- LEGO® Power Functions XL-Motor
Add an extra XL-Motor to your LEGO® creations! This super-strong motor will give plenty of power to your models, whether it’s spinning a wheel or turning a system of gears.Building Instructions
- Use the "XL" Motor to animate larger builds.
- Requires battery box (Item #8881), not included.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 17000 Ft!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
95% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating4.6out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating4.8out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating2.5out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating4.7out of 5 stars
- January 3rd, 2011Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0the best motorlavos777 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!It is the best power functions motor because it gives you so much power.My car is so fast and can go faster with two of these motors.I putted two motors and it would reach my speed with four motors.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions XL-Motor
- March 24th, 2010Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Pretty Powerfultahubird | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!This XL-motor is quite strong and can easily drive a lego car without trouble. I enjoy using it, and it is much MUCH stronger than its smaller weaker counterpart, the M-motor. With the m-motor i am always afraid of breaking it if i don't gear it at all, but with th XL-Motor i am never worried about burning out. But as with most things you have to comprmise on somthing. To get more power you compensate on the ammount of motors that you can run from the same battery box. with the m-motors you can run 4, but with the XL-motor you can only run 2. The motor you want may depend on the kind of legos you have. If you have say alot of bricks but very few technic pieces, then you should probably get the m-motor because it actualy has a bottom plate that allows it to be secured on bricks. On the other hand the xl-motor does not have this plate and you almost have to have some ammount of technic to be able to use it. I have both an NXT and pf stuff so i will give you a motor comparison. First the NXT motors are stronger, hands down. However the pf xl-motors are much smaller and easier to integrate into models. Also the NXT motor is faster and more precise. On the other side of the scale, the pf xl-motor is much cheaper, both to buy and to run, because you only need a battery box to run it. I closing i will say that the xl-motor is not as effective as the an NXT servo, it is WAY cheaper, and much smaller.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions XL-Motor
- December 20th, 2011Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Really good motorachintyabprasad | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!In general, the Lego Power Functions line of parts is a really good porduct line and idea. And fittingly, this XL-motor really fits in. The XL-motor is supposed to be for the person who needs more power than the M-motor. And true, it has more torque and has a larger carrying capacity. However, with that said, there are a few drawbacks. The cheif one is, well, the size. The M-motor is about as large as my thumb. So it is good size with the good amount of power. However, the XL-motor, is really large. It is as large as the palm of my hand. That makes it har to implement into creations. Also, it should be noted that while the XL-Motor is way more powerful than the M-motor, it appears to have a slightly slower RPM. So overall, the motor is really good, but make sure that yu have a large space to fit it in!Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions XL-Motor
- January 12th, 2015Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Here comes the Power!PowerMinerMaster | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfA must-have motor for your Power Functions collection! With a speed of 220 rotations per minute, it is one of the slowest of the Power Functions motors, but is also one of the strongest! With it comes a torque of 600 MA, which means it is basically unstoppable! If you plan on building a monstrous RC vehicle, then buy the XL motor, which is capable of tugging very large vehicles! And if that's not enough, two XL motors can propel vehicles of MASSIVE proportions! The dimensions of this motor are 5 (height) by 5 (width) by 6 (length) modules. Technic is based off of ODD numbers, not even, so this motor should be easy to fit into your Technic constructions. Take care of this motor, as just with any motor, dropping it will result in critical damage to the speed.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions XL-Motor