Backorders accepted, will ship in 60 days
The LEGO® DUPLO® Cargo Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a harbor, boat, café, loading station, 2 cranes, 3 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and lots of cool track pieces included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes cargo train driver, captain, and shopkeeper LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a seagull figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, 2 cargo trucks with tipping function, 5 color-coded action bricks, harbor area with small crane and boat, large crane, café, loading/unloading station and 24 pieces of track including switches, hills, a crossing and stops.
- Accessory elements include a gas pump, coffee machine, cup, chocolate bar, milk bottle, fishing net, bread, bananas, parcel, cash register, wrench, fish and a menu.
- Any toddler can start the train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place the 5 colored action bricks and move them around the track to make the train sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Help your child load and unload the tipping cargo containers using the moving crane.
- Push the train to send it towards the harbor and collect the fish from the boat.
- Enjoy shop role-play with your child as the train driver stops for lunch at the café.
- Extend the play possibilities by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child's existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Try floating the little boat in the bath! WARNING: The locomotive and batteries must NOT be placed in or used near water.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10874 Steam Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Cargo Train with cargo trucks measures over 3” (10cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- Station measures over 7” (18cm) high, 5” (15cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep.
- Large crane measures over 13” (35cm) high, 6” (16cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep.
- Boat measures over 6” (17cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide.
- June 14th, 2020Average rating2out of 5 stars2.0Fairly disappointedTommyP |Purchased for: SonWe bought the previous set for our first son about 7 years ago. It was absolutely brilliant. Battery lasts many many weeks. It was well designed, providing great fun for 3-4 year old. It is still working and he has had great memories with us playing with this set. We decided to buy this new set for our 2nd son. To have his own, and merging the two sets together. What a great disappointment. Firstly, th battery life is less than 2 weeks. Absolute shocker for you to make something in these important ECO times. So you want thousands of parents to chuck 4 batteries in the bin, every 2 weeks? You couldn't do a rechargeable pack? After 6 weeks playing, the train is already making clicking noise, indicating something has broken or worn inside. We are trying to return to store. The build is extremely simple, much simpler than previous - crane consists of 4 or 5 parts. Not much fun to put together. It is still nice set but for the money I wouldn't recommend. Despite the sensors and camera, it feel like regression on fun big time from previous set.2 July 2020Emily, Customer ServiceWe're sorry to hear that you were disappointed in this train. While we don't make a rechargeable battery pack for it, rechargeable batteries will work A-Okay. As for the clicking, we'd first recommend double-checking that nothing's caught in the wheels (dust, hair, etc.) If they're all clear and the train's still making noise, please get in touch at LEGO.build/Service-BV.Play Experience2.0Value for Money2.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?25Cargo Train
- January 9th, 2021Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great fun but be wary of....Arnie |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMt 3 yr old has the cargo train, a couple of bridge expansions and a town expansion set, its genuinely good fun however some things need improved a added: 1. If you have the cargo train with its 2 carriages and decide to buy the bridge expansion set the train will really struggle hard to go up it in reverse especially if its just come round a corner.. However, it struggles even more if the train is set in motion of the app and not from a push off where it hesitates but manages. Its like the app does not let the train get to pull speed (and im using new lithium batteries) 2. Another blue action block and a light block would be nice. Since the light block only turns the light on or off, if you go through a tunnel then on its second pass itll switch the light off going through. (You can however make action blocks from shiny coloured card) 3. Add a toot block to the town expansion , what fun is a stop block... none really not for a 3 yr old. 4. If youre using the app and switch to a message or perhaps a camera to record your kid on your phone ittl drop the connectivity and stop the train, and you have to go through all the palaver again to connect. 5. Trains quite difficult to set in motion from a push and I find my kid will destroy half the track doing it, i get that its fancy but whats wrong with a switch. 6. Know what would be good aside from the app. The option of a little bluetooth control unit But overall its really funPlay Experience5.0Level of Difficulty3.0Value for Money3.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Cargo Train
- November 5th, 2019Average rating4out of 5 stars4.04.5 stars/bricks, great fun but not perfectI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonBought this as a birthday gift for my 2-yr old; while it's something he will get into, but he already love it. I can hardly think of a toy better than a motor-train set that allows re-builtability and creativity, and will provide countless hours of fun for both children and parents. Pros: 1. decent value: though a more expensive set, you get a motor-train (which works quite well and seems to be well-built, mobile apps works well), 2 extra cargo train cars (i think train should at least have 3 sections to be fun), command bricks (which are pretty cool and extend playability) a floating boat, and a crane... 2. some fun accessories and bricks. 3. Good playability, allowing imaginary play: gas pump, a cafe, dumping containers, 2 operable cranes...etc 4. Fun now, and fun later: While not understanding all of it, my son is already loving it, and the inclusion of command bricks, mobile app, and just train-set in general, will make this set well worth the investment. Things that I wish were better: 1. Motor car not movable without battery: we were hoping to use this as a push train until he's ready, but found out after opening the box that the wheels on the motor-train are not movable/playable - also means with dead batteries this car would be unmovable. We wish there's a way to unlock the wheels. Also while the manual push start/stop option works, it's a bit jerky. not a huge problem but I hope it will survive the roughness of kids. 2. Options for light/sound: I wish there's a way to make the sound different, or just louder, esp the horn. As for the light, a mini game within the mobile app shows the LED has different colours, but it doesn't seem like the default white light can be changed for regular play. Provide options will extend playability, esp. when kids are older. 3. Overly simplified bricks - I understand that Duplo is supposed to be simple, but perhaps it's been taken a little too far. For example, the big crane leg is each made of a one big a-frame piece; it can easily be 3 or 5 pieces (which seems to be the case for older sets), while still maintaining the "special pieces" look, and allow more creativity in the future. This comment can maybe be said about all duplo/lego sets, and perhaps it's a reflection of user feedback. Hopefully Lego will see that not everyone prefers with giant, special pieces. 4. So-so design for some sets: the café isn't the best design, and i think a mini-dock will be nice for the boat. 5. a few additional tracks will probably go a long way as the loop included is rather small. we bought set 10882 for more tracks, and together they make a pretty decent network. Some areas to improve on, but i would still recommend this for any kid/parent who like to build and rebuild and create!Play Experience4.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 18 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Cargo Train
- May 4th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Engine is fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonPurchased the set for 2 year old. He loves the engine. The engine really makes the set and is a huge value add. The action bricks are a fun addition. I've built the set a few times now and it goes together quickly. The kids love it and play is a blast!Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 5 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Cargo Train