The LEGO® DUPLO® 10874 Steam Train is now even easier for your toddler to control and interact with in multiple ways. Young children can become the train driver with the Push & Go motor — a gentle push either forwards or backwards sends the train on its way and a firm hold or lift off the tracks will make it stop. Help them place the 5 colored action bricks along the track to sound the horn, turn the lights on and off, pause and refuel, change direction and stop the train wherever they like. With a train station, coal tipper, 2 DUPLO figures plus an animal figure and a simple toy train track included in this LEGO DUPLO set, preschoolers can enjoy classic, fun train play. Download the optional app to unlock even more play possibilities, including remote-control function and fun activities to complete with your toddler!
- Includes train driver and child LEGO® DUPLO® figures, plus a squirrel figure.
- Features a buildable Push & Go locomotive with lights and sounds, passenger carriage, 5 color-coded action bricks, train station, coal tipper, tree and 16 pieces of track.
- Accessory elements include a refueling can, suitcase, bread and a spade.
- Any toddler can start the steam train with a gentle push forwards or backwards, and stop it by placing their hand firmly on top of the engine.
- Show your child how to place and move the 5 colored action bricks around the track so the train follows their instructions to sound the horn, turn on the lights, refuel, change direction or stop.
- Develop imagination and early role-play skills using the LEGO® DUPLO® figures to create endless journeys and adventures.
- Extend the play possibilities of this LEGO® DUPLO® set by downloading the free app with remote-control function and fun activities for young children to complete.
- The train and tracks included in this set are compatible with your child’s existing LEGO® DUPLO® train collection.
- Download the optional app at the App Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Kindle Store. Learn more at LEGO.com/devicecheck.
- LEGO® DUPLO® products are specially designed to be fun and easy for little hands.
- This product requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Combine with the 10872 Train Bridge and Tracks, 10875 Cargo Train and 10882 Train Tracks for even more track combinations and LEGO® DUPLO® train fun.
- Steam train with passenger car measures over 3” (10cm) high, 11” (30cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
- Station measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep.
- December 31st, 2018Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great App Integrationdtrev | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonSanta gave my 18mo this for Christmas. It is simple to set up and use. We bought it so that our older son could play together with youngest. Works perfectly for that. Making the set is easy, i’d recommend getting extra sets so there’s more track. App Set up is easy and straightforward and worked straight away on our Apple devices (IoS 12) Youngest loves the push and go so no app needed. Our 4yo loves the app and the extra interactive games. We had a lot of old style black track from years ago, it works perfectly with that. Ths only issue is the old style bridge doesn’t have enough grip. This was fixed with a thin wipe of PVA of the track surface! We now have a hump back bridge!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating2out of 5 stars2.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 20 minsBuilding Experience: Expert LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Steam Train
- October 17th, 2020Average rating4out of 5 stars4.0Great set , but buy extra tracksKikihero | 35-44I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: SonMy boys aged 3 and 6 both really enjoy this set. I got the additional tracks and bridge. It’s easy enough for my 3 year old to help build tracks and operate the train; and my oldest likes making more complex designs. When their friends are here there’s enough for 4 kids. Both girls and boys enjoy this set. This also goes with other Duplo bricks and some vehicles fit on the tracks too, it can even be raised up off the floor. If the kids have imagination there’s lots to do with it. I haven’t had issues with it, and it goes up and down the bridge easily until batteries run low. *I would have liked a second option to get another/different train, the cargo train has been out of stock for awhile. And also an option to buy spare and different coding/function tabs would be cool. I would recomended this product.Play ExperienceAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 15 minsBuilding Experience: Advanced LEGO builderWas this helpful?45Steam Train
- December 29th, 2020Average rating5out of 5 stars5.0Perfect for 3 year old builderMomDuploFan | 25-34I would recommend this to a friend!Purchased for: DaughterMy 3 year old is a huge Duplo fan! She loves to build. This train set is superb. YES, you will need to change the batteries a ridiculous amount, (especially if you have the bridge pieces.) We love the interactive app option that allows my daughter to change the color of the train lights and blow the whistle whenever she pleases. She loves reversing the train. She also loves the characters and the squirrel included with the set. It was a perfect hit for Christmas!Play ExperienceAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Level of DifficultyAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating5out of 5 stars5.0Build Time: 10 minsBuilding Experience: Intermediate LEGO builderWas this helpful?55Steam Train
- December 30th, 2018Average rating3out of 5 stars3.0Not as good as previous trainsDrGareth | 35-44Purchased for: SonMy 2-year old loves the previous issue motorised Duplo trains since he can push them along by himself, or use the big green button to start them going and stop them as he pleases. On this new train, however, you can't push it along by itself - it will always start running, which limits his play options. (It also requires quite a shove which will also sometimes move and therefore break apart the train tracks it is resting on). Also, weirdly, it doesn't auto-power down when left idle - it just sits there, not moving, but draining its battery unless an adult thinks to turn it over and notice the blue light. Maybe it powers off eventually, but it hadn't after a few hours of not being used. The bluetooth app is not an essential part of the toy, but is poorly designed for very young children since only a small part of the phone interface is given to the train control, so the distance to move from full speed forward to full speed reverse is tiny (and on a modern iPhone is also near the edge of the screen and thus triggers other parts of the OS interface). Overall I find it hard to believe this has had much testing at the lower end of its target age range, since it's natural for little kids to want to push along their trains themselves sometimes.5 January 2019Emily, Customer ServiceThanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear your son isn't enjoying the push-and-go feature or the app. I'll pass your feedback along to our design team. As for the battery life, the train does have auto-stop and auto-off features. If not pushed, the train will stop automatically after 15 minutes of running, lowering battery use. It will stay on but not moving for 120 minutes after that, at which time it'll automatically turn off.Play ExperienceAverage rating3out of 5 stars3.0Value for MoneyAverage rating4out of 5 stars4.0Build Time: 15 minsWas this helpful?35Steam Train