Kids can recreate the thrill of boat racing with this super-cool LEGO® Technic™ (42105) Catamaran toy. For the first time ever, this LEGO Technic model toy floats on water! So, sailing enthusiasts can learn while they play. See how the sails work. Or how the dagger boards maximise stability and how the rudder steers. With the classic 2-hull catamaran design, this model boat is a fantastic recreation of the real thing. Learn how to build and sail an awesome toy boat Build… rebuild… play… display... There’s so much for kids to discover with this LEGO engineering toy. Have fun building the Catamaran – inspired by real race boats. Then set it in the bathtub to recreate speed sailing adventures before rebuilding into a Race Power Boat. If you're looking for toy boats that really float, this set is a great choice. Unique toys and immersive building experiences LEGO Technic sets are ideal for LEGO fans looking for a new challenge. They offer an advanced building experience for kids and adults who enjoy learning new engineering skills – or simply love to build.Building Instructions
- Take to the water with this racing Catamaran floating toy sailboat. Packed with realistic features, it includes 2 sails, 2 dagger boards and rudder.
- Ideal for developing engineering skills, this 2-in-1 model sailboat kit lets kids build, play and rebuild, giving an introduction to how boats really work.
- Master the tactics of a world-class speed-sailor. Angle the sails for the ultimate racing position. Raise and lower the 2 dagger boards to maximize stability. Then use the rudder to steer.
- Looking for the best gifts for a toy boat fan? This LEGO® Technic™ Catamaran (42105) is a great choice. Designed for ages 8+, it’s ideal for LEGO fans looking for a new challenge, or for anyone with a passion for sailing.
- At over 12” (32cm) long, 8” (22cm) wide and 17” (44cm) high (from the bottom of the rudder to the top of the mast), this model sailboat is made for easy handling in the bathtub.
- Who needs batteries when you've got sails? Certainly not this LEGO® Catamaran! It's powered by imagination, so no batteries are required.
- Get building straightaway with full instructions for the Catamaran in the box. Ready to build the Race Power Boat? You’ll find extra instructions for this online.
- Young LEGO® fans can discover a whole new world of building fun with LEGO Technic™ plastic model kits. With cool vehicle designs and realistic functions, the action goes on long after the model is built.
- LEGO® building bricks are designed to the highest industry standards. LEGOTechnic™ building kits are consistent, compatible and connect easily every time.
- LEGO® Technic™ pieces go through robust testing to make sure every building set meets the highest global safety and quality standards.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 17000 Ft!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
62% would recommend this product.
Overall RatingAverage rating3.5out of 5 stars
Play ExperienceAverage rating3.3out of 5 stars
Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars
Value for MoneyAverage rating4.2out of 5 stars
- June 22nd, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Great kit!!Xetal | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI was totally surprised and excited to finally get a seagoing technic set. Combined with some ingenuity and the proper parts this set x2 yielded a great though somewhat sluggish pond patroller. By itself with the bluetooth batmobile I had a really fun relatively quick differential steering catamaran. Lego dudes, please make me a bigger boat prop!!! Add it to a new series of technic speedboats if you have to. Great summertime fun!! I highly recommend this kit!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Catamaran
- March 10th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Good for displaying in water... but that’s it.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI purchased this set for my son, who is 4 but has a basic idea of Lego’s. Now, that being said I purchased the yellow single hull boat when it was out and thought it was pretty cool. I was even more excited for a boat that would float. I feel it’s a bit misleading. Between the points where the steering fins attach to the boat there is an open hole. So if you were to play with this in a bath tub to any degree the hulls will take on water and sink. That’s my only gripe. Otherwise it was a cool build and can be displayed along with the other sailboat if you can build a cradle for it to sit on with the stabilizers tucked all the way in. Not disappointed, but not impressed. The other green speedboat released in the Lego city line takes on water too. Should’ve been one piece hulls. Oh well, maybe next time.13 March 2020Samuel, LEGO Customer ServiceWe're constantly looking to improve our sets and having your feedback is super helpful, thank you for taking the time to write the review. We wish you happy sailing!Play ExperienceAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Catamaran
- May 27th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Beautiful sailboat full of features!Mike2 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this as a birthday gift for myself a little while ago. I built it pretty quickly with my son and took it for a test float in the tub. Overall, I really loved the features of the set. The colors are bright and flashy, not much unlike real racing sailboats. The movable rudders, sails and keels on such a relatively small set are great to have. I typically get the really big Technic sets for their extra attention to detail, but was impressed with the level of detail packed into this relatively smaller set! The loss of a star is attributed solely to the fact that the hulls aren’t entirely waterproof. The boat was in the tub for just 10-15 mins, but I noticed that it was draining water when I took it out. Made me glad I didn’t try letting it float on the lake first...wouldn’t have enjoyed fishing it from the bottom. I understand the complaints some have voiced about it being hard to display, but I think it would actually be pretty easy to fashion a LEGO stand out of spare parts to lift the boat so it’s not sitting so precariously. I suppose it could have been built into the set, but then it would have cost another ~$10. In the end, I would recommend this set to others - just keep in mind that it will take on water during extended water excursions.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 1 hrs 30 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Catamaran
- January 15th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0FINALLY an accurate sailboat model!brettd | 45-54I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAs a sailor and a Lego fan, I am super impressed with this model, especially when compared to the previous attempts at sailboats. First, the floating aspect is awesome. Finally it gives us a REAL hulls that floats! The amas are actually very modern, cutting edge even. Reverse plumb bow is amazing. Mast and sails are much more in ratio to real boats. The mechanics are really novel with adjustable centerboard heights and individual sail trim. I suspect the designer is the same as with previous sailboats and finally got to build what s/he wanted. The best part for me, and worst for some, is that it is designed to be FLOATED and not displayed. I can see a ton of new MOCs coming from the new pieces introduced in this set. It is not an advanced set but it is a great representation of what a modern racing catamaran would look like. I plan to try to do some fun rebuilds that were not possible until this set. How about a HARD sail for that boat. Lego lends itself to hard sails very nicely
Response from LEGO SHOP16 January 2020Samuel, LEGO Customer ServiceExactly, love the positivity! It's the first time we've introduced a Technic™ boat that floats on water. Awesome, right? We can't wait to see our fans get creative and build MOCs with the newly introduced pieces. Thank you for your review and we wish you happy sailing!Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Building Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Catamaran