Head for the runway with this authentic 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic Airport Rescue Vehicle, featuring a red, black and gray color scheme, working boom mechanism, 4-cylinder engine with moving pistons, large driver’s cab with detailed dashboard, wing mirrors, equipment storage compartment, twin-axle steering, double rear axle and chunky tires. Upgrade with the 8293 Power Functions motor set (not supplied) for a motorized boom mechanism and working warning beacons. Rebuild this model to create a Fire Rescue Vehicle for a double build-and-play experience.
- Features working twin-axle steering, double rear axle, chunky tires, long versatile boom with multi-directional water cannon, detailed 4-cylinder engine with moving pistons, driver’s cab with detailed dashboard, warning beacons and an opening equipment storage compartment.
- Check out the authentic red, black and gray color scheme.
- Operate the multi-directional boom to position the water cannon.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- Upgrade with the 8293 LEGO® Power Functions set (not included) for a motorized boom and working warning beacons.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Fire Rescue Vehicle.
- Airport Rescue Vehicle (with boom extended) measures over 16” (42cm) high, 17” (45cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide, and 6” (17cm) high with boom retracted.
- Fire Rescue Vehicle (with boom extended) measures over 12” (31cm) high, 21” (55cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide, and 5” (14cm) high with boom retracted.
- January 3rd, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.042068 Rosenbauer 6x6 PantherI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI collect Lego Fire Engines and have done so since I was in my early teens. I think I am missing only a few early boxed sets from the 50's & 60's. A nice set, not as complicated as some Technic sets I have built in the past, but it left me wanting more. I have 2 of these sets; one as it originally came with stock stickers and one with aditional custom 'Newcastle Airport' stickers as this airport actually uses a similar truck; I used the Airport postcode for the number plate. My only complaint I suppose with the Technic sets is that Lego discontinued the bigger 'technic' jointed figures that they used to make to go with the early Technic sets. "Lego you've missed an opportunity here".Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Airport Rescue Vehicle
- August 18th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Second best set this waveI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set has definitely grown on me since the first pictures I saw of it, especially now that I have it. Pros: Looks good Crane is not to fast or slow Can be upgraded Steering is pretty tight for what it is Cons: Very difficult to mod with a servo to steer A lot of stickers This is a great set I have since modded it as the instructions showed and I also removed the engine in the back to attach a m motor to drive it and receiver to control it but I am having trouble putting a servo in it.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 hrsWas this helpful?55Airport Rescue Vehicle
- December 3rd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.042068I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfMan, its been about 20 years since i last built a lego set. Great color, easy mechanics but with enough challenge to be satisfiedPlay Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 7 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Airport Rescue Vehicle
- September 28th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0ron445 |I would recommend this to a friend!I only started building 2 years ago. it is a new past time for this 70+ year old and I truly love doing it. Thank you LEGO for giving me something to do beside sit and watch TV. I am giving up on NFL and all pro sports so I will just do my own thing and fill my basement with LEGO'S. It is a true joy..Play Experience3.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Airport Rescue Vehicle