Enjoy a rewarding build-and-play experience with this robust and detailed 2-in-1 LEGO® Technic Container Yard set, featuring an articulated truck with working steering, opening doors, detachable trailer and two loadable containers, plus a container loader with working steering and extendable boom with working grabber. This set can be rebuilt to create a Container Straddle-Carrier with truck and container. Both models can be built using the free interactive, 3D digital LEGO Building Instructions app, available online.
- Features an articulated truck with working steering, opening doors, detachable trailer and two loadable containers, plus a container loader with working steering and an extendable boom with working grabber.
- Truck features a blue and white color scheme.
- Container loader features an orange and black color scheme.
- Steer the articulated truck into position.
- Operate the loader's boom to grab the containers and lift them into position.
- A uniquely decorated LEGO® Technic 40th Anniversary brick is included with this model.
- This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 9+.
- Free interactive, 3D Digital LEGO® Building Instructions app available online for both A and B models. Ask your parents' permission.
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Container Straddle-Carrier with truck and container.
- Truck with trailer measures over 4” (11cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Container loader with boom extended measures over 9” (23cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide, and over 3” (10cm) high and 9” (23cm) long with boom retracted.
- Each container measures over 1” (5cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
- Container Straddle-Carrier (fully extended) measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (11cm) long and 9” (24cm) wide, and over 6” (17cm) high and 4” (11cm) wide when retracted.
- Container Straddle-Carrier truck with container measures over 3” (9cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide, and over 2” (7cm) high without the container.
- July 24th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0A great multi-part kitI would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfI bought this with some trepidation as to any challenge involved, but since I collect just about every set that is released, it was on my list, even I prefer the larger builds. Sometimes the smaller sets just really surprise you with their features, different ways to use Lego elements, etc. I was thoroughly impressed with the 42057 Ultralight Helicopter and even a >200 piece model can really end up being a lot of fun, not only the build, but the playability. Getting back to the 42062 Container Yard, it has enormous playability, both A and B models. The truck w/ flatbed trailer is rather simple but it holds the containers perfectly inside its 'rails'. What I had the most fun with is the container stacker. While I figured it would be like the 42061 Telehandler kit that was also released earlier this year, it really wasn't. Its a bit scaled down size-wise. Extending and retracting the boom with the attachment component on the end was brilliant, especially the T-pieces that you have to line up with with the holes in the top of each of the 2 containers. Driving the stacker to the flatbed truck and its actually harder than you think to correctly drop and place the containers on the flatbed, which adds to the fun. Many times you have to back up and give it another go forward. Replay value = over and over. Not a set you would get bored with easily. Even for a middle-aged adult who has loved Technic for nearly 2 decades, I have had loads of fun with this process and with the set in general, as would the target age range of 8-14 yrs. I believe it is worth the money, and I highly recommend purchasing this kit. Plus, you can build the alternate model, which I haven't done, having too much fun with the main model.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty2.0Value for Money5.0Build Time: 2 daysBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard
- October 9th, 2017Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Hits the spotI would recommend this to a friend!Not as exciting and detailed as the big Technic sets, but a perfect "I have nothing to do for a few hours tonight" set. A fun buildLevel of Difficulty2.0Build Time: 2 hrsWas this helpful?45Container Yard
- October 4th, 2017Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Another Winner.I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfGreat build, great colour scheme, lots of play value if you’re not an old duffer like me. The vehicles look superb once they are built. One of my favourite Lego Sets.Value for Money5.0Build Time: 4 hrsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Container Yard
- February 17th, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Small SetJman007 |I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SelfAlthough this set is very functional, and fun to play with, it is extremely small.Play Experience5.0Level of Difficulty1.0Value for Money2.0Build Time: 1 hrsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Container Yard