New play experienceExciting new way to play with LEGO® toys by combining a LEGO model with a game app for a fully interactive experience.
Playset filled with ghost-hunting actionScan the LEGO® model with a phone to make it come alive. Interacting with the model makes things happen in the app.
A fun building challenge
Building this large model starts the fun play experience.
Find and capture ghosts
Use the app to find and capture ghosts floating around the model.
Color wheel interacts with app
Turning the color wheel interacts with the mini game in the app.
Train can be changed into a possessed flying train.
Unlock the boss ghost
Add a fun in-app play challenge with boss ghost Bawa.
Expand role-play into the digital realm
Combine physical play with digital fun for hours of extra playtime.
Includes Parker and Jack minifiguresPlus J.B., train driver Chuck, ticket lady Ms. Santos and passenger minifigures, 3 smartphones elements and more.
Immerse kids in the ultimate augmented-reality play experience with this exciting LEGO® Hidden Side™ 70424 Ghost Train Express playset. This awesome toy combines a buildable LEGO model with an augmented reality app to deliver a fully interactive play experience. Download the Hidden Side app and scan the model with a phone to make it come alive – interacting with the model makes things happen in the app. And with continuous updates, a unique boss ghost to battle in each set, new mysteries to solve, cool items to find, games to play and ghosts to collect, this LEGO Hidden Side set gives kids a whole new way to play and interact with LEGO bricks! This awesome train playset features cool, high-tech, ghost-catching details to inspire hours of imaginative play. And with 5 minifigures, including heroes Jack and Parker, there are a lot of play-starters so the action can start right away.
- This LEGO® Hidden Side™ train toy combines the open creative play of LEGO building playsets with an app for an amazing single or multiplayer augmented-reality (AR) play experience. Ideal for kids aged 8 and up.
- Download the LEGO® Hidden Side™ app and point your phone at the Ghost Train Express to make this train set for kids come alive. Move the phone around to discover an ever-changing environment hidden around the model.
- This augmented reality toy includes 5 figures: Jack Davids with a smartphone and girl minifigure Parker L. Jackson with a smartphone, tech genius J.B., ticket agent Ms. Santos, and ticket guy Chuck.
- This train has lots of play-starting features, like ghost wings that fold-out with the flip of a lever, a chamber to pretend to remove the ghosts haunting Ms. Santos, and a ‘de-haunting' cannon to help defeat the ghosts and return the old train station to normal.
- Set in the fictional town of Newbury, where ghosts haunt people and buildings, LEGO® Hidden Side™ playsets let kids play out exciting ghost-hunting adventures that combine physical LEGO models with fully-interactive augmented reality.
- Build and play with the physical building set and then bring it to life as you interact with the set while viewing it through the AR app.
- Using the LEGO® Hidden Side™ app is like looking through a window to a cool and spooky Hidden Side filled with challenging mysteries to solve, ghosts to defeat and unique ghost bosses, like The Bawa, to overcome in each set.
- To get the full augmented reality experience, a tablet or mobile phone is required, but not included. Compatible with selected iOS and Android devices. Check compatibility at www.LEGO.com/devicecheck. Children should ask permission before going online.
- Ghost train and station measure over 5” (14cm) high, 5” (15cm) wide and 24” (61cm) long when haunted.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- in 5 daysAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Awesome looking trainmoggy001 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI agree with the previous reviewer in that the new train wheels without metal axle are quite rubbish. I think their advantage is simply that they are much easier for younger kids to put together. But then the new couplers (non-magnetic) are a fiddle so that negates the above. Otherwise, this set is quite fun. It looks awesome in my opinion and provides a decent amount of playability. Pretty straight-forward to build so will suit a diverse range of builders. I love trains so this had to be added to my collection, but I should warn that it requires quite a big mod to motorise it. This was also the first of the hidden side sets that i have built and so far I like the theme. The overall feel of the theme is well designed and the characters are fantastic. The augmented reality app is pretty cool, and although it became boring for me quite quickly I think it would entertain a younger audience well.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Ghost Train Express
- in 26 daysAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Disappointing part choicesCremilar1 | 25-34Purchased for: SelfWhile I can't say much about the app, what I can say is the choice of parts is disappointing. The old train axles are gone :( The new train wheels are very resistant, lots of friction when used with a motor. :( There's only one magnet coupler, yet several of these new ones which are fiddly and awkward to use :( Disappointed LEGO, very disappointed, The lack of trains made my lego is bad enough, but now if newer trains have these new wheels and axle-less wheels then it'll be very poor for the train fans.8 August 2019Matt, Customer ServiceThank you for your review, and I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in this set. Unlike some LEGO® trains, the Ghost Train Express wasn't designed with motors or motion in mind. We definitely recommend exploring the features of the app as well to bring out the exciting 'Hidden Side' of this train! If there's anything we can help with, feel free to reach out at LEGO.build/Service.Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Ghost Train Express
- in about 1 monthAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0It's fun but...ickiepoo | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterIt's a fun but there are deficiencies. 1. Only comes with 1 magnetic coupler so it's not really compatible with our other Lego trains. 2. When motorized, engine is fairly tipsy in turns 3. Engine construction is a bit too flimsy for regular wing deployment. (The kids break it easily) I would not recommend if you are a train veteran looking for train parts.
Response from LEGO SHOP7 October 2019Keith, Customer ServiceHey there, thanks for your review! While this set can be motorized or combined with other trains using some ingenuity, it's primarily designed as a standalone playset, complemented by the LEGO® Hidden Side™ app experience. If you're interested in building motorized trains, we'd recommend one of our other train sets, like 60197, 60198, or 71044. Happy building!Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Ghost Train Express
- in 29 daysAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun and EASY!!Spiegel | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfUnlike most people, I found this to be a very nice addition to my large collection of train LEGO sets, so I got two! One for the Hidden side theme, and one for the trains ONLY theme. GOOD JOB LEGO. Can't wait for early June 2020 Hidden Side Sets!!!!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ghost Train Express