BOOST Creative ToolboxBOOST
Temporarily out of stock
Get a LEGO® McLaren Elva as a gift with purchases over $109*Learn more
Bring your LEGO® creations to life with the new LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox—a fun and easy way for your 7+ builder to learn the basics of coding, engineering and robotics. Simply choose one of the 5 models available with the BOOST set, download the free, easy-to-use app and you’re ready to go! Choose between Vernie the Robot—a moving, talking robot; the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)—a robust, versatile rover with 4 different tool attachments including a spring-loaded shooter; the Guitar4000—a musical instrument with pitch bend and sound effects; Frankie the Cat—an interactive robot pet that plays, purrs and expresses its mood; or the AutoBuilder—an automated production line that really builds miniature LEGO models! Then bring your creation to life with the app’s intuitive, icon-based coding interface and complete an array of exciting activities designed for each model. With LEGO BOOST, children learn about loops and variables, improve STEM and creative-problem solving skills and develop their imagination as they toggle between guided and open-ended play. The more activities you complete, the more coding blocks you unlock! The LEGO BOOST app is available for selected iOS, Android and Kindle smart devices. Please go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of all compatible devices. The app offers regular updates with new challenges and coding options designed to encourage social play.
- Includes a LEGO® Motorized Hub, additional Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor, plus more than 840 LEGO pieces for building and rebuilding any of 5 multifunctional models.
- Code Vernie the Robot to dance, shoot the target, beatbox, use his hockey stick or even play a game.
- Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and choose from a selection of tools and customization attachments to complete missions or battle against other rovers.
- Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000.
- Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat. Be sure to feed it the right food, or it might get upset!
- Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models.
- Build and code robots and models, and complete over 60 exciting activities included in the LEGO® BOOST App. Building instructions for all 5 models are only available with the free LEGO BOOST app, available for selected iOS, Android and Kindle smart devices. The app offers regular updates that include new challenges and coding options, and encourages social play.
- Real coding transformed into an intuitive and easy to use drag-and-drop coding interface, suitable for all aged 7+. Learn about loops and variables, and develop your STEM skills, creative-problem solving and imagination by toggling between guided and open-ended play.
- Step-by-step challenges suitable for starting levels that help you progress and increase your coding skills.
- Combine with the LEGO® City 60194 Arctic Scout Truck to control and drive the vehicle! Use the LEGO BOOST app to operate the forklift, examine samples with the color sensor, help the whale back into the water and much more, for an interactive experience like never before!
- Combine with LEGO® NINJAGO® 70652 Stormbringer and set the Lightning Dragon free! Use the LEGO BOOST app to control the fearsome beast, fire the shooters, create a color-sensing ejector seat and much more!
- This product requires batteries (not included).
- Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices.
- This set features Digital Building Instructions. Now it’s easy to follow the steps on your mobile device or download a PDF of the printed building guide. Click the Building Instructions button at the bottom of this page to find and download the instructions.
- October 21st, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fantastic SetI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonThe entire family are huge Lego fans. We did a Mindstorms class at LegoLand FL last year and was looking forward for something like this to arrive for my son. He is 8 years old and is a massive Lego fanatic. He built and coded Vernie the robot almost completely by himself. I rarely review Lego sets but the Lego Boost set warrants it. It is absolutely fantastic. We have an Ipad at home so we didn't have any issues with the app. Every aspect of this set has worked flawlessly for us. It isn't a cheap set but, in my opinion, it is well worth the money. It teaches kids basic coding and I think that's important for the future. I am really impressed. I hope that there will be more Lego Boost sets in the future. My son has not stopped raving about it and can't wait to continue coding Vernie and eventually move on to one of the other 4 builds that can be built with this set. 5 stars the whole way!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BOOST Creative Toolbox
- August 10th, 2017Average rating1out of 5 stars1.0Poor implementationPurchased for: SelfI had really high hopes for this set to help get my younger children more involved with robotics. Unfortunately, I have $300 invested (including the new tablet that I purchased just to support this) and it still does not work. I reached out to Lego support and unfortunately for now the answer is wait for an app update. I will only wait so long until I decide I would rather spend my $300 on a different set. This would be the only Lego set that I have ever returned and unfortunately may be a stain on the great Lego quality standards that I have grown accustomed to. I hope the app team can get things turned around as this would be a waste of great potential.17 August 2017Haley - Consumer Service Specialist, Consumer ServicesIt’s great to hear that you’d like to get your younger builders interested and familiar with coding and robotics! LEGO® BOOST is the perfect introductory tool for learning coding in a fun and intuitive way. I’m very sorry that you were experiencing some technical issues with the app! I’m glad you were able to reach out to our customer service team for some assistance. The most recent updates that our team mentioned have gone live over the weekend of August 11th, so we do hope that this has helped to solve the problems your family was running into! We’re constantly improving and updating the app to ensure the smoothest and most enjoyable building and coding experience. Please reach out to our Service team if the problems persist. Otherwise, have so much fun coding and playing with your family’s new robot!Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?15BOOST Creative Toolbox
- July 19th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0First time I've felt compelled to reviewDarkyP85 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI've been playing with Lego since I could first hold the bricks. I have been collecting advanced kits for years, and though disillusioned at times, I've continued to come back. When I first saw this, I dismissed it as a lazy cash grab. But I did some research, and snapped it up on an awesome sale ($AUD120!). My three year old has been slowly chipping away at it, built the tutorial bot, just finished the body of Vernie. It's exceedingly hard for him, but he's loving every minute of it, as am I. This is a really fun way to do Lego. The coding is intuitive, the build is fun, and now that he has gone to bed, I'm really struggling to not finish it off without him! I just really wanted to say thanks for delivering something so fresh. For though I continue to collect the modular buildings, that feels more like an obligation, whereas this, this reignites the spark! Kudos to the whole team, really good job. Can't wait to see what comes next for Boost, consider me a convert!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BOOST Creative Toolbox
- July 26th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Instant engagement.JediRob |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterMy daughter, now 8, is lucky. She was born LEGO rich. Her dad (me) is an AFOL. That said, she has not, until today, really shown an intense interest in building. At most, she would spend maybe 20 minutes on a set, then push the unfinished project in her parts bin. Not today. I installed the batteries, and over the course of four hours only had to assist with a few stiff technic pins and tires. She loved the ability to get things moving nearly out of the box. This purchase is worth every penny, and then some.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BOOST Creative Toolbox