Billund/Le Mans, - June 10th, 2023: To mark the Centenary of the iconic Le Mans 24-hour race, master LEGO® Technic™ builders and the elite hyper car design team from PEUGEOT Sport are taking on their greatest build challenge to date – scaling up the LEGO Technic PEUGEOT 9x8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar to 11:1 scale… in just 24 hours.
After unveiling the LEGO Technic model in April, the teams have been concepting and testing for this unparalleled challenge. With LEGO Technic builds of this size usually taking teams of 8 builders, over 5 months to build construct, the team taking on this challenge have just 24 hours to see if they can beat the clock and recreate the formidable hyper car just as the real Peugeot takes to the Le Mans track in the race of the century.
At 19:00 CEST today, the builders, will kick off the endurance build challenge right to the classic Circuit de la Sarthe track at the PEUGEOT Sport stand in the Fan Village. Visitors will be able to experience the car being assembled live on-site by 12 design, engineering and building specialists from the LEGO team in Kladno, Czech Republic.
To make it possible (fingers crossed), the team has developed a concept for ‘hyper elements’ – upscaled versions of regular LEGO Technic elements made from hundreds of individual LEGO Technic pieces – that will be used by the master builders for the first time on the day.
The chequered flag will be waved at 19:00 CEST Saturday June 10th - will they cross the line?
Follow the LEGO Group social accounts for live updates from Le Mans.
Not far from the Peugeot stand fans at Le Mans can visit the LEGO shop or explore their love of motorsports at the LEGO Group Experience Zone in the Fan Village. They will have the chance to test their engineering prowess by building and racing their own LEGO car, snap a shot against some amazing LEGO displays built by local fans, and enter competitions to win LEGO sets signed by LEGO Designer, Aurélien Rouffiange.
Notes To Editors
For more information, contact email@example.com
LEGO Group Experience Zone
At the LEGO Group Experience Zone at Le Mans, fans and families can experience the following activities to immerse themselves into the world of LEGO vehicles with:
- A corner with iconic LEGO vehicles (LEGO CITY, LEGO SPEED CHAMPIONS, LEGO TECHNIC, LEGO NINJAGO).
- A giant diorama representing 24h Le Mans circuit, created by a local association of Adults Fans of LEGO bricks, Brique Mulsanne
- Challenges and workshops to build the fastest LEGO car or try the
latest LEGO NINJAGO action toys.
- A photo opportunity with a giant LEGO car made with bricks.
- Gaming stations to try the new video game LEGO 2K DRIVE.
- Not far from the Peugeot stand, fans can visit the LEGO Certified pop-up store, in partnership with Percassi.
Big build activation
- We are upscaling the LEGO Technic Peugeot 9x8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar to 11:1 scale… in just 24 hours.
- We are building live at Le Mans.
- We are building in 24 hours to celebrate the centenary of the 24H Le Mans.
- We have 12 LEGO builders on site to complete the challenge.
- We are using Hyper-elements to make the build possible; this is the first time ever we have ever used this building technique and the team came up with Hyper-elements for this challenge.
- Name: LEGO® Technic™ PEUGEOT 9X8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar (42156)
- Age: 18+
- Measurements: Over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19.5 in. (50 cm) long and 9 in. (22 cm) wide
- Pieces: 1,775
- Price: 199.99€/$199.99/£169.99
The LEGO Technic PEUGEOT 9X8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar set is available via LEGO Stores and www.LEGO.com and through the PEUGEOT dealership network now.
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group’s mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through the power of play. The LEGO System in Play, with its foundation in LEGO bricks, allows children and fans to build and rebuild anything they can imagine.
The LEGO Group was founded in Billund, Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, its name derived from the two Danish words Leg Godt, which mean “Play Well”.
Today, the LEGO Group remains a family-owned company headquartered in Billund. Its products are now sold in more than 130 countries worldwide. For more information: www.LEGO.com.
PEUGEOT is an inventive premium generalist brand. The Power of ALLURE is its new promise, reflected in each of its models and services. Allure (attractive design), Emotion (instinctive driving pleasure) and Excellence (uncompromising quality and ease of use) are its values. PEUGEOT is present in more than 130 countries and the Brand sold more than 1,050,000 vehicles worldwide in 2022. By 2025, all its models, both passenger cars and commercial vehicles, will be electric. The PEUGEOT E-LION project is a 360° approach to achieving the Zero Carbon goal in 2038. The PEUGEOT 9X8 electrified hypercar demonstrates the Marque's passion for motorsport and is entered in the World Endurance Championship (WEC), including the Le Mans 24 Hours. For more information www.media.stellantis.com/peugeot