Head for the runway with this authentic 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic Airport Rescue Vehicle, featuring a red, black and gray color scheme, working boom mechanism, 4-cylinder engine with moving pistons, large driver’s cab with detailed dashboard, wing mirrors, equipment storage compartment, twin-axle steering, double rear axle and chunky tires. Upgrade with the 8293 Power Functions motor set (not supplied) for a motorized boom mechanism and working warning beacons. Rebuild this model to create a Fire Rescue Vehicle for a double build-and-play experience.
- Features working twin-axle steering, double rear axle, chunky tires, long versatile boom with multi-directional water cannon, detailed 4-cylinder engine with moving pistons, driver’s cab with detailed dashboard, warning beacons and an opening equipment storage compartment.
- Check out the authentic red, black and gray color scheme.
- Operate the multi-directional boom to position the water cannon.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- Upgrade with the 8293 LEGO® Power Functions set (not included) for a motorized boom and working warning beacons.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Fire Rescue Vehicle.
- Airport Rescue Vehicle (with boom extended) measures over 16” (42cm) high, 17” (45cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide, and 6” (17cm) high with boom retracted.
- Fire Rescue Vehicle (with boom extended) measures over 12” (31cm) high, 21” (55cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide, and 5” (14cm) high with boom retracted.
- August 5th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A well detailed Airport Fire TruckI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfWe finally get another rescue/fire truck after a hiatus of 14 years. For all of you adult fans the last one was 8454 Rescue Truck back in 2003. Out of all the new sets that we're recently released here in the USA, I chose to purchase 5 of the 7, and out of those 5 we're all 3 summer-release sets. I have to say I'm plenty impressed with this set. I was surprised at how many pieces it had and the low price tag, so price per piece average made for excellent value. It has the usual items you would expect for a fire/rescue truck for an airport. Front nozzle, and over head nozzle, only with this release, the nozzle is much more playable. It not only is flexible and turns, it also raises up with the cherry picker type extension above the truck itself. All of the side panels open upwards to reveal some goodies, mainly tools and the like you would find with most emergency type pumper trucks. The vehicle has a 4-cylinder engine and a rear differential to feed the power of the engine to each of the rear wheels. Also, 2 of the 3 axles are steering axles, so you get 4-wheel steering, it is really cool to see this feature as it minimizes the turning radius of the truck. You can also add set# 8293 to motorize the turning and raising of the boom, a nice feature absent from the eclectic predecessor, the 8454 Rescue Truck. A scale above the previous actual fire engine from 2006, which had limited features. The only thing that is missing in my mind are outriggers that would stabilize the truck when the boom is raised up for fighting a fire from atop. Also, the 8293 kit offers a LED light kit to illuminate two front top of the cab spotlights, a nice touch. Overall, the only con I see with this model is the lack of outrigger stabilizers, but otherwise, its a well detailed, realistic model and well worth the money. For children getting into medium level Technic, I think this model would be a great starting point, among so many other medium size sets of the last 2 years that are all still available on Lego.com. Kudos to the designer of this model, it is an excellent representation and a perfect entry-level summer 2017 set. Next review will be the 42069 Extreme Adventure. Stay tuned.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Airport Rescue Vehicle
- March 21st, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A nice, relaxing buildI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a relatively easy set for me - the lack of complex functions meant that it wasn't much of a challenge, making it really suitable for beginners to intermediates. However, the design of the hose arm on top looks like there were lots of corners cut, with lots of pins sticking out. The amount of detail is reasonable however, and I added the power function option too. It doesn't provide much more playability, but the lights are a nice touch. On the whole, it is a good set at a reasonable price, and I do recommend it.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Airport Rescue Vehicle
- August 18th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fun build made better with motor setI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfReally enjoyed this set. Maybe because I work in the fire department my self, but non the less i was an original shape of the vehicle. It included quite a few fun new tool-bits and the four wheelsteering works really well. A bit of a short build, but I compare to the Porsche or Aurochs but for a third of the price you should get about a third of the build time.Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Airport Rescue Vehicle
- March 22nd, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Airport Rescue, Set 42068Spent about a day on and off over the course of a week building this set. Given the size and functionality of the finished model found myself underwhelmed by it. Not that it is a bad set and can see why it was/is included it in their range. Would recommend it to those who are looking for a starting point/way into the Technic rangeLevel of Difficulty3.0Build Time: 1 daysWas this helpful?45Airport Rescue Vehicle