AR) experience with this LEGO® Newbury Abandoned Prison playset, which cleverly combines physical and digital LEGO play.
- This augmented reality (AR) playset includes a digitally interactive Hidden Side prison model with ‘possessed mode' function, plus Jack, Rami, El Fuego, Nate Lockem minifigures and Spencer and Maximus dog figures.
- The Newbury Abandoned Prison model reveals an amazing digital worldwhen viewed through a smart device equipped with the Hidden Side AR app. Kids can then hunt ghosts, solve mysteries and battle boss ghost Bart Chaney.
- Looking for an ideal birthday or any-other-day gift for kids aged 7 and up? This LEGO® Hidden Side augmented reality toy makes a great gift for LEGO building fans and kids who love virtual reality and video games.
- When built, the multifunctional LEGO® Hidden Side Newbury Abandoned Prison (70435) model measures over 7" (19cm) high, 11" (30cm) wide and 5" (15cm) deep.
- Battery-free building toy. The Hidden Side AR app is compatible with selected iOS and Android devices. Please check compatibility at www.LEGO.com/devicecheck. Children should ask parents' permission before going online.
- Getting started with this LEGO® Hidden Side augmented reality building kit is child's play. You'll find easy-to-follow building instructions in the box and online. Just tear open the brick bags and let the fun begin!
- The LEGO® Hidden Side universe is set in the fictional town of Newbury, where ghosts haunt people and buildings. The augmented reality play experience is constantly enhanced through new content, ghosts and events.
- LEGO® Hidden Side AR toys meet the highest industry standards and quality criteria to ensure that the LEGO bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and continue to connect and pull apart easily – every time.
- At the LEGO Group, we drop, heat, crush, twist and analyze our building bricks and pieces to make sure every playset meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- August 31st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Combines physical play with virtual playI would recommend this to a friend!I got the Newbury Abandoned Prison Lego set for my grandson. He loves all kinds of Lego sets & plays with them almost every day. This set is another addition to the Hidden Side theme. The set comes with 400 pieces that have a lot of detail, 4 characters & 2 dogs. This set combines the physical building of the set with virtual play once the Augmented Reality app has been downloaded to a compatible device. My grandson really had a lot of fun building the set. He took his time to make sure he got every piece in its proper place (he’s a bit of a perfectionist!). He played with this for several days before he tried to play the virtual game. He’s young so his phone was not compatible for the download but his Mom downloaded it to her phone & can now use that as a way to “persuade” him to get chores, homework, etc. completed so that he can play the virtual game. He loves this set & says that he highly recommends it to anyone who loves Lego!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55Newbury Abandoned Prison
- September 3rd, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Newbury Abandoned PrisonScottM |I would recommend this to a friend!The Newbury Abandoned Prison LEGO set was one of the more challenging sets to put together because there is so many pieces. It comes with 3 bags of pieces to put together. The directions are easy to follow on some parts but some others you need to look at the photo closely to see where they go. It took me about two hours to complete put the Newbury Abandoned Prison LEGO set together. Once put together you can switch between two sets the regular scene then a “haunted” scene. So it’s like two sets in one. The little dogs included in the set don’t connect that great to the LEGO base and the cells are small to fit fingers in to connect the characters to the base. Other then those very minor things the set is very nicely made. My child has had many hours playing with it and switching between the two scenes. I do recommend to keep the direction booklet Incase pieces get moved or come off.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Was this helpful?45Newbury Abandoned Prison
- September 8th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0So much funI would recommend this to a friend!The Lego Newbury Abandoned Prison set is hours of fun. My 11 year old daughter spends hours playing with this set and when she wants more of a game experience then she has the app dowloaded on her iPad that she can battle ghosts and have more of a video game experience. The set was not too difficult to assemble and the app was easy to setup. The inplay instructions are easy to follow. The addition of the game experience is a great addition to an already fun Lego set.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Newbury Abandoned Prison
- September 9th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Really a lot of funI would recommend this to a friend!So I put this together with my son who is a HUGE Lego fan and besides just a little helping, he was able to put it all together himself! He really loved that it was almost two sets in one. He liked that it was "normal" and then turned haunted. When he was done playing with the set by himself, he would then turn to the app and get even more enjoyment out of it. He says that his favorite piece out of it was the dog. It was different then anything he had seen before.Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55Newbury Abandoned Prison