LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
Temporarily out of stock
Rebuildable Flying Car gift for VIPs with purchases over $199, valid 18/10-24/10.*Not a VIP?
Use classic LEGO® bricks to build your own chess board and then build all the playing pieces too. This set is ideal to take and play wherever you like, as the pieces store conveniently inside the board. It can also be used to play checkers.
- Includes a buildable chessboard and buildable playing pieces.
- Board opens to store all the playing pieces inside.
- Can also be used to play checkers.
- This set includes over 1,400 pieces.
- Board measures over 10” (26cm) square.
- December 27th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Chess boardRuby |I would recommend this to a friend!My son and I enjoyed building this set. It took us several hours. Being able to use it to play a game of chess after was a bonus.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money4.0Was this helpful?55LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
- February 11th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Finally a GREAT Chess SetI would recommend this to a friend!I think that the negative reviewer missed the point on this set if he was hoping for ninjago. I have never understood the point of minifig-heavy chess sets. Every time one has come out, I have hoped for a more traditional set. The target audience for this set are older children, serious chess players and adults. If someone would like a set with mini figures that isn't a great display piece, the pirate set is currently on sale from last year. This set (although its naturally a repetitive build) was not only fun to put together, but its one of the few sets that I keep out in my living room. It looks great and is a fantastic conversation piece. I have gotten nothing but compliments on it and it is a great set to play on. I thought this set was very reasonably priced. At 1,450 pieces, its price per piece is fantastic.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 4 daysWas this helpful?55LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
- March 1st, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0"Check and mate. Now king me!" -H SimpsonI would recommend this to a friend!I love that Lego finally came out with a generic chess/checkers combo set. As others have said it makes a great coffee table/conversation piece. Great utility to this set; all the pieces stow nicely below the playing surface with room to spare. While the patterns are a little redundant to build, the base is very sturdy; the ability to split it in half for more compact storage is a nice touch. The chess pieces are nicely designed with the right amount of detail, are sturdy, and have a little weight to them, without easily tipping over. The price to parts ratio is much more tolerable than some of the other themed chess-only sets. I do wish a little more thought was put into the checkers portion. A single-stud connector would have been nice for the tops, to allow “kinged” pieces to stay together. A couple extra checkers would have been nice to have too, as those are the easiest pieces to lose.18 April 2017Haley - Consumer Service Specialist, Consumer ServicesThis is great feedback to bring forth to the designers! If you'd like to make some modifications you mentioned above or replace some of the lost elements you can always check out our Pick a Brick selection. There are lots of great pieces there you can use to enhance your build. The designers will appreciate your feedback!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
- January 28th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Greeat set for decoration or parts!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is great! I love the dark red/black vs dark blue/white color scheme. There's lots of great parts in here in those colors. If you're looking for a chess set, it does the job admirably. If you want a bunch of nice parts for a decent price, this set is exceptional.Play Experience4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Iconic Chess Set