Kids who love the sea and its wildlife will love this LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Base (60265) playset. There’s lots of fun to be had exploring the coral-covered ocean or chilling out inside the base with its interchangeable living and research modules. And with a cool toy crane, docking submarine and underwater drone, plus shark and stingray figures and a 5 strong team of explorer minifigures, there's plenty of excitement for kids to discover!
An immersive building experience
You'll find easy to follow building instructions for this 5+ LEGO® City toy in the box. Or you hop online and download Instructions PLUS, part of the LEGO Building Instructions app for smartphones and tablets. This interactive building guide, with amazing zoom and rotate viewing tools, quickly turns budding LEGO builders into master builders!
Cool exploration toy for kids
LEGO City is proud to support the work of National Geographic Explorers. And with feature-rich buildings, cool vehicles and fun characters our Ocean playsets inspire realistic play scenarios for budding explorers.
- Kids can dive deep into imaginative underwater adventures with this amazing LEGO® City (60265) Ocean Exploration Base playset. It has all kids need for a fun and rewarding play experience.
- What’s In the box? A toy ocean exploration base with interchangeable living and research modules, plus a docking submarine, underwater drone, 5 researcher minifigures and shark and stingray figures.
- The LEGO® City Ocean Exploration Base features interchangeable living and research modules and a docking submarine with movable inspection arms, spinning propeller and opening cockpit with room for two minifigures.
- Looking for cool toys for kids aged 5+? This playset makes a great Christmas, birthday or any-other-day present for LEGO® City fans and kids who love to role-play. Requires only very basic building skills.
- When built, the exploration base measures over 7” (20cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 5” (15cm) deep, while the underwater drone measures over 1" (3cm) high, 2" (6cm) long and 1" (3cm) wide.
- Does it need batteries? No, this construction set is powered by small kids with big imaginations – simply open the bags of LEGO® bricks and the play can start right away!
- This building set comes with a printed building guide and Instructions PLUS – an interactive construction guide for budding builders. Available as part of the free LEGO® Building Instructions app for smart devices.
- LEGO® City is proud to support the groundbreaking work of National Geographic Explorers, who help build a better world for us all. LEGO City Ocean playsets introduce kids to the exciting world of underwater exploration.
- Every LEGO® City Ocean playset is designed to the highest industry standards and criteria. This ensures that the LEGO bricks and pieces are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time.
- LEGO® bricks and pieces are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure every kid's building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- September 14th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great Lego SetI would recommend this to a friend!My 9 year old son had a great time building this set and has played with it a ton so far. He has added it into his Lego City sets and is excited to have an underwater themed set. The set was moderately difficult to build. It did take him awhile, but as usual Lego did a great job with their detailed instructions. The hammerhead shark and stingray were animals we didn't have yet and they are super cute! This is a great set for Lego lovers!Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- November 13th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A lot of funI would recommend this to a friend!I received the Lego Ocean Exploration base free for my review, My 10 year old built it and he loved it! It took him about 2 and half hours to build without any help. His favorite thing about it was the minifigs and all the little ocean critters. One thing he did not like was where the base connected in the middle kept breaking apart. Overall he really enjoys playing with it.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money4.0Was this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 5th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Tons of Play Value!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI have been waiting for this set of a LONG time in the US. I bought it as a display piece for an underwater scene, but in the building process I was struck by the huge play potential that his set has. There are so many cool little features on this set that kids would love. It still displays well, but this kit is so well designed for kids that I can't help but admire it.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base
- September 15th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great set and Great initiativeI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfThis was a very fun experience, the set is amazing, well designed, and visually appealing! The only thing I felt was lacking was a way to fix the divers to the ground. Because of their flippers, they tend to skate away or fall pretty easily. The fact that the set is in support of National Geographic is also a very positive aspect that made the set even more enjoyable.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Ocean Exploration Base