Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
Surprise giftLearn more
Send your train roaring down the track! Lay out your tracks, then add this LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor to your train engine, combined with the required parts, and you’re ready to roll!
- Includes wheels and cross axles
- Use with #8878 LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box to have on-train speed control
- Requires #8878 LEGO Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box or #8881 LEGO Power Functions Battery Box
- Use with #8884 LEGO Power Functions IR Receiver and #8879 LEGO Power Functions IR Speed remote control to build a remote controlled train
90% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- December 21st, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Get The Remote AlsoKIJohn |I would recommend this to a friend!I bought this and the battery pack. The train went so fast it flew off the tracks. I attached a video of when I got the remote. It controls speed and can back up. I reviewed the other purchases and I think you should get all 4 items.Level of Difficulty1.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- July 23rd, 2012Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Good motor for my 9Volt Lego trainsBVG9Volt |I would recommend this to a friend!I use this motor as secundary motor for my old 9Volt Lego trains. I power the PF train motor by attaching it with the PF power cable (8886) on cable of the 9Volt train light. This cable is connected with the 9Volt train motor. So be sure your 9Volt motor still works. I recommand that you have enough room in your loco because the cables use some place and be sure that the trains motors are attached one a chassis. The Metroliner (4558 - 10001) is good example of a train that can be used with a secondary motor. My Metroliner runs smootly on the 9Volt tracks now.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- February 23rd, 2014Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0great Moter but could be strongerI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI got this product in a train set for Christmas it has great speed on the speed remote but not a lot of torque, and if you have a lot of carpet in your house like I do your Moter won't run at all. and also this moter is hard to put in other models besides trains because it is hard to stabeise it with out it spinning around. but this moter is really strong is trains so I would not recomened using two of these in a train. So now to the pros and cons. pros. really fast on track and tile. pretty strong when in a train cons torque is not very good on carpet. drains batteries pretty fast. hard to make it stable. over all it is a good product for running on track and tile.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty5.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
- March 3rd, 2011Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A stronger motorJohnnyB |I would recommend this to a friend!I have been waiting for Lego to sell these motors individually, I have a couple of them from the new train sets. These motors, with the new AAA battery boxes, are the answer I've been looking for to easily power my other non-powered trains. These new motors are MUCH stronger than the older RC trains motors, turning the larger wheels without issue. They did had some issues with the ones released in the new cargo train (awful squealing), but they sent me free replacements and assured me that the newer ones are OK. My only complaint is that they don't come with the decorative side pieces like the train sets have. These pieces are not inexpensive parts either, for 2 it cost me $6+ after shipping from Lego direct. Other than that, this is a must have for RC train enthusiasts.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions Train Motor
Shop more like this: