Kids who love the sea and its wildlife will love this LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Base (60265) playset. There’s lots of fun to be had exploring the coral-covered ocean or chilling out inside the base with its interchangeable living and research modules. And with a cool toy crane, docking submarine and underwater drone, plus shark and stingray figures and a 5 strong team of explorer minifigures, there's plenty of excitement for kids to discover!
An immersive building experience
You'll find easy to follow building instructions for this 5+ LEGO® City toy in the box. Or you hop online and download Instructions PLUS, part of the LEGO Building Instructions app for smartphones and tablets. This interactive building guide, with amazing zoom and rotate viewing tools, quickly turns budding LEGO builders into master builders!
Cool exploration toy for kids
LEGO City is proud to support the work of National Geographic Explorers. And with feature-rich buildings, cool vehicles and fun characters our Ocean playsets inspire realistic play scenarios for budding explorers.
- Kids can dive deep into imaginative underwater adventures with this amazing LEGO® City (60265) Ocean Exploration Base playset. It has all kids need for a fun and rewarding play experience.
- What’s In the box? A toy ocean exploration base with interchangeable living and research modules, plus a docking submarine, underwater drone, 5 researcher minifigures and shark and stingray figures.
- The LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Base features interchangeable living and research modules and a docking submarine with movable inspection arms, spinning propeller and opening cockpit with room for two minifigures.
- Looking for cool toys for kids aged 5+? This playset makes a great Christmas, birthday or any-other-day present for LEGO® City fans and kids who love to role-play. Requires only very basic building skills.
- When built, the exploration base measures over 7” (20cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 5” (15cm) deep, while the underwater drone measures over 1" (3cm) high, 2" (6cm) long and 1" (3cm) wide.
- Does it need batteries? No, this construction set is powered by small kids with big imaginations – simply open the bags of LEGO® bricks and the play can start right away!
- This building set comes with a printed building guide and Instructions PLUS – an interactive construction guide for budding builders. Available as part of the free LEGO® Building Instructions app for smart devices.
- LEGO® City is proud to support the groundbreaking work of National Geographic Explorers, who help build a better world for us all. LEGO City Ocean playsets introduce kids to the exciting world of underwater exploration.
- Every LEGO® City Ocean playset is designed to the highest industry standards and criteria. This ensures that the LEGO bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure every kid's building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- October 25th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The AbyssValerian70 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst off, this little set really reminded me of the James Cameron Film The Abyss and as it is one of my all time favourite films the chance to build my own deep sea base was a no brainer. Each of the three habitat pods seperates off from the base so you could, theoretically, use them as vehicles or simply place them how and where you want. Personally I've kept mine on the base as I liek the cohesive look. Works well for display with the included research sub and the other sub kits in the City range. Loved the little diving mini figures, even if the fins mean they don't stand on a stud base but they do sit so mine are being lazy and sitting down on the display. Fun build and some interesting techniques and large moulded pieces that give a clean finish. Number Of Pieces: 497 Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.11 Build Time: 1.5 HoursPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 1st, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0I would recommend this to a friend!My kids really enjoyed building the Ocean Exploration Base. It was challenging, which we knew from the description on the box, but the instructions are crystal clear so we had zero worry. Loved that it had so many different projects within it, the submarine being our favorite. This made the finished product even more satisfying. My kids have spent many hours playing with this LEGO set and the creative possibilities are endless! Great investment!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 15th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great set and Great initiativeLordbeautifulflag | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a very fun experience, the set is amazing, well designed, and visually appealing! The only thing I felt was lacking was a way to fix the divers to the ground. Because of their flippers, they tend to skate away or fall pretty easily. The fact that the set is in support of National Geographic is also a very positive aspect that made the set even more enjoyable.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 10th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Family Fun!jayzay83 |I would recommend this to a friend!I don't know who was more excited when they saw this set, my kids or my husband. I actually had to take it away from my husband to keep him from building it without our kids. I loved watching build this together. Great family fun that lasted 3 days. My son kept wanting to take it apart and put it back together. I am definitely going to be buying.more sets for Christmas this year! Thanks Lego for a terrific product that brings my family together!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base