The LEGO® DUPLO® 10874 Steam Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a train station, coal tipper, 2 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and a simple toy train track included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes train driver and child LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a squirrel figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, passenger carriage, 5 color-coded action bricks, train station, coal tipper, tree and 16 pieces of track.
- Accessory elements include a refueling can, suitcase, bread and a spade.
- Any toddler can start the steam train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place and move the 5 colored action bricks around the track so the train follows their instructions to sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Develop imagination and early role-play skills using the LEGO® DUPLO® figures to create endless journeys and adventures.
- Extend the play possibilities of this LEGO® DUPLO® set by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10875 Cargo Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Steam train with passenger car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Station measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- May 8th, 2020Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Not worth buyingPurchased for: SonThis train was purchased for my then 2 year old to replace the older style Duplo train that we'd had for about 4ish years that was great but had stopped working. So we had heaps of tracks including the bridge. We are not at all impressed with the new train. The batteries don't sit in properly so it doesn't work sometimes, its difficult for him to turn on (when the batteries do sit in properly), it has no power to tow one wagon up the bridge (the old one did 4 no worries) and just ends up with a frustrated child (his big brother 6 doesn't like the new train either). Even with the new features it's not worth the trouble, its hardly been used.June 3, 2020Marine, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear that, we'd love to help! Please get in touch with us directly on LEGO.build/Service-BV.Play Experience1.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money1.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?15Steam Train
- February 1st, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Great but.....Daayna |Purchased for: SonMy 3 year old loves this train but unfortunately it's also caused a lot of tears by breaking down twice within 8 weeks. With the first set we got, the sound stopped working after 2 days. Luckily we were able to get a replacement from the store we bought it from, after a lot of arguing on our part and it took 3 weeks for the replacement set get to us. 2 weeks into the new set the action bricks have now stopped working and the store won't replace it again so we either just have to live with it not really working or shell out another $99 for a whole new set. It's a shame because it's great fun and we already bought a couple of the extension options.
Response from LEGO SHOPFebruary 3, 2020Emily, Customer ServiceOh no! We're really sorry to hear that you've had a disappointing experience with your train. If your train isn't reacting to the action bricks, double-check that nothing's gotten caught in the sensor on the underside. You can also wipe the sensor off with a clean cloth (make sure you're gentle, though!). And make sure the room your son's playing in doesn't have too much light. If it's too bright, the sensor won't be able to distinguish between colors. If those tips don't do the trick, then please get in touch at LEGO.com/service. We'd be happy to help with further troubleshooting.Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Steam Train
- January 12th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0LEGO's perfect track record has ended...DaveJS |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterIn nearly 40 years and hundreds of sets, I've never had an issue with a LEGO product - until now. Such a shame. This was a Christmas present for my 2yo daughter. All was good for about a fortnight - then the speaker in the hub (the unit that drives the train and responds to the action bricks) failed. Now, when the train rolls over the action bricks - silence - which detracts from the play experience. Others have reported the same problem. I've requested a new hub from LEGO Customer Service and hope to hear from them soon. This is still a great set; I'm just disappointed that my trouble-free experience with LEGO has ended.
Response from LEGO SHOPJanuary 14, 2020Emily, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with your train. That's definitely not normal! We're glad you got in touch, though. Customer Service will be happy to help troubleshoot the issue and provide a replacement if needed.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Steam Train
- October 17th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great set , but buy extra tracksKikihero |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy boys aged 3 and 6 both really enjoy this set. I got the additional tracks and bridge. It’s easy enough for my 3 year old to help build tracks and operate the train; and my oldest likes making more complex designs. When their friends are here there’s enough for 4 kids. Both girls and boys enjoy this set. This also goes with other Duplo bricks and some vehicles fit on the tracks too, it can even be raised up off the floor. If the kids have imagination there’s lots to do with it. I haven’t had issues with it, and it goes up and down the bridge easily until batteries run low. *I would have liked a second option to get another/different train, the cargo train has been out of stock for awhile. And also an option to buy spare and different coding/function tabs would be cool. I would recomended this product.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money4.0Build Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Steam Train