Get set for a historic race with LEGO® Speed Champions versions of the stunning 2016 Ford GT and 1966 Ford GT40 endurance cars. Each car features space for a racing driver minifigure, wheels with rubber tires, removable windshields and iconic details. With a race marshal minifigure plus a victory podium with a gold-colored trophy and checkered flag element, there’s everything needed to role-play a modern vs. classic 24-hour race. Includes three minifigures.
- Includes three minifigures: 2016 Ford GT racing driver, 1966 Ford GT40 racing driver and a race marshal.
- The race-ready, buildable 2016 Ford GT and 1966 Ford GT40 cars each feature a minifigure cockpit, wheels with rubber tires, removable windshield, plus authentic colors, design details and race-graphics stickers.
- The victory podium features play-starting elements including a checkered flag and a gold-colored trophy.
- Racing driver minifigures have authentic 2016 and 1966 race suit decoration.
- Accessory elements include two racing driver helmets and the race marshal’s flag.
- This set offers an age-appropriate build and play experience for ages 7+.
- 2016 Ford GT measures over 1” (4cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- 1966 Ford GT40 measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Victory podium measures over 2” (6cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 1” (3cm) deep.
- February 20th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0An Excellent Set!Ellis |I would recommend this to a friend!I really like this Speed Champions set very much and when I heard it was going to be a set this was one I was definilty going to get I like the 1966 Ford GT40 and is a very fun and very cool car I like the look with the black and grey racing stripe which makes it look like a nice old racer the 2016 Ford GT is also a fun and great build for a car I like the color and I like the design for this car alot as well and the little winners circle with the Ford logo's is a good add on plus I like the trophy which a unqiue build.I also want to add I like how this set was made to commorate Ford winning the 24 Hours of LE Man's with both of these cars and then winning the Rolex 24 this past January.I highly recommend anyone who is a race fan or just a Lego fan this will fit in really well with your other Speed Champions sets.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?552016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40
- March 26th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Surprisingly funMeagol |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI only looked into Speed Champions after I purchased a couple of very reasonably priced City themed racers. I enjoyed those, my kids liked playing with them, so I thought I'd give this line a try. Somehow the product feels and looks much better than the photos. And it made me appreciate the ingenuity involved in creating these cars with minimal special bricks. The 66 GT is lovely, and I was very surprised by the other as well--I had misgivings about the protruding black at the front, based on the photos. Happy with the purchase.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 45 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?552016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40
- January 21st, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0A nice slice of nostalgiaBioscan |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI purchased 75881 solely for the 1966 Ford GT40, a car I immediately fell in love with because of the beauty of the design, and I cannot say I am disappointed, having bought and built that car. The mixture of building techniques is brilliant, especially, in my opinion the, the building of the front of the car. My only complaint is the usage of stickers- but with the amount of decals included, I am not suprised by a lacklustre amount of printed parts. The 2016 car is also quite neat, although I must admit I am not a fan of it's blue/red transformation color scheme, although I know many will disagree. This car is alot more hulking than it's smaller brother, and once again, the only complaint is the number of stickers (althoughthe windscreen is printed which is great). Finally,the winner podium is a nice, but ultimately forgettable addition to the set, although the use of dark green parts is good, as it makes a change from grey or red. Finnally the minfigures are well done, in particular the vintage jumpsuit driver, which brought a smile to my face due to the detail on him. Overall, a well done set, held back only by the usage of stickers, although this is not really the fault of the designers.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?452016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40
- September 12th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0The best Speed Champions set ever!Luna4477 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a very fun set to build! The 1966 Ford GT40 was a very interesting build. I like the fact that it came with a race marshal (who I named Manolo) and two drivers (who I named James and Clank). I would recommend this set if you like cool cars and Ford. I may be a fourteen year old girl, but I love cars! Can't wait to see what's next for Speed Champions...maybe a Lamborghini?Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 hrs 3 minsWas this helpful?552016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40