LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime SetLEGO® Education
Choose your gift with purchases over 13070 Ft*Learn more
Small parts and Small Ball.
The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set is the go-to STEAM learning tool for grade 6-8 students. Combining colorful LEGO building elements, easy-to-use hardware, and an intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch, SPIKE Prime continuously engages students through playful learning activities to think critically and solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. From easy-entry projects to limitless creative design possibilities, SPIKE Prime helps students learn the essential STEAM and 21st century skills needed to become the innovative minds of tomorrow... while having fun!
The heart of the SPIKE Prime system is the programmable Hub. This advanced yet simple-to-use, brick-shaped device features 6 input/output ports, 5x5 light matrix, Bluetooth connectivity, a speaker, 6-axis gyro and a rechargeable battery. The SPIKE Prime Set also includes highly accurate motors and sensors that, together with a large variety of colorful LEGO building elements, let students design and build fun robots, dynamic devices and other interactive models. Many attachment points on the Hub, motors and sensors plus new, large building elements means students spend less time building and more time learning. The durable storage box and 2 sorting trays also means time spent setting up and clearing away is kept to a minimum, while the smaller trays are ideal when desk space is limited.
The intuitive coding environment for tablets and computers takes the best elements from the popular coding language based on Scratch, creating a system that teachers and students will love. In addition to Getting Started Material, the app comes with 3 unit plans of curriculum-aligned STEAM content focusing on Engineering and Computer Science. Designed for students grades 6-8 and optimized for 45-minute lessons, these units accelerate STEAM learning by consistently engaging students to think critically and to solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. Comprehensive online lesson plans with a wealth of accessible, interactive support material gives teachers everything they need to deliver lessons with confidence, whatever their previous experience.Learn about all the cool new elements that makes SPIKE™ Prime so cool!
- Sturdy storage box with sorting trays, programmable Hub, Distance Sensor, Force Sensor, Color Sensor, Large Motor, 2 Medium Motors and over 500 appealing LEGO® Technic™ elements in a fresh color palette.
- Programmable Hub features a 5x5 light matrix, 6 input/output ports, integrated 6-axis gyro, speaker, Bluetooth connectivity and rechargeable battery.
- The drag-and-drop coding environment for tablets and computers is rooted in the popular coding language based on Scratch used by millionsof children around the world.
- Engage students with 3 STEAM unit plans for grades 6-8 focused on Engineering and Computer Science, linked to curriculum standards, and mostly optimized for 45-minute sessions. Includes comprehensive online lesson plans and teacher support.
- Apply engineering design skills at each step of the design process.
- Develop efficient problem-solving and coding skills through decomposition of problems and algorithmic thinking.
- Design projects that combine hardware and software components to collect and exchange data.
- Work with variables, data arrays and cloud data.
- Apply critical thinking and develop life skills for the careers of tomorrow.
If you are an educator buying these products for schools or to deliver other accredited learning, please click on the link below for more information on how to source and use these solutions to deliver learning outcomes tailored to your local education requirements, such as options on classroom packs, professional development offerings and advice on classroom solutions. https://education.lego.com/shop/find-distributor
Are you a home user, looking for a way to provide home learning activities for children of all ages? Whether they’re in the classroom or the living room children have big imaginations, innate curiosity, and a desire to explore and take risks. All you need are the resources to tap into them. LEGO Education wants to help. Hands-on learning provides a medium for building ideas and models while practicing important skills such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity.
For more than 40 years, LEGO Education has been developing educational solutions based on a well-established educational theory that children learn best and remember more through hands-on experiences. Our products aren’t toys - instead home use of LEGO Education Learning Resources is intended to be a highly rewarding education experience that supplements locally applicable curriculum needs.
LEGO Education offers pre and post-sale support to ensure LEGO Education resources are used as effectively as possible in a learning environment. Contact our Customer Services team.
- June 30th, 2020Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Good, not greattikku22 |Purchased for: SelfI use a lot of LEGO Education products for my classes and I like them a lot. Spike Prime is Good. It's expensive. Pretty colors. It's nice to use Scratch for robotics, but honestly we've been doing that for years on our own. One of the things that really bothers me is that the cables are hard wired into the sensors and motors, instead of having connectors. Kids are rough, these are going to break, and I'll have to buy the whole motor or sensor when that happens. And the battery... no more rechargeable AA's, so when it stops holding a charge, we'll have to buy a whole new one from them. The software is very buggy and loses connection often; I expect that will be fixed over time.Play Experience3.0Value for Money2.0Building Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?35LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set
- July 29th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Worth the money!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI bought this set for my highly gifted almost 6 year old. I was tired of all the coding programs out there for young kids that are basically video games. My son loves building mechanical things hence I thought the Spike set might appeal to him. I was right! There are so many different things to build with this set that it really is worth the money. The way I looked at it was that a coding or robotics class would cost this much and now we have something that can be used again and again. As a former computer programmer, I appreciate that the kids can start off simple and then add more complex coding as their interest and skills grow.Play Experience5.0Value for Money5.0Building Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set
- June 26th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0New Spike Education Prime - IS AWESOME!I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: Daughter(26JUN2020) The kit is very well built, comes with lots of parts, is well organized, and has multiple build options that allow for a number of (long or short) projects and learning in programming and inventions. The kit uses either Apple, Android or PCs, and works through bluetooth, and charges with a USB Mini-plug. But you need a Mac or PC with windows, in order to update the base's firmware. There are a bunch of parts, motors, sensor, and bricks to allow many types of projects from simple robotics to moving cars and mechanical assemblies. Plus all of the existing LEGO bricks can be used with these SPIKE products. Instructions are clearly written, easy to follow, and will provide YEARS of fun. Adult supervision is highly recommended. The provided battery pack (Lithium Ion) needs to be charged for 6 hours after opening the boxes for the first time. Overall, the kit is VERY well designed and provides a young, interested builder lots of things to become interested and excited about. (Batman Voice) Alright builders, time to get your bricks on! (Ahem) Sorry, had to do that. TV Show megafans, BTW. (<3 to Will Arnett and all the build teams and show support staff) So we just got this kit, yesterday and the expansion pack for our 12 year old (7th grade) daughter, who is interested in robotics and programming. Also I am a STEM/STEAM grants officer, and this is an AWESOME pack of brick building goodness. We got this to help our daughter "get connected" over the summer, since we're all in lock down with nCOVID-19 restrictions. I'll post updates as the summer goes on, but as a scientist - I think this is a great product, used as a "pre-entry level" to the Mindstorm series of kits.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty4.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 1 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set