Ship in a BottleShip in a Bottle4.42355170.
Get this "Blue Fury" Hot Rod FREE with purchases over $85.*
Add a nautical touch to your LEGO collection!Build the Ship in a Bottle, designed by LEGO fan Jake Sadovich.
Carry on a tradition!Capture the classic beauty of this amazing creation.
Ship includes cannons, crow’s nest, masts, printed sail elements and more.
Great for display!
Includes LEGO brick-built bottle and stand.
Authentic touches make the model!
Base includes nameplate and (non-working) compass.
Step-by-step instructions make it easy to build!
Great for fans of sailing and LEGO building!
Continue a nautical tradition when you build the LEGO® Ideas Ship in a Bottle, featuring a highly detailed ship with the captain’s quarters, cannons, masts, crow’s nest and printed sail elements. Fan creator, Jake Sadovich, was inspired by an actual ship in a bottle that he had built a few years earlier when he decided to build a replica in LEGO brick form. His creation reached the qualifying 10,000 votes with LEGO Ideas.
- Features a LEGO® brick-built bottle, ship and a display stand.
- Bottle features a detailed, buildable cork with new-for-February 2018 wax-seal-style element and over 280 translucent-blue, water-style elements inside.
- Ship features a raised deck at the stern, captain’s quarters, 6 cannons, 3 masts, a crow’s nest and assorted elements including printed sails and the ship’s flag.
- Display stand features the ship’s ‘Leviathan’ nameplate, a built-in ‘compass’ (non-functioning) with detailed compass rose and spinning gold-colored needle, 2 globe elements and gold-colored detailing.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator Jake Sadovich and LEGO® designers.
- This construction toy is suitable for ages 10+.
- Bottle on stand measures over 3" (10cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep.
- Ship measures over 3" (8cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
- Free standard 2-3 business day shipping on all merchandise orders over $35!
- Express shipping available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- May 28th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0It's got a lotta bottle this set!MBucko84 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGreat build! Really really great build.. I was intrigued about this set since I saw the finished Lego design, at first I was a little hesitant as the price is fairly high but I guess that is partly due to the re-launch of the 4 big corner sections of the bottle (last seen in the 90's I believe) However I bit the bullet and got to the Lego store on release day and made a purchase.. and man oh man am I glad that I did! It's amazing! It really looks like a real bottle. The build starts with the ship itself, a very nice and smaller representation of the one originally submitted to the ideas team.. yes it's alot smaller and yes it has less details than the original but it's downscale is due to the fact it had to be smaller to fit inside the bottle and the details would have pushed the price up even further. After the ship the bottle is constructed, the base of the bottle has to be my favourite part of the whole build, it's complex but also an entertaining experience.. the walls of the bottle are then built up and midway the ship is placed inside on 4 jumper plates which is very very fiddly and required a fair amount of patience, the 286 trans blue 1x1 water studs are also added at this stage, the neck and cork and the shoulders are then attached to the rest of the bottle and this is the most satisfying part, lastly the stand is made, it is a fairly straightforward build and divided into 5 sections, the middle of the stand which houses the compass which is beautiful and reminds me of the Big Ben clock elements from a couple of years ago.. the front of the stand also has a 2x4 printed plate with the ships name in a classic nautical Rope style then the 4 corners of the stand are made and connect to the rest of the base. The final part is placing 2 decorative globes on the stand at each end and that's the end of the build. It truly is a feast for the eyes this, and it's a bit larger than I first thought to be honest! I know it had to be scaled down and in my opinion I'm glad it has been because at £70 it's an expensive set as it is.. also the fact that this includes some beautiful printed pieces (Wax Seal, ship sails, globes etc) is another welcome sight. Theres also some nice new pieces in the form of 4 4x4 plates with a quarter circle cut out. So there you have it.. it's a beautiful set and as a display piece it is absolutely perfect (this is purely a display set, there's no playset stuff here,, this one is for the AFOLS) It looks even better when displayed with the old fishing store.. only thing really letting it down is its price but a few VIP points can easily fix that problem. Thankyou Lego and a big thankyou to the fan designer for making this beauty a reality, once again reminding me why the ideas range is my favourite.Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ship in a Bottle
- December 26th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great activity for Mum & DadDannii | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThe ship in a bottle was clearly designed for a couple, when you need to build at least two of everything. It was brought as a gift and my partner and I sat down for 3 hours and spent some quiet time helping to piece it together. I did not believe it was possible for 921 pieces to come out of something that looked so easy, but you got me. What I also found challenging was the clear Lego pieces, which all had to be built to make the base of the bottle. Silly me thought it came in larger blocks. But we had fun and it was well worth the money. My only problem is I have children who will destroy it and I'm unsure about taking it all apart just to glue it together or not.March 8, 2018Samantha, Customer ServiceI’m really glad to hear that you and your partner are enjoying this set! Sounds like it allowed for a few solid hours of quality time, which is always great. This set was designed for display not for playability in mind. We don’t recommend ever introducing adhesives to the brick. Over time the ingredients in those substances could potentially disrupt the integrity of the brick. I would recommend to keep this set high up or on a shelf available for display.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Novice LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ship in a Bottle
- July 14th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Nice little set.Camsterthx | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfNice set to display near the tv. Only took a couple of hours with drink breaks to build. Mine seems to have a cracken infestation.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ship in a Bottle
- February 21st, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Ahoy there me ‘artiesBrickcapecrusader | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfToday I bring you some swashbuckling fun with LEGO ideas set 21313, the ship in a bottle. This set retails for $119.99AU, and weighs in at 962 pieces. I have always wanted to build a ship in a bottle, but never had the time. This creation makes it fairly simple to create a beautiful display piece. Positives of this set: 1. The end result is a truly beautiful display piece, that could sit pride of place on any display shelf, and make an interesting conversation piece for guests 2. This set has no sticker sheet!! This is a huge plus in my opinion, with the relatively few bricks that may have required stickers all being printed. The compass and globes in particular are lovely parts, and I am quite grateful to not have to be applying a perfectly centred sticker 3. The base with it’s included compass, shows you some interesting building techniques 4. The box art is beautiful, and takes you straight to the ocean Down sides to this set for me were: 1. The price point is fairly high for the number of pieces, and 248 of those pieces are clear light blue studs that create the ocean inside the bottle 2. The ship itself could be a little more detailed, I will have to try and fiddle with this at some stage to see if I can improve upon this kit and create something that feels like a more robust model ship 3. When your hands are big, putting that bottle together is a real fiddle 4. Playability is fairly low due to the model being fragile, this is definitely more of a display piece. Overall:3/5 Value for money: 3/5 Playability: 1/5 Build: 4/5Play ExperienceAverage rating1out of 5 stars1.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?35Ship in a Bottle