Fans of virtual reality and video games love the amazing LEGO® Hidden Side universe, where physical and digital worlds meet to provide an incredible, single or multiplayer augmented reality (AR) play experience. This LEGO Hidden Side Mystery Castle (70437) playset combines a buildable LEGO model with an app, so interaction with the model triggers events in a digital world.
Digitally interactive ghost-hunting toy
The mystery castle springs to life when viewed through a smart device with the LEGO Hidden Side AR app. Children then get to explore, solve mysteries, hunt ghosts and battle boss ghost The Maw in an exciting digital world. The possessed castle model also folds out, setting the scene for action-packed role play with the Jack, Parker, Vaughn, Nehmaar Reem and 2 Shadow-Walker minifigures.
An ever-evolving digital play experience
The LEGO Hidden Side universe is set in the fictional town of Newbury, where ghosts haunt people and buildings. The AR play experience is constantly enhanced through new content, characters and special events.
- This LEGO® Hidden Side building kit combines the open creative play of LEGO building toys with digital play for an immersive single or multiplayer augmented reality (AR) experience. Perfect for kids aged 9 and up.
- What’s in the box? A digitally interactive LEGO® Hidden Side castle model with lots of manual features including an accessible observatory tower, plus Jack, Parker, Vaughn, Nehmaar Reem and 2 Shadow-Walker minifigures.
- The mystery castle model comes to life when viewed througha smart device equipped with the free LEGO® Hidden Side AR app. Kids then get to solve mysteries, find items and hunt ghosts in a haunted digital world.
- Looking for an ideal birthday or any-other-day gift for kids aged 9 and up? This action-packed LEGO® Hidden Side playset is a great gift idea for LEGO builders and fans of virtual reality and video games.
- When built, this LEGO® Hidden Side Mystery Castle (70437) augmented reality playset measures over 13" (34cm) high, 12" (31cm) wide and 10" (27cm) deep.
- Battery-free building toy. The Hidden Side AR app is compatible with selected iOS and Android devices. Please check compatibility at www.LEGO.com/devicecheck. Children should ask parents' permission before going online.
- Getting started with this LEGO® Hidden Side augmented reality toy is child's play. You'll find easy-to-follow instructions in the box and online – so simply tear open the LEGO brick bags and let the fun begin!
- The LEGO® Hidden Side universe is set in thefictional town of Newbury, where ghosts haunt people and buildings. The augmented reality play experience is constantly enhanced through new content, ghosts and events.
- LEGO® Hidden Side toy construction sets meet the highest industry standards and quality criteria to ensure that the bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and continue to connect and pull apart easily every time.
- At the LEGO Group, we drop, heat, crush, twist and analyze our building bricks and pieces to ensure that every LEGO® Hidden Side playset meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- Free standard 6-7 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $750!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 60 days of receipt of your order.
- September 30th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun family activityJuliet35 |I would recommend this to a friend!Legos are a favorite past time at my house. From picking our next set, to working as a team to build it. My kids are always excited when we complete our LEGO set. What makes this Mystery Castle even funnier is the interactive ability with a mobile device. With larger sets like this one, it takes us at least three days to build. My kids do most of the building and I help with the hard parts. For most of the build my 10 and 8 year old could snap the pieces together, an adult had to assist a couple of times. I really appreciate how the bags are labeled with numbers and that it’s broken up into separate stages. At the end of every bag you always have spare pieces, which is a great idea, incase one of the smaller pieces gets misplaced. I’m always impressed with the instructions. This set was larger and the booklet was easy to follow. Both my kids love being able to read the easy step by step pages. Having detailed pictures is great! My children not only enjoyed building this castle, but also bringing it to life. We used the app on my phone to scan the build with the camera. It’s super neat how you can fight ghosts and see them flying around on your device. It’s an easy game and makes legos even more fun. You do need a newer device to play, so an older phone or tablet won’t work. I have an iPhone 7 which can play the interactive game. My kids and I are looking forward to more LEGO Hidden Side builds and can’t wait to put together our next set.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55Mystery Castle
- October 1st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Lots of funI would recommend this to a friend!The Lego Hidden Side Mystery Castle was so much fun to build. My daughter spent the whole day off and on building the castle. The instructions are detailed and the pieces are split up into separate packaging to make it easier to organize and build. This was a great indoor activity to keep kids busy and at the same time learning about how structures work. As I've come to expect from Lego, the pieces all fit perfectly and there were some extras of the smaller pieces just in case they got misplaced. Building it was not too challenging especially for a teen, but may be a little more challenging for kids under 10. However, that being said, it's a great activity that teaches a lot about building in general. Another thing I liked was the details in the set. From the miniature piano to the "stained glass" windows and moving parts within the set, there were so many details that made this set worth every penny. My absolute favorite part about the castle though was the innovative technology that was built in. I love that there was an app to download after you build the set and you can actually play games and "catch ghosts" virtually. So not only does it give kids something to do while they build, but becomes a long term activity as well. What's also great is that this isn't just limited to kids; it's a great model to build for anyone and looks great as a show piece in the home as well. I am so very impressed with the Mystery Castle and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an activity that is fun, innovative and imaginative.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Mystery Castle
- September 23rd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Good, but could be better.xXAlucardXx | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI do enjoy this set, but it could be a little more detailed like the high school set. Make no mistake, it's a good addition to my collection. I just don't think it's worth $100. I can't wait to get the rest of the new line though.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 8 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mystery Castle
- June 9th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great CastleBraders | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy 10 year old son absolutely loves this set..a great build and brilliant to play with. 5 stars Highly recommended.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Mystery Castle