BOOST Creative Toolbox
For more details on device compatibility, please go to www.LEGO.com/devicecheck
Back orders accepted, will be shipped by 1 December 2020
Bring your LEGO® creations to life with the new LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox—a fun and easy way for your 7+ builder to learn the basics of coding, engineering and robotics. Simply choose one of the 5 models available with the BOOST set, download the free, easy-to-use app and you’re ready to go! Choose between Vernie the Robot—a moving, talking robot; the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)—a robust, versatile rover with 4 different tool attachments including a spring-loaded shooter; the Guitar4000—a musical instrument with pitch bend and sound effects; Frankie the Cat—an interactive robot pet that plays, purrs and expresses its mood; or the AutoBuilder—an automated production line that really builds miniature LEGO models! Then bring your creation to life with the app’s intuitive, icon-based coding interface and complete an array of exciting activities designed for each model. With LEGO BOOST, children learn about loops and variables, improve STEM and creative-problem solving skills and develop their imagination as they toggle between guided and open-ended play. The more activities you complete, the more coding blocks you unlock! The LEGO BOOST app is available for selected iOS, Android and Kindle smart devices. Please go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of all compatible devices. The app offers regular updates with new challenges and coding options designed to encourage social play.
- Includes a LEGO® Motorized Hub, additional Motor and a Color & Distance Sensor, plus more than 840 LEGO pieces for building and rebuilding any of 5 multifunctional models.
- Code Vernie the Robot to dance, shoot the target, beatbox, use his hockey stick or even play a game.
- Build the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4) and choose from a selection of tools and customization attachments to complete missions or battle against other rovers.
- Learn how to play a song and rock out with the Guitar4000.
- Look after your own pet with Frankie the Cat. Be sure to feed it the right food, or it might get upset!
- Construct, code and operate the AutoBuilder to produce real miniature LEGO® models.
- Build and code robots and models, and complete over 60 exciting activities included in the LEGO® BOOST App. Building instructions for all 5 models are only available with the free LEGO BOOST app, available for selected iOS, Android and Kindle smart devices. The app offers regular updates that include new challenges and coding options, and encourages social play.
- Real coding transformed into an intuitive and easy to use drag-and-drop coding interface, suitable for all aged 7+. Learn about loops and variables, and develop your STEM skills, creative-problem solving and imagination by toggling between guided and open-ended play.
- Step-by-step challenges suitable for starting levels that help you progress and increase your coding skills.
- Combine with the LEGO® City 60194 Arctic Scout Truck to control and drive the vehicle! Use the LEGO BOOST app to operate the forklift, examine samples with the color sensor, help the whale back into the water and much more, for an interactive experience like never before!
- Combine with LEGO® NINJAGO® 70652 Stormbringer and set the Lightning Dragon free! Use the LEGO BOOST app to control the fearsome beast, fire the shooters, create a color-sensing ejector seat and much more!
- This product requires batteries (not included).
- Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices.
- This set features Digital Building Instructions. Now it’s easy to follow the steps on your mobile device or download a PDF of the printed building guide. Click the Building Instructions button at the bottom of this page to find and download the instructions.
- Free standard 3 to 5 business day delivery on all merchandise orders over 17000 Ft!
- Express delivery available at checkout.
- Custom parts orders are sent separately from merchandise and take additional time to process and deliver.
- Unopened merchandise may be returned for a full refund within 90 days of receipt of your order.
- July 25th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0PatienceLegomastersx2 | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI got this build for my 7 year old son who loves to build and code so this was perfect. This build is an awsome build but lego failed in a few ways. First there is 847 parts and 11 bags and lego did not put the builds in bag order. You have to search thru all 847 parts to find what you need. One part in bag 9 next part in bag 3 next part bag 11 and so on. Very frustrating trying to find what you need. So I have been the parts finder and him the builder. Fail 2 is the box it came in. Lego should have put this build in a reclosable box like there games come in. Maybe even with a tray they use for the advent calendar.7 August 2017Jordan - Consumer Service Specialist, LEGO® Consumer ServicesIt is great to hear your 7 year old is enjoying the set and that he has even found ways that our designers can improve other LEGO experiences in the future. We do not want our builders to spend hours trying to find a certain piece and we understand how this can affect his excitement. We have found the greatest success when sorting elements by color and size prior to building. While this takes time prior to building, it will pay off during the build as you can both focus on the cool new robot rather than playing hide and seek with a LEGO brick. We also have an entire design team that does nothing but packaging! We have used re-sealable boxes in the past with our LEGO Architecture product line so I will pass on your suggestion for this to be considered in the future. I hope that you and your son will soon be sharing your LEGO Boost creations on our new LEGO Life app to help inspire some of the younger builders!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 30+ daysBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?45BOOST Creative Toolbox
