This faithfully reproduced LEGO® Star Wars incarnation of the diminutive BB-8 droid from the new Star Wars movie trilogy makes the perfect gift for any Star Wars or LEGO fan. Turn one wheel at the side to rotate the detailed head, and another to open the access hatch and extend the ‘welding torch’. This faithfully reproduced model also comes with a display stand, decorative fact plaque and small BB-8 figure, making it a great display piece for any bedroom or office.
- Features authentic detailing, and wheel-activated rotating head and opening hatch with non-functioning welding torch.
- Also includes a display stand, decorative fact plaque and a small BB-8 figure.
- This set includes over 1,100 pieces.
- BB-8 model does not roll.
- BB-8 without stand measures over 9” (25cm) high and 5” (15cm) wide.
- Display stand measures over 10” (26cm) long.
- April 16th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Brilliantly Beautiful BB-8 BuildI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfIt's hard not to love this from the moment you take a look at the box and see BB-8 staring back at you. As someone who always wished they'd bought the R2-D2 set when it came out it was a no-brainer to build this little droid. The build was enjoyable, involved, occasionally tricky and a couple of times felt a little repetitive; but the 2 and a bit hours when pretty quickly and to see him take shape bag by bag was great. The external appearance hides the level of complexity and mechanics going on inside brilliantly, and the movement the mechanics create are very nicely done. The easy option would have been to have the head rotate only, however the additional effort the design team have gone to to create the authentic BB-8 head movement is well worth it and it's the first thing people comment on when they see it in action. The scale of the model is perfect for display, and the stand, info sticker and mini BB-8 make it a great shelf display piece for any collector (dusting it in the coming weeks and months won't be so much fun). In terms of playability, this isn't one the kids will be spending hours with, but then that isn't really the point with this one. It's on a slightly higher than normal shelf keeping it out of the reach of little fingers, although mini BB-8 seems to have gone missing, perhaps to a galaxy far far away! If you buy it and build it, you'll love it ..... and I challenge you to walk past it without giving the head a little wobble!Play Experience2.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 2 hrs 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BB-8™
- October 7th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0My favourite Star Wars set to date!Polyglot |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfBB-8 is such a lovable character and I knew I had to get this set as soon as I saw it. I didn't expect it to become my favourite Star Wars set (out of 23 so far), but it has! Pros: - Really fun to build, despite some repetition - BB-8s head bobbles so realistically, due to the use of gears and an elastic band - Has an extendable welding torch - Comes with a BB-8 minifigure, too - It looks amazing! Cons: - The welding torch does not extent to a vertical position, like it does in the film I keep BB-8 on display in our dining room and it brings a smile to my face every time I walk by. Recommended for all Star Wars fans!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BB-8™
- September 3rd, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0This one is awesomeFernando |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe BB 8 lego set is awesome I got it during Force Friday at our local store. I got home and built it right away it took me about 4 hours he has some awesome features like moving his head and sticking his lighter thumb out. Very well worth the money. It's my first lego set in a few years and I'm back on the lego train!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BB-8™
- December 30th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0FantasticTom22 |I would recommend this to a friend!This was my first ever lego set bought for me as a present and as soon as I seen it I couldn't wait to get building, the whole building process is so enjoyable and satisfying, the building process was not difficult at all because the instructions are very clear and the final result is amazing. There isn't really anything that could make this set better apart from mabye lights and sounds. The only minor thing I think could be changed about this is that there could be some attachment to the door on the front to close it when you wind back the welding torch but it's not really anything major and the set itself is still amazing. I would 100% recommend this to anyone do not hesitate to buy it looks great and is great value for money.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BB-8™