Triwizard Tournament dragon challengeWith rival students to outsmart and a Hungarian Horntail dragon to defeat, the golden egg is a well-deserved prize.
Harry Potter™ and the Goblet of Fire™ adventuresYoung witches and wizards can challenge one of the most dangerous dragons in the wizarding world to retrieve the golden egg.
LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge
Fiery and fearsome
Will Harry overcome the ferocious fire-breathing dragon?
Mysterious golden egg
Get past the Hungarian Horntail to discover the golden egg.
Opening champion’s tent
Rival students wait their turn in the buildable pavilion
Quick to build, many ways to playA fun and versatile set that inspires open-ended imaginative role-play.
Includes 4 minifiguresHarry Potter™, Fleur Delacour, Cedric Diggory and Viktor Krum, plus accessories
Give your young Harry Potter™ fan the chance to battle one of the most dangerous dragons in the wizarding world. The LEGO® Harry Potter 75946 Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge is a gift for kids filled with magical adventures. Anyone aged 8 and over will love helping Harry compete against rival students from other schools of magic, as they strive to retrieve the mysterious golden egg. But that's not all. There's a Hungarian Horntail dragon to defeat! With its moveable limbs and wings, it'll take quick-thinking wizardry to outmaneuver this ferocious beast. With 4 minifigures included, this Harry Potter LEGO dragon set will inspire endless imaginative adventures.
- Includes 4 new-for-June-2019 LEGO® Harry Potter™ minifigures: Harry Potter, Fleur Delacour, Cedric Diggory and Viktor Krum, each with their own wand.
- This hot Harry Potter™ toy features a posable Hungarian Horntail dragon with flames in its mouth and movable limbs and wings, plus a buildable opening tent for the champions to wait their turn in the Triwizard Tournament, as seen in the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire™ movie. All characters have wands, and inside the tent is a bed, 2 cups, a small shelf and potion bottle.
- Also includes Harry’s Firebolt racing broomstick, a rocky environment containing the golden egg, and a chain to attach the dragon.
- Hungarian Horntail with wings open measures over 2” (7cm) high, 10” (27cm) long and 13” (34cm) wide.
- The tent (closed) measures over 2” (7cm) high, 8” (10cm) wide and 2” (7cm) deep.
- The tent (opened) measures over 2” (7cm) high, 5” (14cm) wide and 1” (5cm) deep.
- Free standard 4 to 6 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 55 €!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- June 13th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Well made, some issuesJaymarvel | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI've been building for 14 years so this might be overly critical, but: Received this as a gift for my birthday- decent box. Minifigs are good, particularly Cedric. The dragon is rather bird-like and small, but highly posable while maintaining good structure, decent strength in the joints which is often an issue with animal builds. the Tent felt like an unnecessary addition to post the price, I would have rather seen it's pieces go to the dragon. New broomstick build has potential, I think it's a decent size but the kickstand isn't fixed and spins around.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 45 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge
- July 9th, 2019Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A GREAT toy, a fair display modelHPfan15 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfSo, I was a bit wary purchasing this set at first (judging from the 3.0 rating it started with on here), but I actually really like it! I debated over giving it 5 or 4 stars, but the value for the money is really good, and the champion minifigures are gorgeous, so I decided on a 5.0 rating It's very playable. The dragon isn't the most accurate representation, but it is extremely well-articulated, does not fall apart and is fun to play with. (I'm also assuming that LEGO did the articulated model because the budget for this set is smaller, and the moulded animals usually cost a lot.) The figures are awesome, and the gold egg is too. I love that we get all four champions in their dragon-gear (I've been using other dragons from different sets so each campion has his/her own dragon to fight. (You can also just change out some of the colors on this model to give yourself some variety.) Lastly, the tent. It's a little plain, but we get some nice furniture builds, and it is fairly accurate. It's a nice addition, especially because you can have Hermione, Dumbledore and Madame Maxime (from the other sets) interact with Harry and Fleur before the challenge. I would also recommend mixing this set with the Qudditch one (linked below). I believe the Quidditch field was used for this challenge in the books and movies. But the play features of the Quidditch towers mixed with the dragon give you a lot of ways for the dragon to terrorize the audience and for the champions to jump through and dodge the dragon. Overall, I think this is a really good value for the money and I would definitely recommend it! Again, I was really torn over whether to give this four or five stars, but because of the minifigures, and the reasonable price, I'm leaning towards 5.Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge
- May 30th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0GreatBrickafdsgfghgjhjh | 14-18I would recommend this to a friend!Very fun set you can play with the set and create a story.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 40 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge
- August 29th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great dragon setSandalThong | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!This is the 2nd Hungarian Horntail set (the first #4767 was from 2005). This set has a much better poseable dragon made from many pieces, whereas the previous had a solid body and legs. It has a similar number of pieces and price. This set contains all 4 Triwizard champion Minifigs (Fleur and Cedric were not in any sets in 2005, so I made my own). I look forward to getting some blue pieces to change it out and make a Swedish Short-Snout (Cedric's dragon). The first set had more action in the form of a catapult launching Harry's broom, collapsible stands as the dragon breaks loose, and a magnet for a minifig to hold and capture the golden egg. It looks like it has more pieces, but it's taken up by 4 big rock panels and 1 dragon body. Once out of print, it became expensive, including its unique pieces, like a peg-leg Mad-Eye Moody (A Moody was in the 2018 Collectible Minifigures: Harry Potter). If you like dragons and/or Harry Potter, then this is a set to get.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge