Explore the professions of some of the groundbreaking women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with the LEGO® Ideas Women of NASA set. It features minifigures of 4 pioneering women of NASA— astronomer and educator Nancy Grace Roman, computer scientist and entrepreneur Margaret Hamilton, astronaut, physicist and entrepreneur Sally Ride and astronaut, physician and engineer Mae Jemison—and 3 builds illustrating their areas of expertise. Role-play space exploration from planning to moon landing, beginning with the iconic scene from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969 of Hamilton with software that she and her team programmed. Build the posable Hubble Space Telescope and launch a LEGO version of the Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages. The set also includes a booklet about the 4 featured women of NASA, and the fan creator and LEGO designers of this fun and educational set.
- Includes 4 minifigures: Nancy Grace Roman, Margaret Hamilton, Sally Ride and Mae Jemison.
- Features 3 LEGO® builds illustrating the areas of expertise of the 4 featured women of NASA.
- Nancy Grace Roman’s build features a posable Hubble Space Telescope with authentic details and a projected image of a planetary nebula.
- Margaret Hamilton's build features a stack of book elements, representing the books of listings of Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) onboard flight software source code.
- Sally Ride and Mae Jemison’s build features a launchpad and Space Shuttle Challenger with 3 removable rocket stages.
- Also includes printed nameplates for each of the 4 women featured in this set.
- Great for role-playing space exploration missions.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the 4 featured women of NASA, the set's fan creator and the LEGO designers.
- Nancy Grace Roman's build measures over 2" (7cm) high, 3” (9cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Margaret Hamilton’s build measures over 2" (6cm) high, 3” (8cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep.
- Sally Ride and Mae Jemison’s build measures over 4" (12cm) high, 3” (10cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 3 monthsAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0This will go great with the Saturn VBarberSam13 | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a great little set, build only took me roughly half an hour however the build was a lot more fun then I expected it to be, in this set you get three separate small builds and four mini figures Margaret Hamilton, Mae Jamison, Sally Ride and Nancy G. Roman. The first build is of Margaret Hamilton and its of a black board with printed diagrams and a stack of books, you also get a small build for a coat stand, this is probably the most simple of the three builds but still looks very cool. The next build is of a small scale space shuttle, this stand includes Mae Jemison and Sally Ride, this is probably the most in depth build of the set and is so much fun to make, the shuttle also can be separated similar to the Saturn V set, a really cool little build to have. The final build is of Nancy G. Roman which includes a small build of a satellite and a printed piece which represents the planatery nebula which is again a very cool printed piece to own. The cool thing with this set which is the same as most of the Lego Ideas sets is that there are no stickers in this set and you get some really cool printed pieces, you get four really cool mini figures which also have very unique printing which you aren't going to get in any other sets. I will be putting this set with my Saturn V which will look awesome! The build is very fun and very easy so it is suitable for kids, this is the sort of set which will appeal to all ages as it is very cool, fun and also educational, you get the instruction manual which has information about each of the women of NASA included in this set and tells you about everything which was accomplished. I think for the price this is definitely good value for money and would highly recommend this to anyone!Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Women of NASA
- in 4 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Surprisingly play worthyErikL1965 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI debated for several months about building this or leaving the pieces sealed in the box. I was expecting each set to be in its own plastic bag. They are not. It’s an all or nothing build. They were easy to assemble, and have great play value, being additions to school scenes or explorations.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA
- in 3 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0More like this pleaseMannaz | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterSuch a wonderful set representing some major heroes, and so refreshing to not do the horrible thing that often seems to be done with sets featuring women (seriously today I saw 'marvel heroes girls', ... just include female characters in kits rather than making everything pink or separating gender.). I'd love to see more themed kits like this, or at the very least a kit with Rosalind Franklin in. Representation is important.Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA
- in 3 monthsAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0GreatHannahtude | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfSuper cool product and great for young girls! Had a great time building it, it was very easy for a beginner like me!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 45 minsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Women of NASA