Celebrate iconic design with this charming double-decker London Bus, featuring a wealth of authentic details, including a bright-red color scheme, panoramic windshield, specially made standard-tread tires, destination sign, and an open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the upper sightseeing deck. Functions include an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with a sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior with worn look seating and additional authentic details, including a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum. Reversible transit advertising posters are also provided as printed labels with a 1950s or present-day London promotion. This LEGO® Creator Expert model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia and charm.
- The London Bus comes with an array of brick-built features and details, including large windows, bright red curved bodywork, panoramic windshield, reversible transit advertising posters provided as printed labels, specially made standard-tread tires and a destination sign. It also has an opening hood with engine, detailed driver’s cab with sliding door, and a removable roof and upper deck for access to the detailed interior.
- Interior details include worn look seating, open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the sightseeing deck. Additional authentic detailing includes a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum elements.
- Choose your favorite decade with the miniature, reversible transit advertising posters, featuring a 1950s or present day London promotion.
- Remove the roof and upper deck for full access to the detailed interior.
- Slide open the driver’s door to access the detailed cab with panoramic windscreen.
- Lift the hood to access the engine.
- Special elements include a new-for-August-2017 tire with standard tread, quarter bows and arches in red, and 1x1x1 A2/3 bricks with vertical studs.
- This model includes more than 1,680 pieces.
- This model is scaled for shelf display alongside other models in the LEGO® Creator Expert vehicle series.
- Measures over 7” (18cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 17000 Ft!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- April 29th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0You have reached destination awesome!Chrismystr | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is my most expensive/biggest Lego purchase (so far) and it's safe to say that I am definitely not disappointed! I've had my eye on this for a while and I was so excited to get it. The build was a lot of fun. A reasonably challenging build partly because it was a bit difficult at times to find the piece I needed amidst the vastness of red! But even so, it was a very interesting build which resulted in my dad joining me and being as captivated as myself! It was especially interesting to see how the whole thing evolved as I got further into the instructions. Every time I build a Lego set I love experiencing new building techniques that force you to pick up the model, twist it around and say"wow" with a giant smile on your face. This set did that plenty of times. The end product is beautiful. The shaping of the entire thing is great especially the rear of the bus with the straight back curving into the roof. My favourite area is the boarding area with the used tickets box, umbrella stand and spiral staircase. I also love the sliding window in the cab, the seats and the details on the upper deck such as the newspaper, drinks can and chewing gum under the seat (also the two tickets in the used ticket box). The way the roof and upper deck lifts off is brilliant and it fits back on very nicely. There are a lot of stickers but once applied they look fantastic. The Lego puns they added on the destination boards are brilliant! :D Putting minifigures in is a lot of fun and it looks awesome! Overall, I think I can safely say that this is my favourite set that I own and I would recommend it to anyone! It is simply beautiful.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsWas this helpful?55London Bus
- June 7th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Brilliant Lockdown ProjectDrPaul | 65 or olderI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfMy recent experience of Lego has been helping my granddaughter to build her Lego Friends sets, so this London Bus was something very different for me – a ‘lockdown’ project inspired by a schoolfriend sharing his project! It was a very enjoyable build and the completed model looks even better ‘in the bricks’ than ‘in the pics’ – in particular the tiles on the sides look very heavy on the box and instruction booklet yet are fine on the model. There are many lovely details, the engine, staircase, ticket box, fire extinguisher, and seats. I made my own destination labels for the route that passed my school. I made a couple of minor changes: • I took out the 1x1x3 pillar from the front of the driver’s door and replaced it with a spare 1x1 flat tile – makes the cab look better. • Also replaced the three transparent bricks below the windscreen with red 1x1, 1x1 with knob, and 1x4 bricks – and used the spare clear round brick to make an offside side lamp to match the one on the nearside (I took the 1x1 with knob from stage 45 and replaced it with a plain 1x1). I also built it with the shorter window as the last on the lower deck, and in the corresponding position upstairs, with a slight rearrangement of the bricks and plates above and below – it looks better balanced. As others have said, it would be nice to have at least driver and conductor figures. The only real disappointment is the front of the upper deck, the corners look a mess and the screen (with that awful sticky label) slopes too much – it really needs special bricks for the top corners to merge the front and side roof curves properly. I am now investigating the extra parts needed to extend the whole model by 2 studs to eliminate the short window altogether – downstairs the seats over the rear wheels would be for four as on the real thing, upstairs the seats could be moved back 1 stud to eliminate the awkward ’1½’ seats at the front, and the rearmost seat moved forward 1 stud with a proper seat rather than the bench. Anyway it’s got me being creative!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55London Bus
- August 29th, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Another Awesome Creator Expert VehicleLegoMySimpsons | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfOh boy was I happy to see a new vehicle on display when I visited the Lego store. I purchased it right away but then put it aside due to time and "life" happening. After months of collecting dust, I finally had the time to enjoy making this beautiful London Bus. Let me first say the build was fun and not tedious. Details are wonderful and small features of the bus is a definite plus, such as the ticket box, fire extinguisher to name a few. Size of the vehicle was perfect and proportionate to previous Creator Expert vehicles. This definitely was a beautiful addition to my collection. Build time took about 5 hours while I was watching some TV, so I was not 100% focused which is why it took a bit longer. The build is divided into 4 groups with bags numbered from 1~4. I've added some pictures for each group finishes, along with the extra left over pieces that Lego always includes. Whole process was very straight forward and enjoyed every bit of it. Full disclosure, I'm pretty OCD when it comes to attention to details. Instructions #64~#66, there is 2 pieces that require dark grey 2x2 but one of the 2x2 turned out to be lighter color that matched color of #65 piece, but in the picture it clearly was not. Definitely not a deal breaker but just sayin' :) Also, there were a lot of stickers so take your time, especially the adverts on the side of the bus. I did mess it up (because I was watching TV) and had to peel it off and put it back on correctly. I wish they were printed on the pieces like the "NASA Apollo Saturn V", or include an extra sheet? :) One last thing was that the roof was dull plastic and not shiny, which kind of made me think this is non-Lego like (cheap look). With that out of the way, I did take out a star for this, however, it is a great set and a must have for all Lego fans! For my next build, I'm planning on getting the James Bond Aston Martin DB5.29 August 2018Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review! There is one lighter gray 2x2 plate in this set, used in step #59 on page #62. You might want to double-check that your missing dark gray didn't accidentally get swapped into that spot. If not, then we're happy get the right piece on its way to you. You can request it by going to LEGO.com/Service and choosing the "Bricks & Pieces" option.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45London Bus
- August 28th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Value and DetailsTankerbell | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI really loved the details in this set. My favorite bits are the cleverly built spiral staircase and the single pink stud representing gum somebody stuck under a seat. This is a fun build, too. The only repetitive part is putting together the individual seats, but they don't take long and can easily be made assembly-line style.Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 7 daysBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55London Bus