Discover the architectural secrets of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®. This accurately detailed LEGO® model faithfully recreates the curves and distinctive lines that have made this building an architectural icon for the last half-century. The simple, grid-patterned facade of the annex tower complements the main building with its circular rotundas, while buildable exterior elements depict a section of New York City’s 5th Avenue Museum Mile, complete with its signature yellow cabs. The Guggenheim sign, featuring Wright’s architectural lettering, has also been recreated in a similar typeface to heighten the authenticity of the model. This LEGO Architecture model has been designed to deliver a rewarding building experience for all with an interest in architecture, travel, history and design, and is suitable for display in the home and office.
- Build a detailed model of New York City’s architectural icon!
- Includes Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous rotunda, the 8-story annex tower and 5th Avenue Museum Mile with scaled yellow cabs
- Includes collectible booklet containing information about the design, architecture and history of the building
- LEGO Architecture building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The museum is over 4” high, 7” wide and 5” deep
- 744 pieces – For boys and girls over 12 years old
- July 17th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Another amazing set, love it!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis set is stunning, another set as unique as Falling Water, same architect, so amazing. I put this set together not expecting much, I was so wrong. This is worth the time. Whoever designed it in LEGO, you did great! My only complaint was the box was messed up causing parts to fall out. It is on display with some Technic planes.Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money3.0Build Time: 3 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- August 13th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Fifth Avenue, First Class!jezzafox |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis is a superb Lego set. Building it was a bit of a challenge as there are so many small parts and unless totally concentrating, easy to make a mistake. The final result is very satisfying, a beautiful building. If I were to make any improvements, one would be the roof which in the model is a solid colour whereas the actual building has a transparent one. I imagine Lego opted for the solid colour to hide the interior. On the plus side, the museum name is on printed elements. It would have been a disappointment had they been on stickers. On mine the lettering is not parallel but that's a minor quibble. It is a bit too expensive but that seems to be the way for the Architecture series.Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money3.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- April 13th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Museum WorthyI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was excited when I saw that The Guggenheim Museum was being released with a new LEGO Architecture set. I am a big Frank Lloyd Wright fan, and to say I was disappointed in the previous version of the Guggenheim, would be an understatement. It always seemed oddly proportioned. I realize that the designers are limited by brick shapes, and budget constraints, especially with a round building, but that set was a let down. The new set is amazing. Every element of the design is light years beyond the previous one. The build is challenging, and it is fun to see the details as they emerge. Little quirks in the build, reveal themselves to be design elements that are almost hidden, unless you look closely. There are also the witty design elements that fit for the Guggenheim. The yellow taxi's and the white grills which represent cross walks, all fit into the New York theme. When done, the design is cohesive and proportional. Though it is impossible to achieve the spiral ramp element of FLLW's architecture, the gradual step out of the curved floors suggests it in a modern way. This set is definitely in my top five fave within the Architecture series. It gets pride of place on my LEGO shelf. I call this set Museum Worthy, because it is a set worthy of the Museum it represents.Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 5 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®
- March 31st, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0GuggenheimI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfNot sure why this wasn't pre-date sale to members pre-April 1. Went to toysrus and got it 3/30. Really really nice set, very classy, especially for adult builders, great addition to my 20+ arch. collection. Hope you bring back others you have retired a couple of years back.Build Time: 1 days 2 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®