- July 19th, 2018Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0First time I've felt compelled to reviewDarkyP85 | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonI've been playing with Lego since I could first hold the bricks. I have been collecting advanced kits for years, and though disillusioned at times, I've continued to come back. When I first saw this, I dismissed it as a lazy cash grab. But I did some research, and snapped it up on an awesome sale ($AUD120!). My three year old has been slowly chipping away at it, built the tutorial bot, just finished the body of Vernie. It's exceedingly hard for him, but he's loving every minute of it, as am I. This is a really fun way to do Lego. The coding is intuitive, the build is fun, and now that he has gone to bed, I'm really struggling to not finish it off without him! I just really wanted to say thanks for delivering something so fresh. For though I continue to collect the modular buildings, that feels more like an obligation, whereas this, this reignites the spark! Kudos to the whole team, really good job. Can't wait to see what comes next for Boost, consider me a convert!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55BOOST Creative Toolbox
- December 9th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Best lego gift yet!Dropfruit | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonWe bought the set for our son's 6th bday and were wondering if he would be able to build it alone. I'd say he needed our help with the robot/ipad maybe 5% of the time. The set is very expensive, but as my son is more a builder and explorer than a child who actually PLAYS with lego (role play etc), this set is perfect for him; he spent already hours building and coding the robot. For his bdayhe also received several lego sets from his friends. They are all built, but just laying around after an hour of building. If you compare prices then i'd say they playtime-per-dollar is higher on the boost set than on the usual sets. Today, 12 days after receiving the gift/starting the ronot-build, he suggested we take the robot apart and built the next one. The cat. Taking the robot apart was a bit of work and I helped with that. Now he's quietly building the next challenge. Bliss! What I find a bit annoying about the set is this: 1. All the parts our now out of the numbered bags and thus it is harder to find pieces. DIY Solution: We have color sorted the pieces and placed them in large resealable bags so they can lay flat and show all the pieces of the color while the pieces are not laying around on the floor (we have a baby, too). 2. We will need to buy a resealable box to put the parts and the card board playmat, that comes with the set, in. This is not like usuallego and there are many very specific pieces. If these 800 pieces would be mixed with his normal lego (about 10 -15 sets + some classic brick boxes) he'd never be able to find the pieces back to build any of the Boost figures. Too bad the set box doesn't allow to be used long term - it being card board and non-resealable it doesn't lend itself well for storing. it seems one piece is missing (see-through 2 dot red brick) as it was not used for the robot, but it is also not in the left over bags. Will need to ask if it can be send still. 3. it needs 6 AAA batteries and as he, of course, codes and recodes the set and tries it all out, batteries die really fast.I am a bit surprised it didn't come with a rechargable battery (with the option to buy a spare one if you'd want). I hope this is something that will be available for purchse soon in a way that people who already own a set can use that option too. This especially in light of the fact that the set IS in fact expensive and I cannot simply buy an upgraded version. I hope extension boxes or App updates will come available. Ideally extension boxes that "grow" with the kids, so in two years from now he still will be challenged with building and coding these robots.
Response from LEGO SHOP26 December 2017Leroy, LEGO® Consumer ServicesHello Dropfruit, thank you very much that you took the time to let us know your thoughts about LEGO® BOOST. I am very happy to read that you already had quite a lot of fun with it so far. Unfortunately though, there seem to have been a few things that did not meet your expectations. That is obviously very unfortunate and I am sorry for that. Regarding the LEGO bricks I think you already found a very good solution as sorting them (maybe by colour even) into a tray will give you a nice and tidy way of storing them. It would obviously be great to have a such a tray included with the set (or with LEGO sets in general), one has to keep in mind though that this might result in a bigger price of the set, for example. Another easy solution would be to carefully open the bags and then reuse them to store the bricks (sealing them with a rubber band). As you mentioned having noticed some elements seemingly missing, we are obviously happy to help you out with this. You can contact us either by phone, web form or livechat (LEGO.com/Service), or you can go through the "Missing Parts" section on the same website to request the missing parts to be sent to you. So far we have opted to use batteries for the kit because it allows the set to be used around the world without any limitations due to different forms of electricity provision and needed transformers. A rechargeable battery pack would still be a very great addition, I agree with that. For the moment though there is no information regarding such plans available. Dropfruit, thank you so much again for your valuable feedback. I will make sure to pass this on to our responsible departments and I wish you lots of more fun with LEGO BOOST !Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 6 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45BOOST Creative Toolbox
- August 10th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0one missing piece in bag #5 so farNatalia | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!we placed a request for a missing part, hope it will arrive soon...
Response from LEGO SHOP17 August 2017Haley - Consumer Service Specialist, Consumer ServicesWe’re so sorry that you were missing a piece! It’s great to hear that you were able to order the missing piece via our replacement parts service on LEGO.com/Service. If this is holding up your current build it’d be a fun idea to try out one of the several other models that BOOST offers while you’re waiting! You can always check on the status of your order by getting in touch with our friendly customer service advisors using the Service link above. We hope you and your family enjoys building and coding with LEGO BOOST!Was this helpful?45BOOST Creative Toolbox