Car transportation replica modelConstruct a highly detaild Car Trasporter with authentic features and functions for hours of play and design exploration.
Multifunctional Car TransporterIncludes a lorry with lots of realistic functions such as adjustable decks, plus a detailed car model for transporting.
LEGO Technic Car Transporter
An educational play experience
Familiarizes LEGO builders with the basics of engineering.
Tilting driver's cab
Tilt the driver's cab to view the transporter's V6 engine.
The included car features a detailed V8 piston engine.
Decks raise and lower for seamless loading and unloading.
Safety on all decks
Features vehicle locks on all decks for safe transportation.
Rebuilds into this LEGO Technic Truck and Show Cars model.
A rewarding building experienceLEGO builders learn basic engineering principles as they construct this super-realistic LEGO Technic replica model.
Introduce young LEGO® builders to the basics of engineering with this highly detailed LEGO Technic™ 42098 Car Transporter toy. This authentic replica model comes with a host of realistic features and functions for hours of play and design exploration. You can raise and lower the car decks and rear ramp for seamless navigation to the upper and lower levels, lock vehicles into position for safe transportation, and tilt the driver's cab to access a detailed V6 engine with moving pistons. This 2,493-piece building set also includes a blue car with working steering and V8 piston engine and is compatible in scale with the 42093 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (sold separately). It comes with a classic red, gray and black color scheme with stickers for additional detailing. Rebuild this 2-in-1 vehicle transporter to create the LEGO Technic Truck and Show Cars model.
- Car Transporter features adjustable car decks and rear ramp for loading and unloading, lock for securing vehicles during transportation and a tilting driver’s cab that gives access to a detailed V6 engine with moving pistons.
- Also includes a blue car with working steering and V8 piston engine.
- Car Transporter comes with a classic red, gray and black color scheme, plus a sticker sheet for additional detailing.
- Lower the deck, drive on board, apply the transportation lock and you're ready to roll!
- This LEGO® Technic™ toy truck set introduces LEGO builders to the basics of engineering.
- Realistic features and functions for hours of play and design exploration.
- This Car Transporter toy is compatible in scale the LEGO® Technic™ 42093 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 for extended play opportunities.
- Car Transporter measures over 8” (22cm) high, 33” (86cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- Blue car measures over 3” (8cm) high, 10” (27cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
- LEGO® Technic™ Truck and Show Cars measures over 5” (14 cm) high, 34” (87 cm) long and 5” (15 cm) wide.
- Free standard 2 to 4 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- January 19th, 2021Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great BuildDigitalears | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!This was a Christmas gift from my daughters. Took me three days (about 7 hours each day) to build. More like 3 models in one. It is a big model and I really enjoy the gears and lower able ramp and upper decks. The turning circle on the car is very large and not sure how this would be made smaller.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 3 daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Car Transporter
- October 28th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fully FunctionalValerian70 | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was on the fence about this build and then I checked the vehicle dimensions of the blue car that comes with the set and it matched the Corvette ZR1 (42093). So, I decided I was going to purchase this kit to use as a display option as well as being a model in its own right. First thing first this thing is HUGE when built. The size of the included car should have been a clue I know but the finished size meant I had to find a new location for it as no way would it fit in the space I had earmarked for it. How big is it you ask. Well on the bottom deck I have the blue car and the ZR1 and on the top deck it houses the London Bus (10258) and the VW Camper Van (10220). Yes it easily takes the weight of these larger builds and they do fit properly although they do not lock in place. Everything on this unit works and you can line the ramps up to get vehicles on and off both the trailer and the main truck. From what little I know of Car Transporters (which you could write on the back of a postage stamp and have room left over) the functionality seems to be accurate. Some new techniques were used in this build and made it hold my interest despite the huge amount of pieces you are dealing with. Although the kit comes with numbered bags it is just portioned up in to 3 sections - the car, the main truck and then the trailer. So expect lots of sorting before you can start. Even worse there are a LOT of stickers in this kit. None of them were particularly onerous to site and they do add to the look, especially on the truck cab. I spread the build over 3 days as real life intervened but I really enjoyed it the challenge. Yes, there is some repetitive work going on in this set but the designers have changed things up here and there with a different technique to get to the same end point. Definitely one of my favourites from a build point of view. Number Of Pieces: 2493 Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06 Build Time: 11.5 HoursPlay ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 11 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Car Transporter
- October 26th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Love itI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAll perfect! Wish could have more cars to be carried with. Just bought the new Corvette, think it could fit in I NEED MORE CARS!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 15 hrsWas this helpful?55Car Transporter
- August 31st, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Off to the Showroom!Brickthus | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set has great play value. The truck, trailer and separate car, each with a few functions, combine to provide fun for longer. Since the truck uses many long pieces, the model is big compared to the volume of pieces. One of the best features of this set is the ability to add more vehicles, such as 42093 Corvette. However, the extra vehicles need to engage with the arresting features of the platforms so that they don't roll off! The underside engagement location for 42093 is further forward than that of the supplied blue car, so it can be a challenge to fit the vehicles on without scraping the paintwork! I like the medium truck wheels (6 supplied) as they are like the super-wide front tyres on modern European trucks. The car wheels are great too; we have waited too long to get them as a replacement for the older Model Team wheels. What is needed is a new piece of a truck-diameter tyre for the narrower car wheel hub, so that we can make the authentic double rear wheels of trucks easily. The geometry of the truck loading functions seems to work well, 2 lifts and 2 ramps, though 42093 struggles to fit downstairs on the trailer. The single differential gear is authentic, since only heavy haulage truck have twin drive axles, though narrower rear wheels on the truck would be more realistic for a rear-steer or lifting tag axle. The new engine format, V-engines extending the straight-6 concept in Mack Anthem 42078, is great for smaller vehicles; with the irony that the car has a bigger engine than the Car Transporter truck. This keeps the previous engine blocks with larger pistons for ships and construction equipment. In the cars I would like to see opening doors in future; both the supplied car and 42093 are a bit short of functions. The steering rake could be better but this is normal for LEGO set vehicles. Perhaps the designers have a wide space to turn round in, rather than the confines of a populated house. The railing pieces, 27965 "Flex Tube 21 Module w/3.2 Hole", are new to the Technic theme. These may have possibilities in a remote control mechanism, though they would not have significant pushing torque. Pulling against a spring or belt would work. This may be a useful equivalent of the old flex system, with the advantage that a pulley could allow tighter turns than the previous flex elements and tubes; I would not recommend scraping through a beam hole for guidance, though pinching the end allows it to go through a beam hole. It looks like an 18mm or 24mm pulley would work well for turns but the smaller ones might be too tight to avoid deformation of the flex tube. I was also happy that the box was full when I opened it; 2/3 full was usual before. Using less cardboard is better for the environment and also allows limited shelf space in shops to be better stocked. As a further environmental improvement, I would like to see an alternative for the type 4 and 5 small plastic bags that are not recyclable in the UK. Could recycled Type-2 bottle materials be used? Those can be formed into a reel of material now. A real car transporter could carry up to 13 cars. This would have been interesting to build but it would not have added to the play value of the set and would have needed better car-holding features, so what we have is about right for the 11+ age group. Perhaps Adult Fans of LEGO will try building a bigger one?Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Car Transporter