Item 1 of 1
Item 1 of 1
LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
Get the Charles Dickens Tribute as a gift with purchases over 150 €.*Learn more
Add even more power to your LEGO® Power Functions! Use the LEGO Power Functions AAA Battery Box to energize your creations with more power than ever before! Features a control switch on the box.
- Features a control switch on the box
- Powers 2 XL-Motors or 4 M-Motors at once
- Same size as #8878 LEGO® Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box
- Requires 6 AAA (1.5V) batteries, not included
79% would recommend this product.
Value for Money
- January 19th, 2016Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Battery Box!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI just got this for Christmas with my 60052 Cargo Train. I have to say that this battery box is amazing. It works great and I have had no problems with it. It works on my train and is helping power it. It has a long battery life and is very snug just like a regular brick but you'd expect that from LEGO with their amazing clutch power. HOWEVER, I do not like the fact that this uses six batteries to power it. I am getting a little annoyed that it uses up my batteries (And money!) but hey if it's enough to make it work, I'll take it! If I get more trains or sets that can be motorized, I will definitely buy this separately with the other power functions.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- October 23rd, 2012Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Ok, but what does the orange switch do?MrTwibi |I would recommend this to a friend!I agree with many of you that the box is a little too big. To build in in trains is quite difficult when you build it inside. For example in the tender of the emerald night, it is all open and visible. For the hogwards express I tried to make something similar, which turned out to be difficult because of the size (combined with the connectors and the power cables going to motors and lights everywhere :-). But it functions all right, and it does what is has to do! I wonder however... what is the orange switch on top for? I tried to reverse my motor with it, but that didn't work. I'll have to figure this out, but it isn't obvious what it's for.Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money3.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- December 26th, 2014Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Battery Box not working?I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonGot this battery box with the High speed train(60051) and had a similar problem as a previous reviewer. Swopped Duracell battery's for Energizer and it sprung into life. Contact points on Duracell seem to have a slightly greater circumference and don't seat well into the box. My little boy loves the train and has been playing with it for hours. I loved helping him build it too:)Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
- November 25th, 2014Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Design Defect?gan777 |This item came with the 60052 Cargo Train set I bought for my boys. When I put new batteries in, it would not work at all. I looked closer and see the metal contacts for the battery top posts are recessed too far and the batteries cannot make contact. I put a small piece of aluminum foil in the recessed hole before putting in each battery and it works perfectly fine. I am using Duracell batteries so it isn't a low quality battery problem. Perhaps I just got one from a bad batch? Or have others experienced this same problem?16 December 2014Nicholas, Technical Product Specialist, LEGO® Consumer ServicesThank you very much for providing us with this feedback. Our technical teams are looking into the reason why this happened to your battery box. We can say that we have discovered that Duracell brand batteries have a slightly shorter than normal positive output which prevent it from coming into contact with the metal contact plates inside the battery box. Try swapping out your Duracell batteries with another brand, that should fix the issue. If you are still having trouble give our customer service representatives a call, they will be happy to help you. Thank you again for your feedback.Play Experience3.0Value for Money3.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?35LEGO® Power Functions AAA Battery Box
Shop more like this: