Build, code and play with Robot Inventor!Inspire minds with a physical-meets-digital world filled with interactive, remote-control robots and intelligent vehicles.
The latest LEGO® MINDSTORMS® evolution5 unique designs to build, plus fun coding and challenging activities to complete with the Robot Inventor App.
LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor
Robot Inventor App
Includes 50+ activities that bring your creations to life.
A tough, walking guardian
Blast fires missiles, punches and hammers through obstacles.
The quirky helper
Charlie just aims to please… he also dances and plays drums.
Robot for any task
M.V.P. - a modular, multifunctional, brick-eating vehicle.
An advanced quadruped
Gelo is a fun, smart, walking robot who can avoid obstacles.
The sports fanatic
Tricky loves shooting hoops, playing ball and other sports.
A world of unlimited play possibilitiesKids will gain essential STEM skills as they play with the intelligent Hub, motors, sensors and almost 1,000 LEGO® pieces.
Enter the amazing physical and digital world of programmable, remote-control robots and intelligent creations. With LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor (51515), young robot fans build 5 unique, motorized robots and vehicles using the free LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App. Then they bring them to life, one at a time, using the drag-and-drop coding environment based on Scratch and complete fun activities and challenging missions (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices). And with almost 1,000 pieces, kids will love to come up with their own tech toy creations and share them with other robot fans on LEGO Life.
Level up the play experience
From the intelligent Hub with its 5x5 LED screen, 6-axis gyro and speaker, to powerful motors and accurate sensors, the latest evolution of LEGO MINDSTORMS coding robots for kids is the perfect way to help youngsters express and develop their creativity, while gaining essential 21st century STEM skills.
- With LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices).
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO® Life.
- For fans of LEGO® BOOST and kids who love LEGO building and playing with robots, Robot Inventor is a great next step. It's also a cool gift for 10-year-olds and up, be it a birthday, Christmas or any other occasion.
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long. The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO® BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others.
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included with this cool toy, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start.
- The free LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Robot Inventor coding app for kids includes an interface based on Scratch, digital building instructions, 50+ activities, plus Python support for more advanced coders.
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS® inspires LEGO inventors of all ages to build, code and control interactive robot toys and other creations with bricks, motors, sensors and intelligent Hubs, and share them with the MINDSTORMS community.
- Since 1958, LEGO® building bricks have met the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to meet exacting safety and quality standards, so you can be sure these electronic toys won't fall apart during a mission.
- This set features Digital Building Instructions. Now it’s easy to follow the steps on your mobile device or download a PDF of the printed building guide. Click the Building Instructions button at the bottom of this page to find and download the instructions.
- Free standard 1 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over $149!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- October 27th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Good set, fun to play around with kids, limited.Gmid | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a strong set to teach the kids programming. It has a very easy learning curve, but allows you to make it as complex as you want in the end. The flexibility is awesome, enough motors and sensors to make anything you want. The biggest miss is to allow connection to other mindstorm bricks. The old EV sets would allow this, creating limitless possibilities and complexities. WIth this new set you're limited to one mindstorms brick, with 6 ports, and no communication whatsoever. I do hope this will be added as bluetooth functionality in future software/firmware updates. Yes I would recommend, but not to replace existing EV3 sets.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Robot Inventor
- October 20th, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0No Daisy ChainingAbraham1 | 25-34Purchased for: SonI’ve always been pretty interested in robotics. I remember playing with lego ever since I was a kid. When the ev3 came out, I was in my early 20s; I thought it was really awesome how you could create robots with lego and daisy chain up to 4 ev3 computers to make some incredible robots. I used to create some really cool robots in my spare time. I purchased the new robot inventor set for my 7 year old son, since I wanted him to have an interest in robotics like me. I was pretty frustrated when I found out there’s no way to daisy chain the new robot inventor system with other robot inventor computers. You’re limited to just 6 ports, and you cannot build bigger and better robots. I simply do not understand why the new system removed the daisy chaining functionality. The new system is pretty much worse than my older ev3.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Value for MoneyAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Build Time: 1 daysWas this helpful?15Robot Inventor
- October 17th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0So legit features!aaaaaa666 | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfFirst of all, they are cute, second, i never seen a lego do so amazing stuff! You can build 5 different types of robots and they all can do different stuff! I understand it is 460 CAD because of the coding things. Overall, AWESOME!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Robot Inventor
- October 21st, 2020Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Not a great setLegomasterbuilder101 | 14-18Purchased for: SelfThis set is not even that good. Its just a spike prime hardware with a play button and a colour change. No daisy chaining on this new mindstorms. :( i do wish they still have wifi on it similar on the EV3.Build Time: 10 daysWas this helpful?25Robot Inventor