Enjoy an immense build and play experience with the LEGO® Technic™ 42082 Rough Terrain Crane, our largest and tallest LEGO Technic crane to date, pre-August 2018. Activate the Power Functions and select upper or lower crane mode for complete control over an array of easy‑to‑operate, motorized functions. Lower the stabilizer legs, rotate the superstructure through 360°, operate the lifting winch or send the extendable boom a meter into the air. Manual functions include 4-wheel steering, 4-wheel drive, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and fan, and adjustable wing mirrors, plus a detailed operator’s cab with an opening door. This amazing model also includes 2 opening compartments with tools, chains and a fire extinguisher, plus 4 outrigger landing plates and 4 LEGO Technic building sections that can be lifted and assembled. This 2‑in‑1 LEGO Technic set comes with a red and black color scheme and can be rebuilt to create a Mobile Pile Driver.
- Features a LEGO® Power Functions large motor for controlling the cranes upper and lower functions.
- Select upper and lower crane mode for complete control over an array of easy-to-operate, motorized functions. Lower the stabilizer legs, rotate the superstructure through 360°, operate the lifting winch or send the extendable boom a meter into the air!
- Manual functions include 4-wheel steering, 4-wheel drive, detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and fan, adjustable wing mirrors and an opening cab door.
- Hook up the included LEGO® Technic building sections and put your LEGO crane operator skills to the test!
- Open the door to access the detailed operator’s cab.
- Open the storage compartments to access the chains, tools and fire extinguisher.
- Comes with a red and black color scheme.
- This LEGO® Technic™ Set is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- The largest and tallest LEGO® Technic™ crane to date—pre-August 2018—with more than 4,050 pieces.
- 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic™ Set: rebuilds into a Mobile Pile Driver.
- Rough Terrain Crane measures over 39” (100cm) high, 25” (66cm) long and 10” (26cm) wide in working position, and over 10” (27cm) high, 29” (76cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide in driving position.
- Mobile Pile Driver measures over 9” (24cm) high, 19” (50cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide in driving position.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- November 12th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Excellent and great engineering! ...however...Antonio123 | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have mixed feelings on this review. I do feel the kit is wonderful, very colorful and an absolutely amazing piece of engineering and design. Having built the Taj Mahal, the Millenium Falcon, the Liehber Excavator, the Star Destroyer, both the Bugatti Chiron and the Lambo Sian and the Grand Piano among a whole other bunch of multi thousand brick kits, this one stands very high in my list of favorites. For the pandemic situation we are living, Legos have been a breath of fresh air and have helped my wife and I, go through it and keep sane. I consider Lego to be excellent kits in helping people that, like me, due to health issues, have been impaired from performing more physically demanding activities. The reason I feel so ambivalent in this review is that, as I explained earlier, it is magnificent. However, and here is the catch, instead of being a stress reliever, it became a stressful build! Since I opened the box to sort numerically the parts bags, I found that bag 11, one of them, was not properly sealed and the elements were loose inside the box. That is a red flag, one telling me that parts may or may not be missing! So, I emptied the box and placed all loose parts inside bag 11 and taped it shut, to deal with it on its due time. I have no way to do a full parts inventory since not all parts are showed on the parts list at the end of the instruction book. A little bit concerned on what was I to do in this case, I tried Customer Support phone. It happens that Puerto Rico area code 787, does not have access to the 800 Customer Support and we can only communicate via Email, protocol that as we know, is slow and tedious due to the high activity Lego Customer Support is having. Not even chat is available and has not been probably since last year, understandable to certain degree, because of the high activity, but no to be used as an excuse by Lego! Since my experience with missing parts has been “manageable” in other kits, and considering I have a small stash of parts from upgrades and MOC’s, I decided to get started building my kit. Long behold, bag 3, missing a part, available in my stash so not a problem. Bag 4, another couple of parts, again, I had them in stock. By now, my frustration is still manageable and the build can go on. Then, on bag 10, 4 missing parts, two not available in my stash, so I ordered them. I am still happy with my kit and decide that, while these parts arrive, usually in 10-15 days, I could keep building other sections. Now, the dreaded bag 11! This is when I blew a gasket! In the first couple of pages, I was missing over 15 parts! I start ordering and the return message was that my orders could not be fulfilled because they did no pass the automatic validation check, call Customer Support! How? There is no support for us! Well, I did send an email, actually more than one, and due to the parts missing situation, I have a beautiful, expensive, engineering marvel, sitting in my workbench and I don’t know how long it will take for me to finish it. I provided a couple of suggestions: send me bags 11 or I return the kit 2/3 done and they ship me another one! I have read this dreadful reviews on people complaining on missing parts, but never in my wildest thoughts, I believed it to be this bad! Lego has an excellent Quality Assurance process. But it seems to be unable to keep up with what the say are very busy times. The fact that this kit is missing so many parts; the error on shipping a kit with a poorly sealed bag of parts and the other issue with Customer Service phone not supported, is not only disturbing, but annoying! Don't get me wrong, I love Lego kits and this is, I hope, an isolated instance that was caused, maybe, due to the rush they are having. Again, as much as I can understand, It does not make me any happy. On the objective side, the parts I have already assembled, the kit fills all my expectations. It is colorful and challenging. The instruction books are sometimes hard to understand, but that is why the kit is to be built by older kids and us, the golden age adults and experience builders. That improvements can be made in the manuals? Of course, but they have to keep quality, affordability and cost effectiveness as much as help us grow our knowledge and expertise in comprehending and interpreting instructions. This last is what differs expert builder from novice building. I hope my situation can get resolved soon since I have more kits to build, Xmas decorations are around the corner and this is a very busy time for my wife and I. Happy Holidays to all! Antonio12 November 2020Jayare, Customer ServiceHi there. While we're happy to hear you're enjoying the design and engineering of the set, we're saddened that you've encountered as many issues as you have. Having this many missing pieces is incredibly rare but we understand when it happens and try our best to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. As you know, if you ever come across this issue again you can request the parts you need for free on our service website. We hope you're able to get back to building soon and we thank you for your incredible feedback!Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Rough Terrain Crane
- January 6th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Holiday JoyRols | 55-64I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI received the LEGO Rough Terrain Crane as a combined birthday/Christmas gift from my wife. On Boxing Day I started with book 1 and finished a week later - 2.3 hrs a day = 16 hrs total time. Absolutely enjoyed every moment of it even at my age. Very professional toy - well designed, easy to follow instructions for such a complex piece of engineering genius. The perfection of the LEGO mould fits together beautifully.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 16 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Rough Terrain Crane
- September 18th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Simply epicIanRowley1994 | 19-24I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis has to be one of the best sets ever. The most overwhelming thing is just how easy and user friendly the controls are, especially the steering which is so light and so well designed to move such a large vehicle. This beats all previous cranes, including 42009, hands down.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 11 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Rough Terrain Crane
- January 31st, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Amazing Set, Great Functionality!Powersurge2005 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a challenging and fun build. I worked on it a couple hours each night 2 weeks. The separate gear boxes for the upper and lower portions were a nice twist. It is a very fun model to play with. All the power functions run smoothly with the only exception being with the boom all away extended there is some jerking in the right and left rotation but it is minimal. The hook on this crane is sturdier compared to the crawler Crane grappler, although I think they still lift a similar load.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 15 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Rough Terrain Crane