Discover the architectural secrets of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®. This accurately detailed LEGO® model faithfully recreates the curves and distinctive lines that have made this building an architectural icon for the last half-century. The simple, grid-patterned facade of the annex tower complements the main building with its circular rotundas, while buildable exterior elements depict a section of New York City’s 5th Avenue Museum Mile, complete with its signature yellow cabs. The Guggenheim sign, featuring Wright’s architectural lettering, has also been recreated in a similar typeface to heighten the authenticity of the model. This LEGO Architecture model has been designed to deliver a rewarding building experience for all with an interest in architecture, travel, history and design, and is suitable for display in the home and office.
- LEGO® Architecture interpretation of the real-world architectural landmark, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®.
- Features the Guggenheim’s modernist facade with its circular rotundas and distinctive lines, plus the eight-story annex tower and a section of New York City's 5th Avenue Museum Mile including scaled yellow cabs.
- The Guggenheim sign, featuring Wright's architectural lettering, has also been recreated in a similar typeface to complement the authenticity of the model.
- The included booklet contains information about the design, architecture and history of the building (English language only. Other languages available for download at LEGO.com/architecture).
- LEGO® Architecture celebrates the world of architecture through the medium of the LEGO brick, and is developed for all with an interest in travel, architecture, history and design.
- This set includes over 740 LEGO® pieces and offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 12+.
- Measures over 4” (12cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over £50!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- July 17th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Another amazing set, love it!SparkyKen | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is stunning, another set as unique as Falling Water, same architect, so amazing. I put this set together not expecting much, I was so wrong. This is worth the time. Whoever designed it in LEGO, you did great! My only complaint was the box was messed up causing parts to fall out. It is on display with some Technic planes.Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- January 28th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Nice DecorationTheOblongBox | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was so excited when I found this item. The set is absolutely beautiful to look at. I love that I can use this as a decoration piece in my apartment. It's classy and doesn't feel or look like a 'toy.' I also like that the instruction booklet comes with little facts about what I am building. I enjoyed reading it. I also had a lot of fun building this. I recommend the Lego Architecture series to all adults who want to experience the fun of Legos. I will definitely be buying more Lego Architecture pieces. I have previously bought the Arc De Triomphe architecture piece and had a lot of fun building that as well. This one takes a little bit longer to build than that one. The only things that could be improved upon are the instructions and the way the pieces are sorted in the bags. I basically had to open all of the bags in the very beginning because you have to use all kinds of pieces from the very beginning. I think it would be nice if the bags were sorted a little different where the pieces you need early in the build are in one bag and the pieces you need later are in another bag. Also, the instructions are a little unclear in certain places. I didn't know exactly where to put some pieces. Other than that, no complaints.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- November 18th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Museum WorthyLegoMeister | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was excited when I saw that The Guggenheim Museum was being released with a new LEGO Architecture set. I am a big Frank Lloyd Wright fan, and to say I was disappointed in the previous version of the Guggenheim, would be an understatement. It always seemed oddly proportioned. I realize that the designers are limited by brick shapes, and budget constraints, especially with a round building, but that set was a let down. The new set is amazing. Every element of the design is light years beyond the previous one. The build is challenging, and it is fun to see the details as they emerge. Little quirks in the build, reveal themselves to be design elements that are almost hidden, unless you look closely. There are also the witty design elements that fit for the Guggenheim. The yellow taxi's and the white grills which represent cross walks, all fit into the New York theme. When done, the design is cohesive and proportional. Though it is impossible to achieve the spiral ramp element of FLLW's architecture, the gradual step out of the curved floors suggests it in a modern way. This set is definitely in my top five fave within the Architecture series. It gets pride of place on my LEGO shelf. I call this set Museum Worthy, because it is a set worthy of the Museum it represents.Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- December 8th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fifth Avenue, First Class!jezzafox | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a superb Lego set. Building it was a bit of a challenge as there are so many small parts and unless totally concentrating, easy to make a mistake. The final result is very satisfying, a beautiful building. If I were to make any improvements, one would be the roof which in the model is a solid colour whereas the actual building has a transparent one. I imagine Lego opted for the solid colour to hide the interior. On the plus side, the museum name is on printed elements. It would have been a disappointment had they been on stickers. On mine the lettering is not parallel but that's a minor quibble. It is a bit too expensive but that seems to be the way for the Architecture series.Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®